Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Islam - Time to Push Back?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 46>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 7:20pm
I knew you'd say that. OK - your correct - it is just a media beat up ConfusedConfused
Refer ALP Election Promises
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

I knew you'd say that. OK - your correct - it is just a media beat up ConfusedConfused

I dont think anything is spent on Islamic terrorism around here, it all goes on youth violence and bikies.

Hope that helps
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

I dont think anything is spent on Islamic terrorism around here, it all goes on youth violence and bikies.

Hope that helps
So you don't think our Intelligence Services are kept busy monitoring the radicals ?
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 7:25pm
I don't think the question should be 'what is our culture?' but what has been lost in some cases.

Australians who don't like Australia Day attack those that celebrate it. When those celebrating fight back, they are in the wrong. 

Being allowed to fly the Australian flag where and whenever you want. Without being called a racist and redneck. 

Being allowed to celebrate Christmas with Santa Claus without being called a bigot because there are some from other countries with different religions who don't like Christmas or Santa Claus. 

No Christmas parties at some schools or workplaces because it's against someone else's culture.

Schools banned from singing Christmas carols.

Walk out during the national anthem at school if it's against your culture. Not Australian culture, your culture.

How is that assimilation? Oh I see. We have to assimilate for them.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 7:28pm

Hope that helps
So you don't think our Intelligence Services are kept busy monitoring the radicals ?

If they're monitoring PT they have that covered. Wink
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 7:34pm
If they're monitoring PT they have that covered.
----------------

OOOOOWAAAAA    Scamanda     
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 7:35pm

Hope that helps

Of course they are, but is the spending relative to the actual threat, or to the politics of fear? Was spending more or less under Abbott? What about States spending? Is it different for states of different political parties? How much is spent in Qld or the NT on anti terrorism I have no idea. I imagine if you live in the western suburbs of Sydney more would be spent on it there.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 7:41pm
PT wants to put them in the same barrel as the Greeks, the Italians....& the Vietnamese. That given time they will assimilate & enrich our society....that their kids & their kids will become as one re values/respect for the country. Reality is it just aint happening. In fact its the opposite - home grown kids more radical than their parents - causing all sorts of issues within the community. He knows it - just does not suit his out of touch ideology.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 7:46pm
I can honestly say I have not once lay awake at night wondering if a terrorist was going to get me tonight. 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 7:53pm

I can honestly say I have not once lay awake at night wondering if a terrorist was going to get me tonight. 
What does that mean ? You don't live within a bulls roar of an Islamic community. You'd have more chance of getting bitten to death by sand flies. I mean I don't go to sleep worrying I'm going to be raped by Megan Gale either. Fair dinkum PT - sort yourself out. Reincarnate Browndog for Christ's sake !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 7:58pm

What does that mean ? You don't live within a bulls roar of an Islamic community. You'd have more chance of getting bitten to death by sand flies. I mean I don't go to sleep worrying I'm going to be raped by Megan Gale either. Fair dinkum PT - sort yourself out. Reincarnate Browndog for Christ's sake !

Sorry, I will try to be more paranoid just for you Smile
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 8:10pm

Sorry, I will try to be more paranoid just for you Smile

Sorry I didn't ring you today mate.
A bug crawled across my phone and I though it might belong to ASIO.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 8:11pm

I see , they only commit  attacks near their communities, funny I thought the general idea was to harm Westerners in their areas Confused
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 8:13pm
They use SSL hot-mike now, remotely activated Much more efficient Big smile
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 8:18pm
May I be excused to go up north with 3BM , Luva & E&E please. Not expecting too much to change down here anytime soon Ouch
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 8:23pm
How many terror attacks have there been in the Western Suburbs in the last year, 5 years, 10 years?

Must have been heaps by the sound of it.

scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 8:30pm

How many terror attacks have there been in the Western Suburbs in the last year, 5 years, 10 years?

Must have been heaps by the sound of it.

Does that include Parramatta?

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 8:31pm
yes
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 8:35pm
The latest plot to be thwarted in NSW allegedly involved two 16-year-old boys who purchased knives and were en route to behead a stranger in Sydney’s Bankstown before they were arrested on Wednesday.

the killing of police accountant Curtis Cheng by 15-year-old schoolboy Farhad Khalil Mohammed Jabar in Parramatta

http://www.news.com.au/national/crime/the-11-imminent-terror-attacks-australia-narrowly-escaped/news-story/86fc734df0963e21fe038c0eecce7d80
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 8:37pm
Lol nicely set up Scamanda, is only 1 incident though
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 8:37pm
So 1?

In the last 8 years we have had 5 people murdered by sharks here, admittedly none were muslim sharks, but I still go for a swim 
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 8:38pm
You sure whale?
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 8:39pm

So 1?

In the last 8 years we have had 5 people murdered by sharks here, admittedly none were muslim sharks, but I still go for a swim 

How many sharks are in the western suburbs of Sydney?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 8:42pm
Exactly
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 8:42pm
Unless you count Liberal politicians. 
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 8:43pm

Exactly

Exactly what? One?
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by scamanda scamanda wrote:

So 1?

How many sharks are in the western suburbs of Sydney?
Plenty Scamanda - I had one around today with an Iraqi accent wanting cash money to paint my house !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 8:48pm

Exactly

Exactly what? One?

So based on what we know, what are the odds of being killed by an Islamic terrorist in the Western suburbs in the next 10 years?

What are the odds of being run over by a bus?

How much should we spend on monitoring rogue buses?
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 8:48pm

You sure whale?

yes because if there were more you would advise us
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

You sure whale?

yes because if there were more you would advise us

I did a 10 sec search on Google.
I don't keep the records.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 46>