Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

How dumb are these Greens?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 25>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 5:23pm
^ precisely Angry
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

I think that is in the hands of the Attorney General and with a number of govt members and possibly Labor members involved, it may well be like it is with rorting entitlements, too many from both sides to go after. so nobody from the major parties complains too loudly. There was a clue when it was just the 2 Greens and Turnbull was asked about it but wouldn't commit to pursuing them

Precisely!Angry 
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 5:28pm
They will be running dead on that one, you'd have to think.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 9:13pm
Another one...Nationals deputy Fiona Nash believes she is also a dual citizen

Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 9:18pm
Bernardi wants to shut the joint down till its sorted. How much will that cost
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 9:26pm
From WIKI:

Fiona Joy Nash (née Morton) (born 6 May 1965) is an Australian politician.She is both an Australian and British Citizen. She has represented the National Party of Australia in the Australian Senate for the State of New South Wales since 1 July 2005 and has served as the Deputy Leader of the Nationals in the Parliament of Australia since 11 February 2016, having previously served as the party's deputy Senate leader since 2008.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

From WIKI:

Fiona Joy Nash (née Morton) (born 6 May 1965) is an Australian politician.She is both an Australian and British Citizen. She has represented the National Party of Australia in the Australian Senate for the State of New South Wales since 1 July 2005 and has served as the Deputy Leader of the Nationals in the Parliament of Australia since 11 February 2016, having previously served as the party's deputy Senate leader since 2008.

I assume that has been very recently altered. Though nothing would surprise me with these lamebrains. It might have said she's a dual citizen since she got there.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 1:21am
Watched Four Corners and the item that struck me was that Tasmania's Mr Brown, came out of that looking like the best political leader that party had ever had, and that the Greens are dead ducks while the NSW committee remain the faceless men of their party. 

Lee Rhiannon came out of it looking like a puppet.

I see we are discussing the dual citizenship issue here. I am not sure there is even a discussion. It is in the constitution. We have been having a 20 year debate on changing the constitution , yet it seems everyone just wants to ignore this part of the constitution. 

If the high court allows any of the senators or parliamentarians to continue to stand, then they are complicit in illegal activities. All of the criminals, need to stand down, there needs to be by-elections for the parliamentarians and if they renounce their citizenship of their other countries, then they can stand again for pre-selection and for the seat.

There is no discussion to be had!   
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 1:32am
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Bernardi wants to shut the joint down till its sorted. How much will that cost

Leave without pay!!!???Big smile
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 1:35am
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

Watched Four Corners and the item that struck me was that Tasmania's Mr Brown, came out of that looking like the best political leader that party had ever had, and that the Greens are dead ducks while the NSW committee remain the faceless men of their party. 

Lee Rhiannon came out of it looking like a puppet.

I see we are discussing the dual citizenship issue here. I am not sure there is even a discussion. It is in the constitution. We have been having a 20 year debate on changing the constitution , yet it seems everyone just wants to ignore this part of the constitution. 

If the high court allows any of the senators or parliamentarians to continue to stand, then they are complicit in illegal activities. All of the criminals, need to stand down, there needs to be by-elections for the parliamentarians and if they renounce their citizenship of their other countries, then they can stand again for pre-selection and for the seat.

There is no discussion to be had!   

We might need a plebiscite to get this one up!Sleepy
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 1:36am
This should really be seen as a major political crisis, with a large number of members seemingly not legitimately elected, and the legislation they passed of doubttful legitimacy, really the biggest mess since Federation. But there seems to be a conspiracy among all parties to play it down, only because they are all implicated. The press gallery is not treating it with sufficient seriousness, and are part of the conspiracy that it ain't really big news. I don't believe them.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 1:39am
If the courts rule them ineligible, and I can't imagine how they won't, do they have to pay back all their earnings ? This is a colossal mess.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 1:44am
... should go back and audit the lot of them, including the ones on pensions.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 1:03pm
Nick Xenephon is now under doubt. He got cleared of being of Greek citizenship through his father but not British with his father being a Greek Cypriot, which would make him potential British double rather than Greek double
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 1:06pm
No triples or quadruples ? I'd allow them a "six and out" rule.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 1:07pm
Do other countries parliaments have the same rules about dual citizenship ?  If so I am sure there would be many cases and similar problems but I have not heard anything .
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Do other countries parliaments have the same rules about dual citizenship ?  If so I am sure there would be many cases and similar problems but I have not heard anything .

Many countries, many rules.
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Israel.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 9:10pm
Which if so leaves another 194 without similar rules re citizenship.  
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 9:18pm
We have rules, they are simple, and don't need to change - kick the ineligible out, including the parasitic pensioners - it's not hard!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 9:21pm
That is what Barnaby said when it was only Greens in trouble
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 9:24pm
I love the way Turnbull pre-empts the High Court, saying there won't be a problem. All I can say to that, is a common sense interpretation has to be they are up Ship Creek, it could not be much plainer what the rule is. Never mind the nonsense that it is only designed to prevent foreign influence, it might also be interpreted as wanting people in govt with nowhere else to run, if the ship hits the fan here.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 9:34pm
My impression is that the test will be, if the key players get a pass from the HC, the minor party players will be left to please themselves, and the ALP and LNP will give the audit a miss, the ALP will be happy with a points decision, but won't push hard.

If however, Barnaby happens to be the weakest link, and it's Good Bye!, then I reckon all bets will be off, and the LNP will call for the full audit, and i reckon the worms will be wriggling in all corners of the political spectrum! ... option 2 is my preference!!!Big smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 9:36pm
Barnaby has already set up an election office in Armidale and is starting campaigning for a bi-election apparently
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 9:37pm
He formally renounced his Kiwi citizenship
Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 9:39pm
Yep, Nick X....

You can change you're name but you can't change your citizenship.

If found guilty - how about shoveling manure for a couple of seasons? Punters would be real heppi - no pun intended.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

We have rules, they are simple, and don't need to change - kick the ineligible out, including the parasitic pensioners - it's not hard!

Bingo!!!

those that rolled the dice and got caught....kick the scammers out. with a penalty.

no excuses...look at em all make enquiries now to the relevant authorities to find out their citizenship status.

just shows thats what they ignored doing when it mattered most.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 9:43pm
... nothing like being prepared! 

Preempting any court decision is fraught with danger ... the bankruptcy listings are full of people who's barrister told them they had a great claim or defence! 

Not a real lot of barristers on those lists, apart from the punting ones!Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

I love the way Turnbull pre-empts the High Court, saying there won't be a problem. All I can say to that, is a common sense interpretation has to be they are up Ship Creek, it could not be much plainer what the rule is. Never mind the nonsense that it is only designed to prevent foreign influence, it might also be interpreted as wanting people in govt with nowhere else to run, if the ship hits the fan here.

I think its far more simple and it was barnaby who said it best - you cant serve two masters as a mp. allegiance has to solely be with australia. makes perfect sense.

although allegiance to oz can be broken for the right price. $$$$. andrew robb anyone??
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 9:45pm
He is gone He was a dual citizen when elected...no disputing it The only dispute has been wheth the 3 month rule for Ministers applies to him
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 25>