Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

How dumb are these Greens?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 25>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 8:25pm

Senators and Members, by Place of Birth, 45th Parliament

Overseas

Belgium (1)

Sen Hon Mathias Hubert Paul Cormann

Canada (1)

Sen Larissa Joy Waters

Egypt (1)

Ms Anne Aly

Germany (1)

Sen Hon Eric Abetz

Greece (1)

Ms Maria Vamvakinou

Iran (1)

Sen Sam Dastyari

India (1)

Sen Malcolm Ieuan Roberts

Italy (1)

Mr Antonio (Tony) Zappia

Malaysia (1)

Sen Hon Penny Ying-Yen Wong

New Zealand (2)

Sen Derryn Nigel Hinch
Sen Scott Ludlam

Nigeria (1)

Hon Sussan Penelope Ley

Singapore (2)

Mr Ian Reginald Goodenough
Sen Peter Stuart Whish-Wilson

United Kingdom (10)

Hon Anthony John Abbott
Sen Hon Douglas Niven Cameron
Hon Paul William Fletcher
Sen Alexander McEachian Gallacher
Sen Nicholas (Nick) James McKim
Mr Brian Keith Mitchell
Hon Brendan Patrick O'Connor
Sen Hon Nigel Gregory Scullion
Mr Joshua (Josh) Hamilton Wilson
Ms Rebekha Che Sharkie

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 8:36pm
and ?
Refer ALP Election Promises
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 8:44pm
That is all of them  Thumbs Up
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 8:46pm
And ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 8:49pm
If there are any more politicians that could have a problem, they will come from that list.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

If there are any more politicians that could have a problem, they will come from that list.
OK...however to date it is only two dumbo Greens that have been fraudulent !
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 8:57pm
I wonder whether some public servants have failed to administer the law here, since when do govt departments take your word as gospel !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 9:00pm
So far. Ludlam might have a problem, but I doubt Waters will. Her case shows how easy it is to fall foul of that regulation. Hopefully it will be tightened up. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 9:03pm
Ludlam was apparently written to about 3 years ago for documentation to confirm his staus. He ignored it. 
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 9:08pm
He can take his 1.5 mill, and only a computer to show for it, and run; back to NZ i assume! Well, he made his money! at our expense! woohooLOL
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Few of Pauline's mob would possess birth certificates.

LOLLOLLOLClapClapClap
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 10:22pm

So far. Ludlam might have a problem, but I doubt Waters will. Her case shows how easy it is to fall foul of that regulation. Hopefully it will be tightened up. 

her case seems so ridiculous that she had to resign...1 week technicality...

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 2:00am
Piss them off, record a conviction for fraud, fine them, and stamp their papers never to represent again.

They were both previously challenged and put on notice publicly about their fraud, and both chose to run the gauntlet.

Game over, you lose Thumbs Down.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 7:29am
It is rumoured there are a number of others from all over the spectrum that may have problems with dual citizenship. It is up to Bookshelves Brandis to determine what happens to ''offenders'', so I would think with the govt having a one seat majority, it will depend on whether there are any lower house Liberals as to the punishment. Maybe like the travel rorts they will just do nothing or give people the opportunity to update their details.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 11:15am
Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

No excuses for anyone with dual citizenship. you dont 'guess' you arent...you go and find out from the relevant authorities and make sure you damn well arent.

see ya later...

Yes, this is a critical and serious issue and people deserve to be sacked. We can't have New Zealand and Canada spies working in our parliament.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 11:17am
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

her case seems so ridiculous that she had to resign...1 week technicality...

Yep, so absurd. It's only because they are Greens that the usual suspects want them to resign and be charged with fraud.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 11:20am
There is a sitting National Party govt minister who is in trouble under the same section 44 of the Act but not citizenship. It is the same clause that forced Bob Day out of his Senate seat. 
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 11:55am
You cannot nominate for the Senate or the House of Representatives if you are

*  disqualified by section 44 of the Constitution

That advice is at the top of the list on the Electoral Commission's nomination guide for candidates, followed by detailed instructions to read the electoral backgrounder on constitutional disqualifications.

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 8:12pm
At least the Greens did not blame Mum.

reductio ad absurdum
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 8:52pm
Maybe understated but spot on.  Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 10:21pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 10:40pm
You can become a citizen of a foreign country, without even knowing it ? Sounds like krap to me !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 10:20am
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

You can become a citizen of a foreign country, without even knowing it ? Sounds like krap to me !

Easier than you might think. My sister is going through the process for her and her 2 adult kids. A year into the process and neither kid has had any involvement in the process My sister has done everything, and is just awaiting final approval now. Getting a passport will be different as you have to attend interviews yourself but getting citizenship not so
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 10:50am

Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

Easier than you might think. My sister is going through the process for her and her 2 adult kids. A year into the process and neither kid has had any involvement in the process My sister has done everything, and is just awaiting final approval now. Getting a passport will be different as you have to attend interviews yourself but getting citizenship not so

But the kids know this is happening I presume?LOL 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 11:16am
The point is they dont need to, so it is plausible My nephew didn't know till about 6 months into the process They weren't going to tell him. He was doing a lot of traveling and there was an opportunity to get a UE passport, through a citizenship, which they intended surprising him with
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 11:26am

The point is they dont need to, so it is plausible My nephew didn't know till about 6 months into the process They weren't going to tell him. He was doing a lot of traveling and there was an opportunity to get a UE passport, through a citizenship, which they intended surprising him with

Plausible that a mother would obtain citizenship of another country for their adult child without ever telling them? Plausible that they would neglect to tell them when they became aware that they intended to run for parliament? 

That sounds insanely implausible to me. It could only occur with a collective, family madness.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 11:56am
Came across an interesting article trying to find out if Canavan's father was alive. Bryan Canavan is the name of his father. Worked for Nestle at one time.Wink

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 12:10pm
So the story which we have concocted after consultation with our lawyers is that Mum obtained Italian citizenship for all 4 of us kids, without any of us ever being aware of it, before or after. And there rests my defence, Your Honours. I plead insanity- Mama is crazy.
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 3:41pm
emma alberici had it confirmed from the italian embassy in sydney that canavan is full of sh*t.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 3:47pm
I'm afraid I might wake up one morning and find I'm a citizen of the DPRK.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 25>