Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

How dumb are these Greens?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 232425
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Originally posted by Isaac soloman Isaac soloman wrote:

Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

Taxation is the main problem, everything else is "distanced". Major companies paying less tax than a homeless person, in some cases, how can things be more wrong than that ?

and why do you think that is?

have a look at who the shareholders of these companies are. probably you!

Yes, a fact that most people do't care to admit Isaac ... Australian Super Funds hold over $2.3 Trillion in assets ... some in cash, some in real estate, some in collectibles, etc ... but the vast majority is in the share market, and a lot of that is invested in those very companies that "pay no tax" ... so the average punter is tax fraud!LOL

so, therein lies a large part of the problem. so long as i get my cut first, ay max, and then worry about the homeless....or the poorer folk....

ah yes, the not for profit brigade. now there is a bottomless pit! the greedy sponging of the very needy in our society.   mmm who me! never....
some flash joints going up for the aged....
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 2:10pm
Never mind about ascribing base motives to myself, Isaac, the inequity of the tax system, sticks out like the proverbial, most people in the expense-laden years of their lives are not helped one whit by super considerations.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 5:51pm
Yes, no question in my mind, or any reasonable hard working person - the Australian Taxation System IS inequitable, and the sooner we cut the ridiculously high company and tiered marginal rates, the better!Thumbs Up

... and lets's not talk about the "middle income welfare" of maternity/paternity leave payments and Family Tax Part A & B, or a Carbon Tax Credit for a Carbon Tax that we never got charged! ... it's a joke, and costs more to administer than if we just cut the rates through the tiers!  

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 11:14am
How friggin' dumb are these pollies, part 6,497?Wacko If you're going into parliament to make your big sob story speech on why 44(1) doesn't apply to you because Mummy ran away when you were a childCry, shouldn't you research it first to see if it holds water? Even more brilliant would be to check it before you run for parliament but that's near genius level routine clerical work so I'm not expecting that.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 11:23am
Her situation was as bad as the Feeney situation, and either shows holes in Labor's vetting system they claimed was secure, or that Labor tried to ride it through as Liberals did. Either way a bad look and time for an office to be created to vet everyone by accepting documentation or stat-dec pending receipt of documentation with heavy penalties to untruthful declarations, after election and before swearing in.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 11:31am
I always thought the Labor story on dual citizenship- in general we are dunderheads who couldn't run a chook raffle but on this we are perfect- to be highly improbable.Big smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 11:35am
The confidence with which Shorten and other senior Labor members committed himself to Labor's scrutiny regime suggests that there may have been holes in the system rather than one in place at all
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 11:37am
I am glad I am not the only one who found her performance sickening.

reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 11:38am
The Liberals flat refusal to let anyone independent look at theirs suggests there could be more to come from them as well, as they try to bodgie up the gaps
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 5:10pm
I don't know about the Greens and intelligence but the average Aussie is fairly thick. Question on Millionaire tonight "How many times did Phar Lap win the Melbourne Cup" saw only 2/6 contestants answer correctly. Ouch 
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 5:59pm
How many of us have just hit google? LOL
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 6:18pm
LOL. The answer should be required learning in Aussie History for ten year olds. Why do they never show the movie on TV?
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 8:17pm
I saw that too.  Couldnt believe they had not a clue.  I think some of them didnt even know who Phar Lap was, going by the looks on their faces.
animals before people.
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 9:14pm
Why should they know ?  

The horse has been dead for more than 80 years and in that time horse racing has not only lost its place in Australian culture it is rapidly becoming an anachronism kept alive only by compulsive digital gambling and the well dressed spring booze up.  The crowds there would have a hard time recalling who won the race last year let alone 80 years ago.  

Why should its trivia be a measure of anyone's intelligence ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 9:46pm
There are only so many true legends of Australian folklore. Phar Lap is one of those legends. It's not about racing, it's about a true icon of Australian history. It's like knowing Ned Kelly was caught in Glenrowan and Sovereign Hill and the Eureka Stockade are in Ballarat. I'd also expect most to know sfa about test cricket but still be aware that Don Bradman had a batting average of 99.  

I thought you liked history sir?
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 11:07am
I agree with all that but I still don't consider that knowledge of such things is a mark of intelligence.  People aren't thick because they can't recall the record of a horse that has been dead of 80 years or the batting average of an ancient test cricketer.  It is just that they don't consider such things to be important enough to recall or they have never known of them in the first place.  

Australia is a young and increasingly multi-cultural country that has been dependent on immigration for its continued growth.   Australia it is the land of starting again, of negotiating a new identity, leaving behind the old world and the shackles of its past and embracing the future with the hope of opportunity, peace and prosperity.  It is the future that matters, and in the future that our destinies are entwined, not in the past.  Ambivalence to the past is actually part of our national character.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 1:31pm
I disagree. Ambivalence is only significant among those who have relatively new ties to the country. Some of us have much stronger links through family endeavours in World Wars, politics, business and social developments along with other significant moments in this country's history whether as settlers, miners or transported prisoners. Ambivalence has certainly increased during my lifetime as more immigrants have arrived. Too much pandering and not enough integration has led to misguided views becoming over developed.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 10:48am
I've no idea of the validity of this article but found it quite interesting reading so maybe others will too Confused

Eddie Peters

Don’t Ever Forget The Face! (no pic needed Big smile)
NOW FOR THE STORY!
DON’T EVER FORGET IT EITHER!!
Richardo Luiji Di Natale. The Greens party leader who loves to tell us Aussies that we live on stolen land and our nation isn’t legitimate and that we should give it all back to the aboriginals.
Richardo Luiji Di Natale. The son of Italian immigrants. That right. His parents fought against us during the war. No one in his family fought or died for the country he is critical of while he is taking advantage of it.
Richardo Luiji Di Natale. The Greens party leader who despises Australians. In particular white Australians and in particular wealthy and middle class Australians and would happily rid the average Aussie family of their privately owned 474 to 665 square meters of “stolen land”.
Owns a 50 acres of “stolen land” in Victoria's Otway Ranges. Not only does he own it. He failed to declare that he owned it when he entered politics. And he is required by law to declare it.
He claimed that he’d forgotten that he’d purchased his 2.3 million dollar property!
Like putting spare change in a draw, I suppose.
One forgets it’s there??
But wait there’s more!!
This “champion of human rights” and especially the rights of foreigners in Australia. Had two au pairs on his property. An au pair is a young foreign person, typically a woman, who helps with housework or childcare in exchange for food, a room, and some pocket money.
And Greens party leader. Richardo Luiji Di Natale. The champion of humanity, in his own mind, paid them a massive $3.75 an hour to help with his family. Mind you on top of Richardo Luiji Di Natale’s $283,632 plus bonuses and quirks per year from the tax payer.
He would also claim that massive $3.75 per hour for his nannies back on tax as he’s a mobile politician.
His ad for the au pair read …..
“family of four is looking for an extra pair of hands around the place to entertain the lads [the couple have two boys] and help with cooking and general domestic duties".
"Will take couples but weekly wage remains the same."
That’s $150 a week for two people. Or $1.88 an hour each.
Even if we disregard his hypocrisy in being critical of our nation and the land we live on.
He’s even failing at being a communist.
Which is what the Greens are.
Richardo Luiji Di Natale is a hypocrite, a capitalist and he takes advantage of those on working visa’s as well as the Australian tax payer.
Credit: Barry Cockinos ..SMA member.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 232425