Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Calculated

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 12:35pm
They'll try to screw us like they normally do, djebel. Will makeup the ground they lost on us getting on before the plunge.
Sunline...simply supreme
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Waller scratched the second fav, hence the new market . Price is now silly imo. Bowman gave Calculated a bit of a wrap on radio this morning but suggested his best today is the Lees filly in R3

Calculated was 2.35 last night before scratchings.

Deductions will be interesting

Was he really? Was $2.90 across the board when I last looked early evening which I thought was already short enough but apparently punters were still keen. 
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 2:55pm
I'd rather have the second pony on that run.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 3:02pm
Boy he's a beauty but he has no idea what he has to do and yes the second horse was a lovely run.  He seemed more like a racehorse.  Calculated was in out and hard to wind up so I guess the win was pretty good the other horse had momentum coming down the outside and this one just wouldn't go straight.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 3:05pm
Will love a mile plus and some experience. Great that he got the job done for us all the same.
Sunline...simply supreme
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 3:24pm
If that was April 1 hope it keeps repeating for the rest of the year. TAB wouldn't be happy. Not only was Calculated heavily backed but runner up was backed for the place solidly.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 3:37pm
Well done guys. 
No deductions win or place odds. Too good to be true.

I thought there might have been a protest for interference at the top of the straight but not to be.
Yes, because I was on Brave Song. $4.40 the place is acceptable though.
A little dirty I didn't plonk on the quinella. $11.60.

Good win in the end though. Very green still so will benefit plenty from the run. He'll need to.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 3:58pm
Unlucky to run into this bloke Scamanda. Generous bookie if you didn't get hit with deductions. 7%  for me but I'm not complaining.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 4:14pm
From SportsBet.

Results

Win or PlaceSPTFTT+/PLNSW/PLUNI/PLSTAB/PL
1. 8 Calculated1.701.802.10/1.201.70/1.201.60/1.002.10/1.20
2. 4 Brave Song17.003.702.903.403.70
3. 10 Catesby81.0010.507.5010.509.10
4. 3 Blazeray9.50
Minimized race results
ExoticsQuinellaExactaTrifectaFirst Four
Results(4,8)(8,4)(8,4,10)(8,4,10,3)
Tote11.6017.90365.601872.50
Fixed Odds (At Jump)0.000.000.00
Scratchings
7 Sparky Lad
Deductions
SelectionPrice TypeDeductionPlace DeductionDate Limits
Sparky LadFixed$0.00$0.00Bets placed before 2017-07-05 07:55:13
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 4:28pm
Yes saw that. TAB didn't deduct from place according to the website. I'd be gobsmacked if PaddyPower SB didn't hit early bets. They're leaders in deductions from my observation. Mind you I think they went up at bottom odds anyway so perhaps they didn't take a big hit? 
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 4:36pm
Yep SportsBet were always behind the others early.
$3.60 compared to the $4 and $4.40 you posted on the 3rd.
Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 5:15pm
great find - well done!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 5:25pm
Hope Xavier had a soft landing LOL
AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 5:28pm
Well done on the win Djebel 

But seriously when I heard Bowmen say he could find himself in a race like the Coxplate down the track 

I think thats getting a little bit carried away 

Djebel and Bowmen sound like they hang out together maybe LOL

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 5:35pm
Not this year he said. Bit of banter about his sire, grain of salt stuff, but he did suggest Calculated had a bit of quality about him going forward.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 6:10pm
This might interest you Djebel.

http://www.racingnsw.com.au/article-display/Bowman-Predicts-Big-Future-For-Plunge-Colt/23240

The Chris Waller-trained Calculated earned very high praise from champion jockey Hugh Bowman after breaking his maiden at Canterbury in the TAB Handicap (1200m).

The So You Think two-year-old, soon to be three, was backed into $1.65 with TAB Fixed Odds after opening $2.70 on Wednesday morning and from $4.40 bet in the first market on Monday afternoon.

“He didn’t settle too well for me midrace and I thought that might happen because he wanted to get on with it in his second trial. He has got to learn to relax in the middle stages. When he does, and he will, he is going to have a very bright future,” Bowman said.

“I think he is a miler but he is still immature and it was only his second start today. When that nervous energy leaves him, because he is a very sensible horse and not hard to handle, he has certainly got what it takes.

“His father won the Cox Plate as a three-year-old as we all know and although I wouldn’t imagine he’d be winning this year’s Cox Plate, it wouldn’t surprise me if he gets there in the future.”

It wasn’t an easy watch for punters who took the short quote with Calculated warming to the task to reel in the leaders before holding off a late charge from the second-placed Brave Song, who produced an exceptional debut for Team Snowden.

“He only won by a small margin but I think it will be a good form race,” Waller said, “He is all quality and he still hasn’t learnt what it is all about yet.”

“Being a short-priced favourite we had to bustle him a little bit but I think when you give him the chance to be a horse he’ll settle down and go to the next level.

“You take a lot of confidence out of the sire he is by in So You Think. You’d be thinking a mile would be easy for him. The So You Thinks are really good stock they just need time and that’s what they’ll get.

“His eyes are poking out of his head but he has got the brain to cope with it.”

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 6:48pm
Heard the eyes poking out of his head bit from CW straight after the race, presumed he'd had a tough run but on reflection it's pretty obvious what he meant. Odd turn of phrase - unless it's a kiwi thing?

Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 8:02pm
Just that everything was a big deal for the horse and the whole occasion has his eyes popping out of his head. He's very green, I think Waller has a good point there. Interesting Waller said that may have been the case, but he has the brain to cope with all the stimulation. Suggests he has shown them his intelligence at home, and you often hear how the really good ones are intelligent.
Sunline...simply supreme
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 8:12pm
Pretty much spot on Sunline, some take it in their stride, some others over awed, any PA system at the trials? if not this may have perked him up along with a smack around the bum, until today he may have thought this was all a joke.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 8:28pm
I missed the mounting yard, presume he was taking it all in, but Lizzie reckoned he took it all in his stride like an old hand. Seemed very relaxed behind the barrier. Main thing is he's taken his first step. A very long road ahead if he's going to challenge the better horses.
Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

Just that everything was a big deal for the horse and the whole occasion has his eyes popping out of his head. He's very green, I think Waller has a good point there. Interesting Waller said that may have been the case, but he has the brain to cope with all the stimulation. Suggests he has shown them his intelligence at home, and you often hear how the really good ones are intelligent.

Will be much more settled when they geld him & bring him back next prep.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 8:58pm
Don't dare say the G word, djebel will be ropeable
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 10:38pm
Definitely looks like he could benefit from being gelded.

Don't worry, Djebel, I'm joking.

Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 10:58pm
No bloody why, no should ever be gelded. Ever
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 11:02pm
That's his tail.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by scamanda scamanda wrote:

Well done guys. 
No deductions win or place odds. Too good to be true.

I thought there might have been a protest for interference at the top of the straight but not to be.
Yes, because I was on Brave Song. $4.40 the place is acceptable though.
A little dirty I didn't plonk on the quinella. $11.60.

Good win in the end though. Very green still so will benefit plenty from the run. He'll need to.

Just have to say Scamanda I had my first bet in a while today on Brave Song. Win only. Purely because a) you liked it and you're a freakish judge of 2/3 year olds and b) I thought Waller would have bigger fish to fry with his good one.
Luckily I followed it up with a win bet on Sasso Corbaro, thinking Soothing was hyped.

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 1:00am
Sor Gov and Speediskey, I will talk to you outside. 
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 1:01am
Sir Evil Smile
reductio ad absurdum
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 1:12am
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Sor Gov and Speediskey, I will talk to you outside. 

Had a bit a syrup have we.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 10:59am
reductio ad absurdum
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>