Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Rich Charm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rich Charm
    Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 6:38pm
He is a ripper. Knows how to savage the line.
Would love to see him have a crack at the Goodwood
early4lunch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote early4lunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 5:50pm
nice horse , great to see a good one for Dyta Clarke . Can be seen hobbling around Cranny with the 4 or 5 she has trucked in most mornings . She would be the most dedicated person to her horses , no second rate treatment here . Never grumbles about anything  . Wayne Smith rides them and P.Maloney has clicked recently in races , having almost got It's a  Shame Billy up recently with a professional ride . ON the radio this morn she indicated a paddock was coming up for RC .
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 9:53pm
Horse didn't race like he was looking for a rest but Udyta Clarke said on Sat she'd hardly slept in the week leading to the race so she might need a break. Smile

Was Rich Charm the neddy with an early wrap on who seemed to underachieve or am I thinking of another horse? 
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 9:59pm
Wrong horse I think. This one won on debut at Traralgon
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 10:03pm
Yes just looked and his Sat city form isn't the form of the horse I'm thinking of. Will annoy me no end now until I find the horse. Was a 3yo sprinter who was regularly short and always thereabouts iirc.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 10:06pm
Possibly Rich Enuff?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 10:19pm

Rich run for Udyta’s lucky Charm

Andrew Eddy@fastisheddy

22 April, 2017

Rich Charm finished what had been an exhausting week for his trainer Udyta Clarke in sensational style when he claimed a third consecutive Melbourne win with his victory in the $250,000 VOBIS Gold Sprint.

After being unable to speak for a few minutes following the race, Clarke explained she’d suffered a few fitful nights of sleep this week as she feared Rich Charm was getting sick after he lay down and fell asleep on Thursday afternoon.

‘’Then he began snoring and was down for about half an hour so I thought ,‘he’s sick for sure’, so I stayed with him and took his temperature and he was fine.

‘’But oh he had me worried. I didn’t leave him until about one o’clock that night.’’

The false illness to her pride and joy – who has now won more than $400,000 in stakes – came hot on the heels of an illness to his dam Charmly.

‘’She’s 20 and she’s in foal to Nostradamus and she hasn’t been too well so I’ve been spending a lot of time with her.’’

The lost sleep was of little concern as Rich Charm finished off his race powerfully under Patrick Moloney to score at the odds of $5.50 over the $4.60 favourite Ken’s Dream and the $8 chance Lucky Liberty.

‘’He such a good horse, such a good horse,’’ Clarke muttered as she watched the closing moments of replay on the big screen.

‘’I’ve known since he was a yearling that he was different and he had a brother that was a really good horse (Classic Charm) but he broke down after only six runs.’’

Clarke explained that she has been forced to space Rich Charm’s races.

‘’We aimed him at the Flemington race (Grand Handicap Sprint) but we couldn’t race him before that because if he earned just one more ratings point he would have been ineligible so we had to wait and wait but he turned up and won.

‘’Then we’ve had another long break to here, but he just goes out and does it.’’

early4lunch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote early4lunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 12:19pm
This is not the real Dyta story . If somebody can find a story on another horse of hers , Heza Dude  , then we will have the real Dyta story .
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 12:25pm
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 6:00pm
Another great horse that I’m keen on
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 6:08pm
What a horse, so happy for Udyta, she’s a lovely woman
JoanFerguson View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoanFerguson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 5:09pm
Better get the ambulance on stand by, Mrs Clarke won’t cope if he wins. Will be cheering for her, she’s a lovely woman
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 5:13pm
Really really want her to win this. Would be a great end to derby day.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 5:28pm
Heza beauty. Big heart. Fortunately doesn't get wound up like the trainer. 
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 5:29pm
God its refreshing seeing Udyta after f*cking Gai.
What a great end to a great days racing.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 5:30pm
Best win of the day.  Oh she loves him and he sure delivered his thanks.
JoanFerguson View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoanFerguson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 5:30pm
And that is what I love about racing.
Beautiful woman and so happy to see her little boy win.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 5:36pm
Great win from a horse who might be looking to move to higher level next prep.

Does that win say we can come wide in the straight and win?
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
jacko1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacko1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 5:53pm
Aim him for the Newmarket now?
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

Great win from a horse who might be looking to move to higher level next prep.

Does that win say we can come wide in the straight and win?

Plenty of others didn't come on, out toward the middle.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 6:08pm
"You've no idea what I've been through"

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 6:40pm
Deja vu all over again.
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

<span style="color: rgb20, 23, 26; font-family: "Segoe UI", Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 27px; letter-spacing: 0.27px; white-space: pre-wrap;">"You've no idea what I've been through"</span>

Gold
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 7:00pm
racing has to be the best sport ever! 
BlackKnight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 8:21pm
I was cheering so loudly I think the people around me at Flemington thought I had won a fortune which I definitely hadn't. Horse and trainer a brilliant story for racing.
Nick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 8:49pm
I teared up
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 8:52pm
You were "tired and emotional", perhaps ?
skippy123 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skippy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 9:37pm
Took balls to take that that run- 👍👍👍
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 11:19pm
At least the horse and jockey didn't take instructions from Max. Cannot admit he got it wrong. Two horses all day came that wide and both ran great races.

Brilliant win!
Nick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 11:29pm
I was hungover but still, it was pretty cool
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>