Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

What is your view of ABC?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 19>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 11:16pm
Did the ABC broadcast that cricket match screamer, where the commentator remarked that "the batsman is Holding, the bowler's Willey " The mental images that must have evoked, is probably why many are voting "NO"
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 11:22pm
Some really good stuff tainted by slobbering over every leftard social issue on the menu.

too many compares all of the same ilk - uni style nerds, obviously social misfits growing up.
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 12:38am
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

Did the ABC broadcast that cricket match screamer, where the commentator remarked that "the batsman is Holding, the bowler's Willey " The mental images that must have evoked, is probably why many are voting "NO"

They would have had that commentary which was from the BBC. The commentator was the late Brian Johnston.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 11:48am
lateline axed.

can aanyone argue? Alberici just covered the same topics and people as insiders, the drum and the 7:30 report did.

she was probably on 280k a year to reheat topics that have been done to death on other programs.

thats waste, and a good call to rissole the program.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 12:03pm
ClapShe is/was a shockingly biased bigot!

Now we just need to get rid of insiders, the drum and the 7:30 report ... and any other news/current affairs programs.

I do like Dr Blake and Miss Fisher! 
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 12:09pm
I think it shameful that they are dumbing down the ABC to your level.

There is a place for you already on Sky.

Leave the ABC alone
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

ClapShe is/was a shockingly biased bigot!

Now we just need to get rid of <span style=": rgb251, 251, 253; font-size: 13.6px;">insiders, the drum and the 7:30 report ... and any other news/current affairs programs.</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253; font-size: 13.6px;">
</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253; font-size: 13.6px;">I do like Dr Blake and Miss Fisher! </span>

What about the gardening show with the werris creek doc, gotta luv it .
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 12:12pm
who is the yowie man that does a gardening show on the abc? he's good value.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Leave the ABC alone

You complain about wasteful govt spending. yet seemingly happy to pay alberici 280k a year to be the abc microwave oven at 9:30pm, 5 days a week.

i dont like the gutting of the abc in general, but this decision cannot be argued. no one was watching it anyway. even the guardian says its hard to argue the decision.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 12:32pm
So because you dont like Emma Albirici, the whole show should be scrapped?

Lateline provides a service that puts the spotlight on and discusses serious topics. It has a vital place
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 12:41pm

So because you dont like Emma Albirici, the whole show should be scrapped?

Lateline provides a service that puts the spotlight on and discusses serious topics. It has a vital place

I dont particularly like alberici, but where have i shown in my posts that my agreement to the shows axing was based on a personal objection to her??

you are making sh*t up yet again and going off course.

her show was reheated stuff ....which lots of times you would have watched on those 3 other shows that were aired before her sh*t show. maybe 10 mins of the show was dedicated to other content.

if it has a vital place...many viewers wouldnt have left it in droves. its ratings have plummeted.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 12:44pm

Leave the ABC alone

Your ABC/SBS is already a vacuum for you and your Marxist mates PT ... I'm just sick of footing the bill ... but that's communism I suppose!Wink

Australia will wake up to it soon, ironically, thanks to the awareness that modern day "wall to wall" media provides!Big smile 

... it's like this SSM debate ... a great exercise in education for the population!

No matter the final numbers (remember it was 76% in favor, and just a waste of time!LOL), the people who were blissfully unaware of all of the "Slippery Slope" connotations, are now well informed - ironically, having been exposed to reality by the intolerant abusive elitist Marxist freaks and geeks who tried to prosecute the "Love is Love" case, but just couldn't help letting their horns show!Embarrassed  

With a little luck, it might just be enough to ensure that the citizens will be enlightened enough to speak out, and even if SSM is allowed, all of the Marxist trappings are rejected ... just maybe we can stop our society from slipping too far down the sh*tter ... that would be a favourable result wouldn't it PT?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 12:47pm
Sorry, I just thought that both your posts today criticizing her and her salary as well as a recent criticism of her being ''a megaphone for gay marriage''(your no 1 pet obsession)might have had something to do with your position
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 12:47pm
Exactly doc...the 120 mill is money extremely well spent.

turnbull has conducted a nation wide, education and awareness program of cultural marxism. a program that has lasted months.

he could have spent double that and id still salute him 🍷
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 12:50pm

Sorry, I just thought that both your posts today criticizing her and her salary as well as a recent criticism of her being ''a megaphone for gay marriage''(your no 1 pet obsession)might have had something to do with your position

nah, just that even your cult marxist fan boys and girls have left her show in droves. because why watch something you already watched on 3 other shows??

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 12:50pm

Leave the ABC alone

Your ABC/SBS is already a vacuum for you and your Marxist mates PT ... I'm just sick of footing the bill ... but that's communism I suppose!Wink

Australia will wake up to it soon, ironically, thanks to the awareness that modern day "wall to wall" media provides!Big smile 

... it's like this SSM debate ... a great exercise in education for the population!

No matter the final numbers (remember it was 76% in favor, and just a waste of time!LOL), the people who were blissfully unaware of all of the "Slippery Slope" connotations, are now well informed - ironically, having been exposed to reality by the intolerant abusive elitist Marxist freaks and geeks who tried to prosecute the "Love is Love" case, but just couldn't help letting their horns show!Embarrassed  

With a little luck, it might just be enough to ensure that the citizens will be enlightened enough to speak out, and even if SSM is allowed, all of the Marxist trappings are rejected ... just maybe we can stop our society from slipping too far down the sh*tter ... that would be a favourable result wouldn't it PT?

I think you have hit most points that RWNJ politicians use to shut down the ABC and PBS and BBC 

We need more spotlight on these crooks these days than less
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 1:43pm
Come on PT, stop the subsidies to these parasites, let the market decide ... they will quickly wither and die when the life support is cut off ... just like windmills and solar panels!
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 1:50pm
You are just a troll aren't Dr. F

I do not think you believe a single thing you have posted on this forum.

reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 1:52pm
PT thinks alberici deserves her show and her exorbitant salary because she interviewed gillian triggs 15 times.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

PT thinks alberici deserves her show and her exorbitant salary because she interviewed gillian triggs 15 times.

Where did I say that?
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

You are just a troll aren't Dr. F

I do not think you believe a single thing you have posted on this forum.

You think? ... I mean do you actually think!?Confused

max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 3:05pm

Come on PT, stop the subsidies to these parasites<span style="font-size: 13.6px;">, let the market decide ... they will quickly wither and die when the life support is cut off ... just like windmills and solar panels</span>!

Don't like subsidies, Doc ? The GFC bail-outs must have crushed your spirit.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 3:35pm

Come on PT, stop the subsidies to these parasites<span style="font-size: 13.6px;">, let the market decide ... they will quickly wither and die when the life support is cut off ... just like windmills and solar panels</span>!

If you can explain how subsidising FAKE NEWS is saving our economy, I'll subsidise your punting for a year max!LOL 

(I'll probably get a positive ROI on that, unlike investing in Pink Batts and School Halls!Wink)
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 4:42pm

How many billion a year do we subsidize fossil fuels to hold us back with Tones in the 19th century?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 4:55pm
The decline of journalism is alarming, it does not augur well when independent and reliable reportage is contracting. But arguably a few at the ABC have dropped the ball, where objectivity is concerned, becoming mouthpieces for minority interests, at the expense of mainstream concerns.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 5:04pm
We will see what it will be like in a couple of years after the media ownership laws are changed and Murdoch dominates Australian news as to how bad the ABC was
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 5:08pm
Blah blah blah ... the cat is out of the bag PT!

Renewables are subsidised at a hugely inflated rate, considering what they put into the grid ... you know it, everyone knows it, plus the money all goes off shore anyway!

Why are AGL, turning their back on coal ... wouldn't be for lovely, guaranteed, government $$$$$$$'s would it? Embarrassed

Just like Gays have NO EQUALITY!!!Cry ... just more Leftard Lies!!!Pig
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 5:11pm
Some at the ABC appear to have adopted the attitude they have to peddle the contrary of Murdoch's biases, and in doing so generated their own brand of rubbish. It doesn't follow that if some of the Murdoch offering is trash, it all is.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 5:19pm
Have a look at social media while those programs are on When you have equal numbers of people claiming they are leftie or right stooges, they are doing it pretty right. Chris Uhlmann(I think ) recently wrote an article about him being bemused and frustrated at being  left and right at the same time
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 5:24pm
... oh and the other lies of note;

* Chanel 2 are not biasedWacko
* The cheque is in the mailBig smile
* yes, of course I love youHug
* no, I wont come in your mouthPinch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 19>