Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Roman Son

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 10:41am
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

It appears Raqeeq is running. Well that changes everything for me. I find it hard to split them.

I really like Roman Son as a racehorse. Love the fact that he was bred by Bart Cummings too - by his Derby winner Roman Emperor out of Miss Meliss (who was a Melb Cup runner for him).

But I’m scared of both the Waller runners - Raqeeq & Mornington.

1st up at 1800m last prep, Mornington was 3rd to Carzoff. CJW imports seem to do really well at their 2nd Aussie preps.
correctweight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote correctweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 3:24pm
Miss Meliss shows how weak the Melbourne Cup used to be and how far it has come.

She got into the Melbourne Cup as a class 1 winner and ran second in the SAAB.
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 3:38pm
Really surprising to see Waller backing up Raqeeq. There's been strong money today for this horse too. He's a worry but l have to back my judgment. When Raqeeq won that other day, l thought to myself - Roman Son would of pissed in. The one obvious thing in Raqeeq's favour is the fitness edge. He must have come through the win well if we're seeing him again after just 5 days.

Only one race has been run but it doesn't appear to be any bias with that rail out.

Who knows what the tactics will be. Just give it a chance Kerrin.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 5:33pm
Wow what a win!

Backed both in the end so a good result.

This horse is a seriously progressive stayer.
Sunline...simply supreme
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 5:35pm
What a nice horse.

Heart in mouth when the favourite was keeping us in we just had too much on it.

Can't win any better than that. Looking forward to seeing what level he can get to. One of the most promising horses going around l feel.
robbo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 5:35pm
Superb win. The turn of foot when he saw daylight was outstanding. Clearly a Brissie carnival horse. I see that he is still in the Queen Elizabeth?
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 5:43pm
Onya fellas good to see, I would like to see that one in the bush start right from scratch and be given a distance prep. oodles and oodles of ability but it keeps getting a sprint prep. Roman Typhoon.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 5:43pm
Thanks guys for your convo on the thread today - got me interested and the Bart breeding, and decided to have some on the win and trust your judgement.
(Also put on a flukey quaddie for fun with it and marble one out and only a couple in each of the middle legs)
That was some win!! Thanks again for the heads up!
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 5:57pm
Good luck with the quaddie stayer. I'm starting to really like Marble as well. I haven't done the form on the whole race but l'm pretty confident it's got Sophiella covered.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 6:01pm

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 7:05pm
Come on marble!
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 7:14pm
Boom stayer!
Sunline...simply supreme
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 7:17pm
Thanks to you and the others on the thread! Wish I could buy you a drink!
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 7:22pm
RNSW commentary said the bookies biggest loss all day was Roman Son.

TBV big hitters get the cash?
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote correctweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by scamanda scamanda wrote:

Did you have a go scamada?
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by correctweight correctweight wrote:

Originally posted by scamanda scamanda wrote:

Did you have a go scamada?

No sadly, just the big hitters here I'd say.

I started with nothing and still have most of it left
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 10:08pm
Hopefully we're all on board again this weekend.
Sunline...simply supreme
robbo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 10:20pm
What'd you make of the barrier trial? Hopefully Sambro runs well in the Guineas to provide some confidence.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 1:04am
Don't be concerned with the trial. He's not a sharp horse.

He was asked to put himself there and finish off like a 1200m sprinter, and he's in the middle of a prep where he's at a fitness level to support a 2100m performance. He just isn't going to be sharp enough to win a trial like that under a hold.
Sunline...simply supreme
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 5:55pm
The $1.90 doesn't appeal to me. Were they betting alot better?

I don't know why but l've always been sceptical about betting at Hawkesbury. Maybe l've just had too many losing bets there but there's something about that track l don't like. They seem to plod a bit there.

Look, the horse should be winning again but l don't think l'll be getting involved at that price. I might just play around with a quaddie.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 6:09pm
Opened $2.6, managed to get that, but I think there is a small deduction there to come. Has had strong support, even this morning.
Sunline...simply supreme
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 7:15pm

Opened $2.6, managed to get that, but I think there is a small deduction there to come. Has had strong support, even this morning.

Certainly looks the pea..    Waller has a few in there to test Roman's strengths.
Should be in the black side of betting.( hopefully )
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote correctweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 1:17am
Its the camera angle. Horses come off the bit around thr turn and tend to pick up too.

In saying that I am on at 2.05 and this horse will s.h.i.t in.
Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 3:27pm
I'm not wrapped in the odds on, I'd rather lay than bet at the price.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 3:33pm
Unders or not, I wouldn't advise laying a very good horse who looks a class above. You're just laying a silly price as opposed to something you genuinely think gets beat by multiple runners.
Sunline...simply supreme
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 3:49pm

Unders or not, I wouldn't advise laying a very good horse who looks a class above. You're just laying a silly price as opposed to something you genuinely think gets beat by multiple runners.

As soon as I opened my big mouth Siren Fury run a smart time,   Stonebrook went mad out front .    Does appear their getting out in the straight ..     The wide barrier is probably better than inside as I see them getting off the rail in the straight at least.   We can just hope.     or
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 6:22pm
I'm alive in the quaddie with this big boy as my one out selection.

Hopefully he can rescue me one more time.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 6:30pm
You must have been nuts to take Pecan in the 1st leg. Wacko  Big smile
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 6:36pm
Why would that be? Have you seen it's form? Won the Belle of the Turf at Gosford last prep. And in doing so beat a horse called Sedanzer who ran in the race today at $4.

Pecans also goes well fresh.

I know it was a very hard race but it had to be included. It knows how to win.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 6:39pm
SC was being a smarty .. nuts - pecans
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>