Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

How dumb are these Greens?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 25>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How dumb are these Greens?
    Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 4:29pm
Senate candidate application form

1 Are you a citizen of any other country but Australia?
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 4:33pm
How did he answer ?
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

How did he answer ?

There is another one gone down today- Waters.LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 4:40pm
They must be open to prosecution ? False declaration ?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 4:48pm
They should check Sarah Hanson Young .    Would have to be from Pluto.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 4:48pm
But it's not only the senators themselves that are dimwits- why doesn't someone in the Parliament bureaucracy check these things? The Parliament could be full of double agents for all they know.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 4:51pm
You have to produce birth certificates for many purposes, not sure why they don't impose that requirement.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 5:00pm
Sounds ambiguous. 

Are you a citizen of any other country?

Is that exclusively or as well as Australia?
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 5:02pm
Duddon, hubris personified following announcement of his coming appointment as Minister for the new SuperDooper Department, is already moving to deport the vile pretenders.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 5:04pm
I think the question covers all contingencies, other than sole Australian citizenship.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 5:09pm
The constitution disqualifies potential candidates from election if they hold dual or plural citizenship

The former Queensland senator was tearful when she apologised to her constituents for her oversight.

In a statement, Ms Waters said she had not visited Canada since leaving as a baby and believed she had naturalised to Australia.

She sought legal advice after Mr Ludlam's resignation and said she was shocked and saddened by the result.

"I was devastated to learn that because of 70-year-old Canadian laws I had been a dual citizen from birth, and that Canadian law changed a week after I was born and required me to have actively renounced Canadian citizenship," she said.

"It is with a heavy heart that I am forced to resign as senator for Queensland and co-deputy leader of the Australian Greens, effective today.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

The constitution disqualifies potential candidates from election if they hold dual or plural citizenship

The former Queensland senator was tearful when she apologised to her constituents for her oversight.

In a statement, Ms Waters said she had not visited Canada since leaving as a baby and believed she had naturalised to Australia.

She sought legal advice after Mr Ludlam's resignation and said she was shocked and saddened by the result.

"I was devastated to learn that because of 70-year-old Canadian laws I had been a dual citizen from birth, and that Canadian law changed a week after I was born and required me to have actively renounced Canadian citizenship," she said.

"It is with a heavy heart that I am forced to resign as senator for Queensland and co-deputy leader of the Australian Greens, effective today.

Show us your tits!Tongue
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 5:12pm

I think the question covers all contingencies, other than sole Australian citizenship.

That's question 2- are you an Australian citizen?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 5:15pm
If the answer to question two is "no" and you answered (1) with "no", you are a stateless person. Or a bloody liar !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 5:17pm
Wasn't Hinch a Kiwi ? They'll empty the place !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 5:22pm
Did Tones get that British dual citizenship thing sorted or did ''bookshelves'' bodgie it up for him?
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 5:26pm

Wasn't Hinch a Kiwi ? They'll empty the place !

was Confused
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 5:39pm
If Hinch still has NZ citizenship, he is gone ?
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 5:45pm
No excuses for anyone with dual citizenship. you dont 'guess' you arent...you go and find out from the relevant authorities and make sure you damn well arent.

see ya later...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 6:00pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 6:11pm

Hinch ain't a halfwit.Wink
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 6:13pm
The Greens are proving what we already knew - they are UnAustralian.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Hinch ain't a halfwit.Wink 

There's a ready reply for that one, but Gay wouldn't approve.  Embarrassed
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 6:19pm
Waters was born in Winnipeg, Canada, and grew up in Brisbane.[1]

She has a Bachelor of Science and a Bachelor of Laws from Griffith University and a Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the New South Wales College of Law. From 2000–2001 she was a Legal Researcher at the Queensland Land and Resources Tribunal (predecessor of the Land Court of Queensland), from 2001–2002 a Lawyer at Freehills, and from 2002–2011 was a Lawyer with the Environmental Defenders Office.[

Legal researcher- couldn't legal research her way out of a brown paper bag.Wink

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 6:21pm
All confusing..     My local Pub in Qld told me in 2009 I had to be here 5 years before I was allowed to wear maroon .
   In 2019 I'll be a Queenslander.

Such a Shxt place at best Qld , so would take forever to get NSW /Vic citizenship.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 6:24pm
Imagine to uproar if it had been one of Pauline's party. The Greens would be after her/their blood.

So............Pauline you better go check out all of your senator's birth certificates. Because you can bet there is someone else out there doing the very same thing.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 6:28pm
Few of Pauline's mob would possess birth certificates.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 6:30pm

no, do some basic research Ouch
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Did Tones get that British dual citizenship thing sorted or did ''bookshelves'' bodgie it up for him?

All sorted PT. He posted a letter from a few years ago in which the Brits confirmed he had renounced his British citizenship prior to standing for Parliament.

Tony AbbottVerified account @TonyAbbottMHR Jul 14

FYI rumour mongers: I renounced my UK citizenship in 1993 and here's the proof:

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 6:34pm
Methinks the Senators should have done their research, Mr Whale.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 25>