Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Calculated

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 11:34am
Congrats Djebel and others. I've just caught up with replay and can't believe there was no protest. 

I know that Catesby caused the 1st interference on Godolphin horse but Godolphin horse was more than a length in front of Calculated who over-reacted and bumped Brave Song. 

Glad most of you had a win and feel a bit for Scamanda who i think backed runner up.
Prejudice is an emotional attachment to ignorance.
DiEM25 for the world.
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 12:20pm
Nah. Minor bump which made little if any difference to Brave Spring's momentum. Had 200m to get past but couldn't. Head on (late in the replay) showed why Bowman pulled him off. Calculated was reacting to the reins/bit.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 12:29pm
I must admit I am surprised there was not at least a shot at the stumps.

reductio ad absurdum
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 1:24pm
Minor bump 3bm! 

I've seen protests lodged and upheld for a lot less. Including no bump but intimidation.Considering Brave Song was 3/4 length behind at the bump at the 250m mark and was then a length behind at the 200m mark and to then finish 0.2 behind at the end makes me believe that a protest should have been fired in and that if jockey/trainer didn't then the stewards should have.
DiEM25 for the world.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 1:57pm
I understand what you're saying kavg but obviously the jockey and connections thought the runner up had her chance over the last furlong. The horses were neck and neck when the shift occurred, Calculated sprinted that bit better but to her credit Brave Song just kept coming. It was a very good run, just not good enough on the day.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 2:21pm
I think Snowden took in to consideration that others were involved in the interference.
Someone like Craig Williams would have protested.

The winner too good on the day.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 3:02pm
Read the stewards report. They watched the replay with the stewards, and both agreed the interference was caused by another horse and there was a chain reaction. Both agreed no grounds for objection.
Sunline...simply supreme
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 3:03pm
If I had backed the winner I would have been very worried and then extremely relieved. 
If I backed the runner-up I would have been fairly confident and then very frustrated.

I understand what you are both saying but if you have a look at the front on, Calculated (and/or Bowman) over-reacts. He doesn't cop a bump, he is only intimidated and goes out 2 horses interfering with Brave Song. Brave Song lost at least 0.25 and probably 0.5 length plain and simple.

Watching it again I am pretty certain that Bowman anticipates the problem ahead of him and pulls the rein to shift out, consequently impeding Brave Song. It is not the fault of the other interference or even Calculated's inexperience and further reason for a protest to be lodged by jockey or steward. As much as I love Bowman he probably should have copped a suspension.
DiEM25 for the world.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 3:11pm
Last sentence is ott kavg. Bowman saw what was happening inside him so took evasive action. Pure speculation but had he just continued on he may have galloped on Catesby's hindquarters. Ironically it looked like Avdulla on the other Waller entry caused the side shuffle.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 3:14pm
Stewards:
Brave Song – the declaration of correct weight was delayed to enable App N Heywood and co-trainer Mr P Snowden to view the patrol films of the home straight in relation to Brave Song (placed second) to ascertain whether or not there were grounds for an objection. It was established that shortly after straightening, Blazeray (B Avdulla), which had been held up, endeavoured to shift out around the heels of League Of Nations and in so doing, made contact with Catesby, resulting in Catesby being taken wider and impeding Calculated. Calculated then shifted out and hampered Brave Song. When App Heywood and Mr P Snowden were satisfied there were no grounds for an objection, and the Stewards were of a similar view, correct weight was declared. At a subsequently inquiry, B Avdulla was reprimanded. On jumping, Brave Song was crowded between Choice Harvest, which was hampered and carried out by Blazeray which began awkwardly and shifted out
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 3:31pm
I sincerely hope this hype does not backfire
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 3:54pm
Ha ha.  Yes the amount of discussion is well beyond the performance. I'm certainly not getting carried away despite Hughie's comments. He scrambled home in a midweeker at Canterbury over what was probably an unsuitable distance. Upside looks good though and not much doubt we need a big boost in our male 3yo ranks. Hopefully the next few months will see some exciting young horses emerge.
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 4:05pm
I leave it with having seen protests lodged and upheld for a lot less interference.

Agree with over-hyping. Whilst they have improvement within them they have a long way to go before being a match for Royal Symphony or Godolphin's Special K.
DiEM25 for the world.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by kavg kavg wrote:

I leave it with having seen protests lodged and upheld for a lot less interference.

Agree with over-hyping. Whilst they have improvement within them they have a long way to go before being a match for Royal Symphony or Godolphin's Special K.

Whoo is Special K ? 
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 5:36pm
Can't tell you until we get on djebel.  Actually I haven't got a clue who he's referring to.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Originally posted by kavg kavg wrote:

Whoo is Special K ? 

Kementari , the fav for the Golden Rose.

I started with nothing and still have most of it left
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 6:08pm
Too good Scamanda...
DiEM25 for the world.
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 6:09pm
And I'm pretty sure they won't geld this one Djebel...
DiEM25 for the world.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 6:26pm
Thumbs Up

Both colts could prove better than Calculated and I will still be right with my original spruik Smile They are both very smart exciting prospects.

Some really good non black type performed rising 3yos seen so far. 

reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 6:32pm
reductio ad absurdum
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 8:15pm
My opinion only, he looks very foalish to my eye. April derby horse all going well.
Gee Gee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee Gee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 12:49pm
He's a handsome colt. Certainly has dad's looks!
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 1:04pm
I agree with you both lovely to look at but such a big baby.  He has a long way to go if he can perform to his pedigree.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 12:57pm
Looking for excuses already but I do not like them backing him up so soon Thumbs Down #Typical

Race 1 - 11:30AM #THERACES HANDICAP (1400 METRES)Times displayed in local time of Race Meeting
Of $100,000.1st $54,000, 2nd $19,000, 3rd $9,000, 4th $4,500, 5th $2,500, 6th $2,000, 7th $2,000, 8th $2,000, 9th $2,000, 10th $2,000, Equine Welfare Fund $1,000. 
Starter Subsidy $200. 
Handicap, Minimum Weight 53kg, Two-Years-Old, Apprentices can claim.
BOBS Bonus available: $20,000

Track Type: Turf 

Field Limit: 13 + 4 EM

NoLast 10HorseTrainerJockeyBarrierWeightPenaltyHcp Rating
1167xCOLESBERGBOBS Bonus SchemeDavid PayneGlyn Schofield558kg
26x1CALCULATEDBOBS Bonus SchemeChris WallerHugh Bowman156kg
332CONDORBOBS Bonus SchemePaul PerryCorey Brown856kg
41SIEGE OF QUEBECBOBS Bonus SchemeGai Waterhouse & Adrian BottTommy Berry455.5kg
53ALMIGHTYBOBS Bonus SchemePeter & Paul Snowden755kg
643STONEBOBS Bonus SchemeJames CummingsJason Collett654.5kg
76x41TENNESSEE TANGOBOBS Bonus SchemeJohn P ThompsonTim Clark354kg
805WINNER’S LANEBOBS Bonus SchemePaul Perry253kg
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 1:10pm
Condor and Tenessee Tango will be good tests for him.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 1:12pm
I am thinking the gelding. 

It is quite a strong race.

reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 1:19pm
Doubt Colesburg can give him weight and fitness myself.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 2:28pm
If he can't win this then they forget about the Cox Plate
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 2:28pm
Can forget*
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 2:37pm
I'm sure that's tongue in cheek MK but in case someone comes in late no-one's talking Cox Plates.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>