Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

What is your view of ABC?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 12:45am
SUB...   It is called the RIGHT because that's exactly what it is .

RIGHT ...     NOT WONG
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 1:32am
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

Speaking of the political spectrum and agenda's or bias ....

has their been a newspaper that has lurched so far left in a short space of time as the SMH?

You cant be serious here?? Murdoch rags have nosedived hard right and towards the gutter. 

Murdoch rags have always been hard right. the smh was a center/right paper as far as i could tell, but almost overnight it has lurched into left territory....it runs all the stories you social engineering wack jobs love.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 9:12am
Maybe your sudden and extreme lurch to the right just makes them look further away than you previously thought they were
Nostradamus II View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nostradamus II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 10:04am
If there was no ABC, the alphabet would suffer. 
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 11:17am
Originally posted by Nostradamus II Nostradamus II wrote:

( Whale won't get that one )
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Maybe your sudden and extreme lurch to the right just makes them look further away than you previously thought they were

Nope i can be rational in these observations.

hey, dont take my word....read what former smh journo mike west says - the same thing
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Originally posted by Nostradamus II Nostradamus II wrote:

( Whale won't get that one )

LOL (is it the use of multisyllabic words?)
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 10:39pm
There is simply no better TV than 4Corners
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 10:49pm
Chris masters has some top investo work as a journo. his brother roy was great in his field too. smart family.
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

I think the ABC is basically outstanding. I do not agree with everything and do not like all their shows but as a whole, I like them, like them a lot.

Dead right djebel and it's not just TV. If you want real, diverse info and even entertainment turn on ABC local radio. Anyone who hasn't discovered Richard Fidler's Conversations is missing an absolute gem. 

The ABC and Fairfax have also joined forces in numerous in-depth investigations important to the community including underpayment of wages to migrant fruit pickers and 7Eleven workers, student visa rorting, CommInsure, the recent Chinese influence story etc etc

The ABC's poll figures across a range of areas are numbers Murdoch could only dream about. You can find results on their website iirc.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 10:32am
Meanwhile, Breitbart has toned down the madness, under advertiser pressure, and their cucks don't like it.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 10:58am
Breitbart want Congressional and White House media accreditation They have had temporary WH access, but not Congress who have shelved their application indefinitely, probably due to Gorka and Bannon having a percieved conflict of interest. These days Breitbart are trying to portray themselves as mainstream In the current bizarre environment who can tell?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 11:28am
Breitbart and Fox are now more left-wing on Islam than Andrew Bolt.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 1:09pm

has their been a newspaper that has lurched so far left in a short space of time as the SMH?

You cant be serious here?? Murdoch rags have nosedived hard right and towards the gutter. 

If it was meant to be so serious it's hilarious. Then again some cons believe that any reasoned argument or analysis which doesn't fit their extremely narrow perspective is "left wing" bias - or fake news as the narcissistic, lying "head of the free world" would say.  
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 1:39pm
Listening to a broadcast of the very beginning of the ABC and the reason it exists is basically because all the Newspapers at the time were conservative and had a serious bias toward the Liberals or whatever they were known as prior to the ABC coming into existence.

The Newspaper owners were dead against the ABC coming into being and demanded that they pay copyright fees for any of the news that they took from papers.

They were also not allowed to have a nightly news bulletin until after 8pm so they did not eat into the afternoon editions readership.

reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 1:42pm
Worth a listen

Cartoonist and artist Bill Leak's life-changing accident

48mins 9secs •

reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 1:45pm

The bitter political battle behind the beginning of the independent ABC news service in June 1947.

reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 1:45pm
If you click on LISTEN in the above mess it will work LOL
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

If it was meant to be so serious it's hilarious. Then again some cons believe that any reasoned argument or analysis which doesn't fit their extremely narrow perspective is "left wing" bias - or fake news as the narcissistic, lying "head of the free world" would say.  

you pair of dunces...stop exagerating and being outraged at what i said. i said...

the smh has lurched left. thats all i said. Nothing about the media landscape, right wing media or domination, narrative or agenda.

check their commentary on israel/palestine now. a massive shift, given anything that wasnt pro israel was anti semitic. the smh was as glued to israel as murdoch is. thats the most glaring example. and thats a good shift imo. so what agenda have i got?

And if you dont believe me...then you dont believe former smh journo mike west. who says the same.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 2:39pm

Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

you pair of dunces...stop exagerating and being outraged at what i said. i said...

the smh has lurched left. thats all i said. Nothing about the media landscape, right wing media or domination, narrative or agenda.

check their commentary on israel/palestine now. a massive shift, given anything that wasnt pro israel was anti semitic. the smh was as glued to israel as murdoch is. thats the most glaring example. and thats a good shift imo. so what agenda have i got?

And if you dont believe me...then you dont believe former smh journo mike west. who says the same.

Where are the examples? Show us- that's what example means.Wink

"believe former smh journo mike west. who says the same." Where? 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 2:47pm
west says it in one of his articles on his website.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 3:29pm

No he doesn't.Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 3:32pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 3:52pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

No he doesn't.Wink

sorry. he does. keep on searching....
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 7:08pm

I'm not outraged, I'm not even surprised after reading more of your comments elsewhere. I assume you've been at a con temple learning the dark arts for many months?

I don't know what West said,  but if his redundancy is anything to go by it surely means a shift to the RIGHT. If FF loses a few more of his calibre they will disappear up their own fundamentals and that will be both a huge shame and a huge blow to democracy - yes democracy. 
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 8:21pm
[

[/QUOTE]

are you an anti  Semite ?
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 1:00am
With the good ship Channel 10 listing badly, Waleed will be looking for a safe port to suck dry shortly ... wonder what ABC's The Project will have to say about Radical Islamic Terrorism?

More of this no doubt!

In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 8:37pm
Great news Doc. Waleed isn't going anywhere with Channel Ten refinancing. 

Another well deserved Gold Logie coming up next year Thumbs Up
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 9:56pm

Murdoch rags have always been hard right. the smh was a center/right paper as far as i could tell, but almost overnight it has lurched into left territory....it runs all the stories you social engineering wack jobs love.

Priests without hard-ons. There's some social engineering I'd love to see. Offended? Put your offence to better use - such as understanding minorities, discrimination, etc.  Conservatives have been engaged in social engineering since the year dot. Understand that and you're one step along the way to getting some balance. How do the old teachings go again? Do unto others...  Walk a mile...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>