Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Order Again

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Order Again
    Posted: 28 May 2017 at 1:08am
Good little horse with lots of raw ability looked the winner along way from home today * can stay * thought he peaked on his run 100m from home ~ Although the runner up was huge this son of Iffraaj is still raw and improving will take great benefit from this run Bigtime after missing a recent trial ~ Goes into the Derby now a live chance and I'm very happy with the 15/1 (all in)Big smile
Delta Deel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 11:09am
Doubt he beats that 2nd horse at 2400m
https://group1selections.wordpress.com/
AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 1:39pm
Brian Smith has done an incredible job with this horse broke the previous class record on the weekend thats stood for 14 years hopefully they keep his feet sound 
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 3:20pm
It was a great win wasn't it? Amazing what can happen when the inject a bit of pace into a race.

Larry gave him a big wrap after the race. He said the horse would have won the Derby if it wasn't for his bad feet.

Apparently the plan is to have one more run up there and then head to some better races in Sydney.
AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 4:26pm
Awesome win when u think about how bad his feet were scratched from the Derby 1 year off the scene to get him right and both runs back hes ran into brick walls in the home straight no luck whatsoever they were both on tracks with plenty of give too … I liked the way he produced on a firmer surface Saturday thats a good sign his feet are in good shape 

I absolutely love these kind of horses MJB with the ability to win over 1350m and stretch it out to 2500m will lap up the mile next start then down to Sydney for a G3 2000m race

Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 4:31pm
Very early for the spring. I’d love to know what his main target is
AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 4:47pm
KIngstonTown Stakes will be his first run in Sydney Shrunk Thumbs Up
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 4:48pm
As he’s by Iffraaj, I doubt if he is a genuine stayer...and the older they get, the better they get. Brian Smith has done a great job with him. Look forward to seeing him in Sydnet
correctweight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote correctweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2018 at 2:36am
Have rated him a 1.70 chance and cant believe they were betting evens.

Will bolt in this is a serious horse.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2018 at 9:32am
Yes, I’ve anchored him in a heap of multis
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2018 at 12:03pm
I've got him to close a few multi's.

He should be winning again.

My only little concern is they practically set the race up for him last start by going nuts in front. When they do that, it can make a win look better than what it is.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote correctweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2018 at 12:36pm
He will be fine he is already Group winner. If has any clear running in the previous 2 runs he wouldve won too.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote correctweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2018 at 3:36pm
O fiddlesticks!

He had to lay in the whole way. There is something wrong with the racing up there. Blows in betting big time. Just BS.

Cant win at this game. Might be time to pull the pin.
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2018 at 3:50pm
Bloody hell.

There's no betting at the 400 metre mark.

There was too much weight carrying me. I had it to close endless multi's.

That'll do me for the day.

I agree, the drift was a big worry before the race. But the horse's manners cost it the win. Nothing suspicious l wouldn't have thought.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 10:02am
Originally posted by correctweight correctweight wrote:

O fiddlesticks!

He had to lay in the whole way. There is something wrong with the racing up there. Blows in betting big time. Just BS.

Cant win at this game. Might be time to pull the pin.

Felt sick watching the betting drift. Had it anchored in 5 trebles and all the others one

I’d love to see the head on. I thought it was jockey than horse
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote correctweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 3:55pm
Yeah horrible watch.
 Post Reply Post Reply