Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Moss 'N' Dale

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moss 'N' Dale
    Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 11:21am
Looks very well placed to win on the heavy 8 today. Only query would be he isn't yet a winner past 1400m, but he has performed well at 1500m and 1600m, so you'd think it isn't going to stop him.

Looks obvious, I'm on, and looks best of the day along with Carzoff later in the day.
Sunline...simply supreme
Manny G View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manny G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 11:48am
2 starts at 1500m for a 1st & 3rd so lord give him strength
Keep serving up the overs please
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 12:26pm
I don't know how I got that confused. Well he's a bloody lock then.

Good luck.
Sunline...simply supreme
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 1:18pm
Disappointing at Echuca IMO
Once bitten, twice shy
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 1:31pm
No way. Look what the one who beat him went out and did next start.
Sunline...simply supreme
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

No way. Look what the one who beat him went out and did next start.

Yes I know it won again. The real MND would of flogged it at Echuca
So much travelling and a few runs on bottomless tracks, I'll be leaving him out of quaddies
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 1:45pm
I'm with you Sunline.
Back onto a Heavy and a winner of 7 of his 14 races so knows how to win.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 1:45pm
Talented horse but won't be taking the shorts.
Good luck to those backing him
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 3:50pm
Ouch
SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 10:03pm
Did Martin see bowman coming ?
" In gambling the many must lose in order for the few to win"
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 10:24pm
No he didn't. Then when he did he panicked.
Sunline...simply supreme
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 10:44pm
Quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard:

"The last 50m, probably being third up, he didn't have that freshness to sprint away from them," Moss 'n' Dale's jockey, apprentice Jack Martin said.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

Quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard:

"The last 50m, probably being third up, he didn't have that freshness to sprint away from them," Moss 'n' Dale's jockey, apprentice Jack Martin said.

LOL
Black Prince 2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Prince 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 10:59am
Looked home , every possible chance . Glad I didn't take the shorts but just goes to showed how hard it is to string multiple wins together .

Side note , if the jock had of done the Willow next stretch probably wins , but they don't pay on probables , yibbee da yibbee da
Manny G View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Manny G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 2:06pm
Moral of the story - punch your horse out to the line no matter what the circumstances. Would the horse have won - I think so !

That's racing !
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 3:31pm
I agree. I've watched the replay many times. He is barely flinging his arms at the reins in the last 50m, while Bowman is practically carrying his horse over the line.

Why the lack of vigour? What possesses a hoop to do this in a tight finish?
Sunline...simply supreme
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 3:41pm
Just not good enough on the day , thought the ride was alright. He was doing everything he could
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Prince 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 5:06pm

I agree. I've watched the replay many times. He is barely flinging his arms at the reins in the last 50m, while Bowman is practically carrying his horse over the line.

Agree 100% It was bizzare but did the horse just peak on his run ? Don't know just asking . Oh well
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 5:06pm

Inexperience to my way of thinking, racing is so competitive today you need a lot of things to go your way if travelling interstate and with bowman riding with the eye of the tiger the young man in hindsight will benefit from the experience imo.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Prince 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by Magnolian Khan Magnolian Khan wrote:

Just not good enough on the day , thought the ride was alright. He was doing everything he could

The horse had every almost every possible BUT there was no urgency from the jock in the last 50m , instead of fighting to the line he was looking up at the screen ??? And I didn't even bet on the race . It truly is a game of inches . Tough game
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by Black Prince 2 Black Prince 2 wrote:

Originally posted by Magnolian Khan Magnolian Khan wrote:

The horse had every almost every possible BUT there was no urgency from the jock in the last 50m , instead of fighting to the line he was looking up at the screen ??? And I didn't even bet on the race . It truly is a game of inches . Tough game

I disagree . He was pushing him out hands and heels
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Prince 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Inexperience to my way of thinking, racing is so competitive today you need a lot of things to go your way if travelling interstate and with bowman riding with the eye of the tiger the young man in hindsight will benefit from the experience imo.

True , and if the horse was panels above them in class would have won anyway , had the , perfect run , perfect track fit etc etc maybe he's just that bit better over 1400 than 1500 . Having said that got beat at 1400 when short prices favourite last time . Like I said , all the stars have to align to win a race , it ain't easy , unless you're Winx or Black Caviar
Manny G View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Manny G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 6:25pm
The horse was home for all money and the kid done his best ! The rest is opinions and unfortunately the horse got beat ! Why is the debate we all have - the stable view is the kid was distracted & also had the whip rule to contend with I see he was reprimanded for to many hits prior to the 100m ! Another reason perhaps why he lost because I think if he remained vigorous and strong the horse wins ! The stable thought he was a good thing for the record #chapter65ofthepunt
Manny G View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Manny G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 6:31pm
And take the constructive points of travelling , kid vs master , maybe better Melb way ? 10/10 ride but thought he was very soft on him last 100m and we have had the discussion and all taken on board. Give us a week to get over it and now we need to get our dough back now.

Enjoy discussing racing on this site and great feedback ! Cheers
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 6:44pm
Love the insight Manny. Thanks so much for chatting with us. Thumbs Up
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 7:15pm
Next run back in Melbourne ?
AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 7:25pm
Ride looked fine to me ........Winner to good !! Clutching at straws here 
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 7:39pm
Listen, I'm happy for people to say he got a dream run and all conditions to suit - because it's true. But don't tel me there wasn't a distinct lack of vigor from a distracted jockey in the last 50m. Because that ain't true.
Sunline...simply supreme
Manny G View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manny G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 7:58pm
Until next time good luck to everyone ! Bookies win this one
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 8:07pm
Stewards report.

Moss ā€˜Nā€™ Dale ā€“ linking up to the course proper near the 1400m blundered. Near the 50m, when under pressure, shifted out, resulting in its rider App. J Martin having to stop riding and straighten his mount.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>