Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Aloisia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 10:36am
Originally posted by bradjm bradjm wrote:

Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Perfect ride on Aloisia but can't stay.

Give her to Aiden, Joseph, John, Willie, Charlie and or Mark and I bet she would stay on her ear.

Maybe, but would she have won the 1000 guineas ?

Of course because the Euro trainers are superior   

Thought I'd save you the trouble of posting djebel.
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 6:22pm
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 7:52pm
I don't think we can learn anything from that trial 3bm. She did nothing, as expected.
Like Winx maybe. 

She could have gotten a lot more from a solid workout against a stablemate. When game day comes along we might see something better from her.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 8:26pm
There is no other way to describe her trial other than poor. Hope she shows more on raceday.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 8:30pm
I don’t see what the issue is?
It’s a trial.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 8:34pm
My reply disappeared. Take 2.

Second up into the Guineas is her go but she wont want to be behind because others will be ready. I don't recall how she usually goes in trials but would have liked to see her cruising late not being shoved along, esp with only 11 days to the 1400m? Vanity.

What we can say is that Savanna Amour is going nicely for her resumption.
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 10:23pm
I wouldnt discount her on that - not asked to do too much and they sprinted home - it will be a different story on race day
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 7:43am
Zero wrong with that trial
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 9:12pm
https://www.punters.com.au/news/aloisia-last-in-underwhelming-trial_166008/

Extract:

The Trial Files' Victorian analyst Matt Welsh said the trial was visually disappointing but also noted that Aloisia was soundly beaten in a jump-out leading into her spring campaign.

"Aloisia was sent around in an 800m trial at Cranbourne this morning and to the eye was most disappointing. She did nothing but stare at rump steak at the tail of proceedings throughout. Looking at her physique, she needed the trial and she will derive a lot of benefit for the hit-out," Welsh said.  

More in the linked article.

Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 7:14am
Early $2.50 favourite for The Vanity on Saturday. I hope she wins but could not entertain taking the shorts after that awful trial. It's fine when horses are given a quiet trial and are not put under any pressure, however she didn't appear to have much up her sleeve after trailing the field and had a good blow after the trial. Looked to my eye that she was quite unfit.
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 7:16am
Needed the run first up last prep.
KFG View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KFG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 6:35am
Wouldn't back her with free money on Saturday.
Oaks might have broken her IMO. 
Trial was well below acceptable. 
$2.50 is surely a joke for the Vanity?
Got a feeling she will become one of those horses that never gets back to her best form.
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 11:29pm
I expect her to continue to drift up to the jump. I can see her getting to $4.00 or more. There comes a point she becomes backable. Yes the trial was poor, but a trial is still only a trial. She has lengths on these at her best and to be ready for the Australian Guineas second up she needs to be pretty forward first up. Yes she's a risk first up, but what's a fair risk. The opening quote of $2.50 was unders, but $4.00 or more is probably a fair bet.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 11:46pm
Runs a nice placing - if she wasn't busted by the Oaks as suggested above. Wouldn't be the first to suffer from that syndrome in the autumn but I doubt that's the case. She'd want to parade brilliantly and get right out before I'd look at her.  

Wasn't blown away by the trial but still think Banish is hardest to beat of those likely to be tuned up.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 3:17pm
Looks good if a little solid. That may be her? Banish looks lovely.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Looks good if a little solid. That may be her? Banish looks lovely.

StarAloisia was really starting to warm up late. IMO she's back and will be the one to beat in whatever she runs in.

Banish, get on next run. Williams stopped riding when he missed the early run and just followed bums.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 3:43pm
Williams did more than that. He intentionally found bums and ignored a gap after searching inside. Head on was telling. Has a propensity for that. I've wavered on him before but am now in the fucw camp.

I'll have to watch the replay on Aloisia. Thought she could have done better even though second up over further is her go.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 3:51pm
LOL I was on Banished too and watched the head on replay .......... and had to put the remote down so I wouldn't throw it at the TV.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 3:56pm
LOL Gotta have a sense of humour in this game. Mind you if I was an owner he wouldn't get near mine.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 4:01pm
The betting has been telling the stories on a few of these that have Blown like gales.

Good lays in the end.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 7:10pm
First up in the spring Aloisia was 5th beaten 3.55L at Caul behind Leather'N'Lace over 1400m.
She came from 9th and 10th.

Today she was beaten first up into 5th by 2.05L behind Rimraam over 1400m (Grp 3).
She came from 10th.

2nd up last spring she won the 1000 Guineas.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 12:16am
Originally posted by scamanda scamanda wrote:

First up in the spring Aloisia was 5th beaten 3.55L at Caul behind Leather'N'Lace over 1400m.

Today she was beaten first up into 5th by 2.05L behind Rimraam over 1400m (Grp 3).
She came from 10th.

She made the Stewards reports, as did Redzel.     Not being in the early line was costly for Red.
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by scamanda scamanda wrote:

She came from 10th.

Thinking along the same lines. She might improve enormously 2nd up.

The negatives though are:
1) First up last prep she was blocked for a run
2) Last prep she had 3 weeks between runs
3) This time a little more dour, she is bred to stay
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 5:08pm
Thought her trial was poor and approaching the 300 yesterday I thought maybe she hasn't come up. But she was strong late and if she improves similarly off that she's in the Guineas up to her eyeballs. Still want to wait until she gets to 2000 though.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

Thought her trial was poor and approaching the 300 yesterday I thought maybe she hasn't come up. But she was strong late and if she improves similarly off that she's in the Guineas up to her eyeballs. Still want to wait until she gets to 2000 though.

Made the stewards report.      .   Puzzle horse aye
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 5:33pm
Okay late. Nothing to suggest she'll be winning the Guineas even with the second up profile although they will undoubtedly screw her down considerably in the next 2 weeks. 

^^^ That should be enough to get her home Smile
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 5:44pm
Not racing well. Time for a spell
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 5:58pm
Strange run. Looked to be travelling into it at the top of the straight but then got an awful check at the 400m. Jock stopped riding her for a bit then hit the line ok. Prepared to forgive.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 6:39pm
Just watched the replay.Junk (negative) ride and the check she got put her right out of business. Not sacking her yet.
horseshoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horseshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 7:49pm
Regan Bayliss got 25 meetings for that check (Reckless Riding)
Those who know don't tell, Those who tell don't know
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>