Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

How dumb are these Greens?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 25>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 3:53pm
Well thankfully it would never have entered my Mum,s mind, or any of the family for that matter, to change anyone,s citizenship !  We all like being Aussie too much.
animals before people.
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 3:59pm
interestingly, dual citizenship rules dont apply to state mp's, its the federal constitution that says you cant serve parliament as a dc holder.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 4:01pm
I can't imagine a person of 18 or more, could have their nationality changed by another person.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 4:05pm
Not unknowingly, of course.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 4:07pm
The remedy is simple.

We should make dual citizenship illegal.Thumbs Up

If you are an Aussie and want to be a citizen elsewhere - good luck, off you go, and don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way! 

... rescind your Australian Citizenship and all of the benefits that go with it ... simple!

Likewise, if you apply and are lucky enough to be granted Aussie Citizenship (and the test needs to be MUCH tougher) you must immediately rescind any other citizenship.

You are either here to stay, or a visitor, simple, easy, no confusion for dumb politicians.Big smile
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 4:10pm
Mi sento molto male.Cry
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 4:14pm
Exactly! Speaking English should be a mandatory too!Thumbs Up
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 4:20pm
Sorry this party in one I would never vote for anyway.  They think they are right on so many things which break people.  A cousin in the country on 25 acres has been told to fence a creek as the sheep might poo in it!  Um, the sheep need to drink and it rains and the poo is in the creek anyway.  They don't live in the county but think they know how everyone should live!

Well they don't.  Like the rest of us they muddle along and can't see the hurt they are causing.

This is so sad as so many things need to be done and they concentrate on the mundane stupid rules which are breaking people.

I'm sick of this modern world.  I wan't to go back to when we helped each other went times got tough.  When we didn't judge someone because their house was simple and they didn't have a car.  When we could trim back a tree without being taken to court.

Every time they think up a new law things just get worst!  Don't judge people unless you've lived their life and struggled through every day with them.  We all have our good points and bad but you just have to let people be different (well not the murdering types I agree) and live on a house boat, in a tree, underground etc.  

And we also have to remember the accidents we have before judging that a parent already heartbroken over a childs accident may of only turned away for a split second.  I've done that with mine and luckily didn't pay a heavy price.  Some of the things they tell me they got up to scare the living daylights out of me - but I didn't know at the time.  I got lucky.  Don't jump on someone who didn't have that luck.  But the modern texts etc seem to jump on and have their say about things they know next to nothing about.  They drive people to suicide who are already broken.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 4:23pm
You need a holiday, furious ! But I tend to agree that a lot about the modern world is becoming less congenial.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 4:39pm
I'll get one in November max getting a short visit to NZ studs.  Hope the rain stops before then!  

Sorry to sound so down but boy the wrong people just keep getting stomped on these days.  I know I can't help them all,  I know I'm powerless, but that doesn't make the feeling go away.  I'm crying inside for a friend who is totally broken at the moment and the modern world couldn't care less about her.  But unfortunately I'm not built that way.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 4:43pm
Doesn't the UK age pension get paid to Poms , no matter where they live or what they do.?
      Generous lot them Poms.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Doesn't the UK age pension get paid to Poms , no matter where they live or what they do.?
      Generous lot them Poms.

Quite the opposite- they are miserable gits. Correct me if I'm wrong- this may have been corrected since I last paid attention but then the Pom policy was to pay the pension to those living overseas not indexed to inflation- e.g. you start on the 1983 rate of pension you're on the 1983 rate of pension for life. So you're going backwards every year
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 5:15pm
Turnbull is a hypocrite, this proves it
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 7:45pm
 2006 Canavan became an Italian citizen after mum allegedly got the whole family Italian citizenship. 

2007 dad went to prison after being caught a along with another accountant for embezzling an estimated $1.6m from Nestle. 

Coincidence, or was someone doing a runner?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 7:57pm
His explanation certainly sounds like BS.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 8:01pm
Senator Tinfoil as well?  Please God, if you really are there. 

One Nation's Malcolm Roberts under mounting pressure to prove citizenship status

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 8:11pm
I keep telling you Canberra is full of dodgy people, in the good old days it was only the odd black sheep, now it is a flock.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 8:14pm
I am opposed to dual citizenship full stop- always have been. Based mainly on my Yankee relatives who pay no Australian tax but can avail themselves of Medicare if things get bad.
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 8:23pm
If they went through the lot of them, many would be out the door id say.

this system of mp personal responsibility and honesty has worked a treat.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 8:28pm
In the past you had the odd ratbag like "ironbar" Tuckey, now it is full of shifty people who dodge responsibility as an automatic reaction.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

I am opposed to dual citizenship full stop- always have been. Based mainly on my Yankee relatives who pay no Australian tax but can avail themselves of Medicare if things get bad.

Smart rellies dumb Australian governments........past and present and both parties
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 9:23pm
For a while thought the Red Terror was the most inappropriate politician in Australia.But after the un-argued and unpopular decentralisation move of APVMA to his own electorate, then Canavan and lastly Murray Darling, Barnaby Joyce must surely now wear the undisputed Crown.  Dead
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 9:39pm
Barney is a grub
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 10:54pm
And the others arnt ??  Ermm
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 11:25pm
Who is Barney ? Mr Rubble ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 9:58am
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

And the others arnt ??  Ermm

A lot of them are but Barney is top of the heap
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 2:52pm
Canavan asked if his father’s fraud conviction had anything to do with Mum’s actions: “I am not going to go into the personal details"

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 3:00pm
Dodge, duck, swerve, weave......the guiding principles for politicians today.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 3:08pm
If the Italians can produce his application, and it is unsigned, it appears a significant "clerical error".
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2017 at 3:14pm
SENATOR Matt Canavan has been listed on the Registry of Italians Residing Abroad and Italian voting forms were automatically sent to him at his mother’s address for the past 10 years.

But the rising LNP star, who resigned from Cabinet on Tuesday due to the dual citizenship scandal, yesterday reiterated he has never received or even viewed a ballot.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/matt-canavan-listed-on-registry-of-italians-residing-abroad/news-story/7bedeaefd01ae599b04074e9b02ebe24

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 25>