Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

What is your view of ABC?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 19>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

Speaking of the political spectrum and agenda's or bias ....

has their been a newspaper that has lurched so far left in a short space of time as the SMH?

You cant be serious here?? Murdoch rags have nosedived hard right and towards the gutter. 

Murdoch rags have always been hard right. the smh was a center/right paper as far as i could tell, but almost overnight it has lurched into left territory....it runs all the stories you social engineering wack jobs love.

Priests without hard-ons. There's some social engineering I'd love to see. Offended? Put your offence to better use - such as understanding minorities, discrimination, etc.  Conservatives have been engaged in social engineering since the year dot. Understand that and you're one step along the way to getting some balance. How do the old teachings go again? Do unto others...  Walk a mile...

Cabo's traded all that in for some cheap tribalism. And to kneel at the altar of the Doc. A pretty sad spectacle, really.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 10:17pm
You lot are worse fanatics than any christians I've ever met. Well, maybe a bit like the Hillsong Prosperity Gospel zombies.
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

You lot are worse fanatics than any christians I've ever met. Well, maybe a bit like the Hillsong Prosperity Gospel zombies.

hillsong is an understatement. more like a bunch of jimmy swaggarts.

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 11:07pm
Yeah, atheists and agnostics are the cause of all the world's problems. 
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Yeah, atheists and agnostics are the cause of all the world's problems. 

Correct. Clap

STALIN=  Murdered an estimated 60 million, including ordering the shooting of 100,000 Priests.

POL POT = Murdered an estimated 2.5 million people

ZEDONG = Murdered an estimated 60 milllion people

MUSSOLINI = Did such things as invade Ethiopia, even bombing Red Cross buildings. His widow strongly stated he didnt believe in God.

JEFFREY DAHMER =an infamous serial killer and atheist sentenced to 900 years in prison, said “if a person doesn’t think that there is a God to be accountable to, then what’s the point of trying to modify your behavior to keep it within acceptable ranges?”. 

The list goes on.

If you were to compare ISIS, to the over 100 million that leading atheists have murdered, well ISIS have a heck of a lot of catching up to do, illegally murdering people, hijacking the peaceful Muslims that dont preach hate.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 5:21pm
The athiest atrocities fallacy 
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 7:13pm
^ Doesn't exist.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 7:33pm
The Atheist Atrocities Fallacy: Micheal A Sherlock

[extract only]
Religious apologists, particularly those of the Christian variety, are big fans of what I have dubbed, the atheist atrocities fallacy. Christians commonly employ this fallacy to shield their egos from the harsh reality of the brutality of their own religion, by utilizing a most absurd form of the tu quoque (“you too”) fallacy, mingled with numerous other logical fallacies and historical inaccuracies.  Despite the fact that the atheist atrocities fallacy has already been thoroughly exposed by Hitchens and other great thinkers, it continues to circulate amongst the desperate believers of a religion in its death throes.  Should an atheist present a believer with the crimes committed by the Holy See of the Inquisition(s), the Crusaders and other faith-wielding misanthropes, they will often hear the reply; “Well, what about Stalin, Pol Pot and Hitler? They were atheists, and they killed millions!”

Given the obstinate nature of religious faith and the wilful ignorance it cultivates in the mind of the believer, I am quite certain that this article will not be the final nail in this rancid and rotting coffin.  Having said this, I do hope it will contribute to the arsenal required by those who value reason, facts and evidence, in their struggle against the fallacies perpetually flaunted by those who do not value the truth above their own egocentric delusions, delusions inspired by an unquenchable thirst for security, no matter how frighteningly false its foundation.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 7:40pm
This has been well argued by notable atheists like Christopher Hitchins and  Richard Dawkins
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 7:51pm
Wòhoo, must exist if it's beeb blathered about by those 2 and... um... 1 other?
Load of nonsense.
http://atheism-analyzed.blogspot.com.au/2015/02/the-atheist-case-against-existence-of.html?m=1
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 7:56pm
So the only thing keeping religious people from being complete a-holes is fear of the judgement of Big Brother in the sky.Shocked Nasty.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 7:57pm
Sorry Stayer, the link you provided has no relevance to the Atheist Atrocities Fallacy.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 7:59pm
Sorry, make that the Atheist Atrocities Fallacy theory.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 8:01pm
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Sorry, make that the Atheist Atrocities Fallacy theory.

"Theory" I can deal with. PT stated it like it's an accepted thing. It's full of false premises, deflections etc.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 2:40am
I've never been one who thought more or less of a person based upon their religion - in fact, one of the people whom I have the most respect for on this planet, is a Muslim "revert" ... however, I must say, based upon what I now know about the alleged "atheists" in TBV ... I'm going to decline the offer to join ... my rationale is simple - I really don’t want to belong to any club that will accept me as a memberWink

Christians Rule OK!Thumbs Up
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 1:17pm
With apologies to Groucho eh Doc!
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

I've never been one who thought more or less of a person based upon their religion - in fact, one of the people whom I have the most respect for on this planet, is a Muslim "revert" ... however, I must say, based upon what I now know about the alleged "atheists" in TBV ... I'm going to decline the offer to join ... my rationale is simple - I really don’t want to belong to any club that will accept me as a memberWink

Did the Christians accept you ?

reductio ad absurdum
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 1:29pm

I've never been one who thought more or less of a person based upon their religion - in fact, one of the people whom I have the most respect for on this planet, is a Muslim "revert" ... however, I must say, based upon what I now know about the alleged "atheists" in TBV ... I'm going to decline the offer to join ... my rationale is simple - I really don’t want to <span style="font-size: 12px;">belong to any club that will accept me as a member</span>Wink<span style="font-size: 12px;"></span>

That first sentence......
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Did the Christians accept you ?

No, he is just an associate member of the TBV God-Squad. They will have anyone who agrees with them....until they don't.  
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 4:29pm
I have a perpetual membership!Wink
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 12:57am
Imam Tawhidi

He warns we're facing an infestation of radical clerics, and he's called for Islamic schools to be shut down. But Mohammed Tawhidi has a mysterious history that sits awkwardly alongside his new image as reformer-in-chief of Islam in Australia.

reductio ad absurdum
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 1:45am
This is the only other time the ABC has bothered to comment on this guy ... typical balanced ABC opinion piece ... pleeeeez!

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 1:59am
This is the guy that the ABC backs, not that other imposter! ... the Grand Mufti - who jokes about Jihad, one week after fatal Islamic Attacks in Melbourne and London (to name a few) ... who has lived in Australia for 20 years, but refused to learn to speak English - why bother when the plan Grand Plan is an Islamic State within Australia ... ooops, who said that!!!

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 8:22pm
reductio ad absurdum
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 10:33pm
I think the ABC is a waste of taxpayers money.

I rarely watch them and put a total ban on them when they employed the "Tanned Man Grant "
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 10:49pm
Best TV in OZ, wonderful investigative programme like 4 Corners, political   Insiders, science  Catalyst, discussion Q + A, expose  Media Watch, etc etc. And that is not even mentioning Channels 22 _ 24 . Also great drama shows, many from Britain. What would we do without the ABC ?
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

I rarely watch them and put a total ban on them when they employed the "Tanned Man Grant "

Not dark enough for you?Wacko
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

<div id="UMS_TOOLTIP" style=": ; cursor: pointer; : 2147483647; : transparent; top: -100000px; left: -100000px;">

Not dark enough for you?Wacko

He doesn't put it on even.

Bet you a quid he has a white willy.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 11:10pm
Tiaz... Don't vote YES or you might get inside information.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 19>