Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Moss 'N' Dale

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moss 'N' Dale
    Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 10:19am
If this rain keeps coming, I think he is a big big chance.
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 6:13pm
He does love the wet though
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 6:09pm
[QUOTE=Carioca] Ooh,
( hit the wrong one)
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 6:07pm
Ooh,
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by monty1 monty1 wrote:

Did you see who the 2 strappers were? It was too funny one was Ginger Smith, father of Ben Smith who just got done for drug cheating and the other was Con Karatsanakis (google him). Not a good look.

monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 6:02pm
Did you see who the 2 strappers were? It was too funny one was Ginger Smith, father of Ben Smith who just got done for drug cheating and the other was Con Karatsanakis (google him). Not a good look.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2018 at 5:56pm
This horse is amazing
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 7:35pm
One for the good guys
mowie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by Magnolian Khan Magnolian Khan wrote:

Just won the Sale Cup, Surely he is due for a break now

hard to give them a spell when winning, keep it at the mile pete, small trainer problem to spell it or keep chasing the coin
chris Armstrong waller, *drugs are bad mkay
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 4:20pm
Just won the Sale Cup, Surely he is due for a break now
Manny G View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Manny G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 4:18pm
The winner was bloody impressive - give it some credit ! That's racing
Keep serving up the overs please
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2017 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by Nocturnal Nocturnal wrote:

Originally posted by SkyDancer SkyDancer wrote:

Might want the paddock
starting to become a muncher

Agreed. He's become a 'gunner'
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2017 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by SkyDancer SkyDancer wrote:

Might want the paddock
starting to become a muncher
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2017 at 4:43pm
Might want the paddock
SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 8:32pm
Jockey was gassed clearly. I'm sure he'll learn from that which doesn't help the pockets of those that bet up. I remember Jamie Kah used to do the same thing quite often early in her career and lost a few close finishes from lack of vigour. I personally don't think these lessons need to be learnt at our Saturday metrop racing.
" In gambling the many must lose in order for the few to win"
Manny G View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manny G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 10:16am
fair call - point taken
Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by Manny G Manny G wrote:

The horse was home for all money and the kid done his best ! The rest is opinions and unfortunately the horse got beat ! Why is the debate we all have - the stable view is the kid was distracted & also had the whip rule to contend with I see he was reprimanded for to many hits prior to the 100m ! Another reason perhaps why he lost because I think if he remained vigorous and strong the horse wins ! The stable thought he was a good thing for the record #chapter65ofthepunt
No, he really didn't.

He either gassed, lost control of the horse or was trying to be cute.

If the stable thought he was a good thing they should have booked a senior jockey, you kind of got what you deserved there. 
Aurelius View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 11:03pm
The best horse on the day Won!

Gutsy effort by the 'Little Warrior' who probably lost a length adjusting to the Sydney way of racing.

Black Prince 2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Black Prince 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by scamanda scamanda wrote:

Stewards report.

Moss ‘N’ Dale – linking up to the course proper near the 1400m blundered. Near the 50m,
when under pressure, shifted out, resulting in its rider App. J Martin having to stop riding and
straighten his mount.

Interesting
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 8:09pm
Wet for Vic still a couple of weeks off, followed by a decent drop. Should fit in perfectly for him Big smile
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 8:07pm
Stewards report.

Moss ‘N’ Dale – linking up to the course proper near the 1400m blundered. Near the 50m, when under pressure, shifted out, resulting in its rider App. J Martin having to stop riding and straighten his mount.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
Manny G View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manny G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 7:58pm
Until next time good luck to everyone ! Bookies win this one
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 7:39pm
Listen, I'm happy for people to say he got a dream run and all conditions to suit - because it's true. But don't tel me there wasn't a distinct lack of vigor from a distracted jockey in the last 50m. Because that ain't true.
Sunline...simply supreme
AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 7:25pm
Ride looked fine to me ........Winner to good !! Clutching at straws here 
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 7:15pm
Next run back in Melbourne ?
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 6:44pm
Love the insight Manny. Thanks so much for chatting with us. Thumbs Up
Manny G View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Manny G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 6:31pm
And take the constructive points of travelling , kid vs master , maybe better Melb way ? 10/10 ride but thought he was very soft on him last 100m and we have had the discussion and all taken on board. Give us a week to get over it and now we need to get our dough back now.

Enjoy discussing racing on this site and great feedback ! Cheers
Manny G View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Manny G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 6:25pm
The horse was home for all money and the kid done his best ! The rest is opinions and unfortunately the horse got beat ! Why is the debate we all have - the stable view is the kid was distracted & also had the whip rule to contend with I see he was reprimanded for to many hits prior to the 100m ! Another reason perhaps why he lost because I think if he remained vigorous and strong the horse wins ! The stable thought he was a good thing for the record #chapter65ofthepunt
Black Prince 2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Prince 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

I agree. I've watched the replay many times. He is barely flinging his arms at the reins in the last 50m, while Bowman is practically carrying his horse over the line.

Why the lack of vigour? What possesses a hoop to do this in a tight finish?

Inexperience to my way of thinking, racing is so competitive today you need a lot of things to go your way if travelling interstate and with bowman riding with the eye of the tiger the young man in hindsight will benefit from the experience imo.

True , and if the horse was panels above them in class would have won anyway , had the , perfect run , perfect track fit etc etc maybe he's just that bit better over 1400 than 1500 . Having said that got beat at 1400 when short prices favourite last time . Like I said , all the stars have to align to win a race , it ain't easy , unless you're Winx or Black Caviar
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by Black Prince 2 Black Prince 2 wrote:

Originally posted by Magnolian Khan Magnolian Khan wrote:

Just not good enough on the day , thought the ride was alright. He was doing everything he could

The horse had every almost every possible BUT there was no urgency from the jock in the last 50m , instead of fighting to the line he was looking up at the screen ??? And I didn't even bet on the race . It truly is a game of inches . Tough game

I disagree . He was pushing him out hands and heels
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>