Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Nettoyer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nettoyer
    Posted: 05 May 2021 at 4:33pm
Looks like she will be sold, but Wendy hopeful the horse will remain with her until she goes to stud.

Two-time Group One winner Nettoyer has been nominated for races during the Queensland carnival, but a winter carnival campaign is no certainty for the seven-year-old who will go under the hammer at the Inglis Chairman's Sale on Friday. 

Nettoyer was a surprise winner at $26 at her most recent outing in the Queen of the Turf Stakes during The Championships. 

Following the win, trainer Wendy Roche said the plan was to have a couple of runs in Queensland before heading to the breeding barn. 

Those plans will be dependent on the new owners, but Roche has told the The Courier Mail Nettoyer was racing well enough to contest top races in the winter carnival and was hopeful the mare would remain in her care. 

Nettoyer's first Group One win came in 2020 when she claimed the Doncaster Mile at odds of $41. 

She holds nominations for Saturday's Hollindale Stakes (1800m) along with the Doomben Cup (2000m) and The Q22 (2200m). 

Nettoyer isn't the only quality mare whose Brisbane winter carnival plans will be decided at the sale. 

Sweet Deal, who took out last Saturday's G3 Hawkesbury Gold Crown, is also in the catalogue. 

The six-year-old has won 11 races from 42 starts, with just under $1.5 million in prizemoney. 
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 12:08pm
What an odd comment.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 9:23am
I really want to hate this mare because she is harder to catch than a butterfly on speed but it is always nice to see a trainer from lower down the food chain grabbing a winner in a big race.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 8:38pm
https://www.racing.com/news/2021-04-17/news-interstate-review-nettoyer-back-to-best-over-randwick-mile#/

Wendy Roche's stable star Nettoyer has again provided a blowout result over the Randwick mile as she claimed her second Group 1 over the course and distance in the $1 million Moet & Chandon Queen of the Turf Stakes (1600m) on Saturday.

Sent out a $26 chance after finishing ninth in the Doncaster, the seven-year-old mare rolled the short-priced favourite Probabeel and in doing so extended her racing career, after recently being entered in the upcoming Inglis Chairman's Sale on May 7.

"She won't be sold now," Roche revealed.

"I've got to ring up Godolphin to see if she can go to Exceed And Excel.

"She will probably go to the Hollandale and then the BTC Cup and then off to Exceed And Excel."

As racegoers have come to expect, the post-race interviews with her Warwick Farm-based trainer are as as exciting as her mare's barnstorming racing style.

"I think the pizza's on order and she's already got pink champagne because we thought she would go close," Roche said of her horse's now famous diet.

"I told three people if she wins, after the swab she will go to the bar and I said she will probably outdrink everyone.

"I'll tell you what, she costs a lot in champagne and pizza." 

Roche's week wasn't without its dramas, having had to pay aa $22,000 late entry fee into the race and then chase a rider.

"I rang a few people and they didn't answer the phone," Roche explained.

"Then I rang Tommy's mum and she gave me the number and then I got John (Tommy's father) to ring Tommy because I thought he would have a lot more pull than me, and he did.

"Tommy's manager rang back the next day and said yes, but you're not in the race.

"So I rang Greg White and his wife Jodie and they paid the late nom ($22,000), so I can pay them back now."

Berry rode a patient race on the daughter of Sebring, who cost just $20,000 as a yearling and has now amassed more than $3m in prizemoney after sweeping down the outside to win in the final bounds.

"She missed the kick by three (in the Doncaster), she was 20 lengths off them and you can't do that in a Group 1 against the world's best horses and she only got beat 4.3 lengths," said Roche.

"She always backs up super, she honestly does, and is just a different horse, she is more relaxed and not as naughty but still quite quirky."

While Berry has ridden the mare in two trials, it was his first sit aboard her under race conditions and provided him his second win in the Queen of the Turf after winning aboard Diamond Drille in 2014.

"Getting her to the barriers is the hardest part," Berry explained after his 30th G1 win.

"We were going along at a leisurely canter and she went to put the brakes on at the bottom of the stewards' tower and almost threw me over her head.

"But she was in a great mood today and when she is in one of those moods is when she is at her best.

"She brings out those little special performances every now and then, like she did in the Doncaster last year."

Kerrin McEvoy described the performance of runner-up Probabeel as 'enormous' in defeat.

Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 8:35pm
https://www.unnamedwebsite.com.au/news/australian-racing/pizza-loving-mare-the-queen-of-randwick/677908

Wendy Roche will be popping the champagne after Nettoyer’s Queen Of The Turf Stakes victory at Randwick but it won’t be the trainer enjoying a tipple.

Nettoyer is famous for her unorthodox diet of pizza and bubbles and she will get both after scoring her second G1 victory, 12 months after winning the Doncaster Mile over the same course and distance.

“I think the pizza’s on order and she’s already got pink champagne because we thought she would go close. She can have whatever she wants,” Roche said.

There has never been any doubt over Nettoyer’s talent but the enigmatic seven-year-old can be a handful.

She did too much wrong when attempting to defend her Doncaster crown last Saturday but found the line well enough to indicate another competitive performance was nigh.

“She missed the kick by three (in the Doncaster), she was 20 lengths off them and you can’t do that in a Group One against the world’s best horses,” Roche said.

“She only got beat 4.3 lengths. She needs pace….and she had that today.”

Nettoyer is set to be sold at an upcoming broodmare auction but will have two more starts for Roche in the Hollindale Stakes and Doomben Cup.

The mare was ridden to victory by Tommy Berry, who got a firsthand taste of her capricious behaviour.

“Getting her to the barriers is the hardest part. We were going along at a leisurely canter and she went to put the brakes on at the bottom of the steward’s tower and almost threw me over her head,” Berry said.

“But she was in a great mood today and when she is in one of those moods is when she is at her best.”

Nettoyer ($26) reeled in Probabeel ($2.15 fav) by a short head with Quantum Mechanic ($26) another 1-3/4 lengths away third.

Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 8:31pm
She mentioned the Hollindale as a race for her.
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 8:01pm
Thanks for that news Shawy, that’s great.

Wendy better let Inglis know she’s withdrawn from the sale, because she’s still showing as an active lot.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 7:59pm
Dropped of today but she showed today that her Doncaster win was no fluke.

Not sure what she will be aiming at in Brisbane, unless they are trying her out at 2000m or 2400m.

Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 7:52pm
Wendy said her in post race interview she had changed her mind about selling her.
Will go to Brisbane for a couple of races before she visits Exceed & Excel.
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 7:40pm
Great way for this mare to finish her racing career today.  Horse of a lifetime for Wendy Roche.

She goes under the hammer in a few weeks at the Inglis Chairman’s Sale.
Mr Prospector View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Prospector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2020 at 4:00pm
She said in an interview the mare is always a handful and a stable hand needed stitches not that long ago . 
Many top mares don't seem to have a sweet disposition . 
There are three types of lies - Lies ,Damn Lies and Statistics
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2020 at 3:42pm
Hadn't realised that , point taken.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2020 at 3:12pm
She has always been a handful before her races
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2020 at 2:23pm
Shhe did carry on the same last week.  Should have left Innes on her as he seemed to get the feel for her a bit.
animals before people.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2020 at 2:16pm
I'm pretty sure she did the same pre race last week.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2020 at 1:50pm
She was putting on an act before the race, Boss going to the barriers and didn't even have his feet in the irons, the message was there imo.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2020 at 12:41am
No wonder she underperformed. Poor girl would’ve been in agony
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2020 at 12:40am
– Slow to begin. Rider G. Boss reported that the mare raced flat and, in his opinion, did not back up from its last start win in the Doncaster Handicap. A post-race veterinary examination revealed that Nettoyer had twisted its off-fore plate, quartered the heel bulbs of the off-foreleg and was lame (2/5) in that leg. Trainer Ms W. Roche
was advised that a veterinary clearance will be required prior to Nettoyer being permitted to race or barrier trial again.
Pardon_My_Dust View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 8:59pm
Rubbish ride from Boss. Should have stuck with Innes.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 6:48pm
Too much post race pizza last Saturday?  Shocked
Lopartega View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lopartega Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 6:42pm
I guess no Tequila shots for Nettoyer tonight
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 10:26pm
Swapped out the jock? Poor form 🙄
Pizza, beer, champers, ? Colic 🤔
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 10:25pm
Swapped out the jock? Poor form 🙄
Pizza, beer, champers, ? Colic 🤔
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 1:12pm
Those posts are from years ago
Sullenberger View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sullenberger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 10:58am
Originally posted by Magnolian Khan Magnolian Khan wrote:

Yesterday's race was not Group class
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sullenberger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 10:57am

I like to see them do it more than once before declaring a Group horse!
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sullenberger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 10:52am

Won a walkathon by 10 on a bog track, bit early to saw she is trip class. Off season stayer
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 3:34pm
Great stuff!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Go Flash Go View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 3:04pm
 French teacher sister noticed this name in the results and she loves backing longshots .. we used to be a team on-course each week following mainly Hanlon's till she started having kids many long years ago ...

She's gonna love this Video _  Thumbs Up
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

I wish I could upload a face book post because they showed her eating her pizza last night however it was a not a supreme.

I took note, it was a Marguerita & def. had all the toppings removed LOL I've managed to d/load from FB & upload to y/tube too LOL

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>