Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Single Gaze

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Originally posted by Prince of Penzance Prince of Penzance wrote:

If Olive had changed his mind and decided to race her again would you feel the same way? I highly doubt.
Acacia and Bonjour are just whinging for the sake of whinging.

So to disaggree with your point of view is to whinge ?  Right, I get it now. Thumbs Up
And if Olive had raced her on when it was obvious she had enough, yes, I would feel the same way.

No, but you are banging on about animal welfare and how you think this horse is in serious danger. But yet do not have any facts to back up your fantasy. You are deluded and mentally unwell.

I have never said I think this horse is in serious danger Angry  I am sure she is well cared for, and am not banging on about her welfare , altho I do think she had enough, seeing her after her last race. ( And obviously others who know her better than I do thought the same or they wouldnt have retired her ).   I am saying what was done is morally unethical, but you are the one  who cant seem to grasp my point.  You cant even make your point without slinging insults around . Grow up.

She was never officially retired.
I just checked her record and her card has never been marked as retired.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 5:12pm
I can’t see what the big issue is here... the horse is happy. The new owners are happy.

The old owners lost all there rights when they traded her for a bag of cash... talk about money??? The owners and previous trainer sold out on her.

Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 5:19pm
The world has bigger issues than someone having regret over selling a horse.
Atreus View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atreus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 5:51pm
Waller and Weir adding ever more good horses to their stable is bad for the game.  They control too many good horses already

Time to follow Hong Kong's lead and limit the number of runners per stable.  HK's limit is 60 runners per stable.  The limit in Australia could be higher than 60 but not massively higher as a trainer does not have time to train much more than 60

The Waller and Weir stables need to be broken up for the good of the game.  Do that and this issue is solved as Single Gaze will be one of the first out the door and off to a new trainer
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 5:57pm
beep...beep...beep... this is a recording.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by Atreus Atreus wrote:

Waller and Weir adding ever more good horses to their stable is bad for the game.  They control too many good horses already

Time to follow Hong Kong's lead and limit the number of runners per stable.  HK's limit is 60 runners per stable.  The limit in Australia could be higher than 60 but not massively higher as a trainer does not have time to train much more than 60

The Waller and Weir stables need to be broken up for the good of the game.  Do that and this issue is solved as Single Gaze will be one of the first out the door and off to a new trainer

The owners send them the horse because they win races.

Capping horse numbers on Australia will never happen.
It only applies in Hong Kong because of limited space as everyone is crammed into the same location. You could not possibly jam every horse trainer in Australia into Flemington could you?
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by Overseer Overseer wrote:

That's it Rodent - keep attacking the person and making it personal.

You do share a lot in common with Dothraki me thinks - Josh Parr was right.

Over 17,000 posts in 6 years doesn't leave much time for you to interact with your friends? Oh...that's right.

Good to see you back in your very best form Overseer. How's the corruption stuff coming along? You've been wrong so often you're way overdue. 

Feel free to explain how my invitation to Bonjour is a personal attack whenever you get some spare time away from your naval gazing conspiracy invention. 
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 6:00pm
Sounds like you’re just jealous
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Originally posted by Bonjour Bonjour wrote:

Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Originally posted by Bonjour Bonjour wrote:

I think you are being too polite AA, I have been on this racing site for quite some years, I used to respect many of these posters, they earned that respect by learned and interesting posts, however on this issue they have lost me, anyone who supports Waller over this, well I shall abstain from saying what I would like to, to save Gay the energy of editing...heavily. Now Waller has turned it around and put it on poor Kathy O'Hara, ''she'll tell us if she's had enough''....please spare me, this from the same man that openly told the press he was trialling that grand mare Catkins after a poor run, I need to see her trial so she can tell us if sh'e had enough''......maybe he should have asked Liam Prior what to do, Liam, yes Liam....google him, Waller also said, if I didn't take her some one else would, and I already train for Mr Yoshida......Mr Yoshida, well, we will never know if it was him or his advisors that put this plan into action, if it's Mr Yoshida he knows the fall out, just a business decision some of you say.....you are dealing with a wonderful, sensitive, breathing entity with Single Gaze, many of us earn our living out of these creatures, wouldn't it be lovely that for once their well being and comfort is taken into account? they give their lives for us, lets respect that. #Rangirangdoo

Prior, lol, talk about clutching at straws. Your bias against Waller is palpable Bonjour and does nothing for your point of view on this issue, which is little more than a passing shower in a teacup. 
Why 3BM, the blokes a flea, fleas stick you see, as an owner I would stare well clear of what went on now we all know the truth, as the name befits, there is none so blind than those that cannot see.

Waller's a flea? Please expand. Because Rangirangdoo broke down?Because he re-employed Prior? Because he trialled Catkins? The floor is all yours.
Nah 3BM, Prior is the flea, Waller though re-hired the flea, you see you hang with them you hang with them.......what a low life Prior is/was, it was one of the lowest tricks in racing, however we are digressing 3BM, the contentious issue here is, I'm wondering if there is any trainer out there that would stand morally and politely deflect Mr Yoshida by pointing out the mare was reputed to be 'finished as a racing prop' and would be better suited being let down and covered by a leading stallion and heading off to a lovely green paddock'...well that was what Nick thought.....I would have liked to see Waller take that road, he would have risen in my estimation, instead he took the mercenary road 3BM....many would, but I'd ride shotgun for those that may not......I've said my piece, I will ride off now, but I can hear the posse, can I outrun them, the devil loves a Lynch mob, Chris knows that.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 6:30pm
I love your passion for horses Bonjour even if I don't agree with many of your comments.

Prior made a terrible decision, no doubt egged on by the far "wiser" other party involved. I don't know the bloke, doubt very much you do, but if Waller and others think he deserved another chance then I'll go with their judgement because they know the bloke well. Your bias has you attacking the wrong bloke here though I reckon. 

IF giving Single Gaze one last prep is an issue (don't see why it would be) then why aren't you flogging the bloke who apparently broke a verbal agreement and is actually the one pulling the strings. Can't see much if anything wrong in Waller's actions but I can see that he's the meat in the sandwich. 

If SG shows no enthusiasm they'll pull the pin. Waller's undoubtedly a better trainer than Olive so who knows he might get her a deserved G1 win although I doubt it myself.
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 6:59pm
Question for those who follow sales prices /breeding more closely than I.
Would there have been much of a price discrepancy if she had been sold as a racing/breeding proposition as against a breeding proposition only?
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 7:13pm
Just taking a line through the recent sales on the gold coast Softy.

If you see a mare like silent sedition go for $1.5 million I think it was, then Single Gaze would have to be close to her price that Yoshida brought her for of $1.6 million.

I am huge fan of both mares, and I would say the owners have lost about $200,000 at most, by not going through the sale ring!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 9:11pm
Cheers thanks Voyager, i wasn’t sure of her purchase price or if others thought it represented fair value in light of recent events.
Mr Yoshida may end up with a cheap broodmare or Nick Olive May be vindicated in his decision to retire her. It would be interesting to hear his thoughts on why he thought she should be retired ( not sure if it was mentioned in radio links provided ).
As we know everything in racing is a gamble so hopefully all parties will come out in front.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 9:39pm

Find someone who cares. I tried telling you exactly what was happening.

LOL  Stuff like this ^ is like kindergarten time .
You tried telling me ??   Like I would listen to you .    Of all the people on here you would be the last person I would pay any attention to.  

Edited by Gay3 - 21 Jun 2018 at 9:48pm
animals before people.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 9:49pm

Please refrain from personal attacks Disapprove
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 12:03am
3blindmice, my thoughts exactly. The Australian public are behind this grand little mare and those of us who love racing and do so mainly because we admire the majesty and heart of the TB would abhor seeing this girl go astray. Especially when the sellers felt she should no longer be on the track. Single Gaze epitomises the Aussies love for a special character. Those who see it all as nothing but a cleverly conducted ruse and business transaction should perhaps invest their time, money and business acumen in something that does not feel, oblige and breathe?
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 10:42am
Hard to see a race for her. Tries her guts out but continually comes up short at WFA as she has no turn of foot. A Cups campaign would look flat out mean, IMO.

Epsom or Toorak, perhaps?
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 11:06am
He will probably race her in the same races as Winx
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 11:25am
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

Hard to see a race for her. Tries her guts out but continually comes up short at WFA as she has no turn of foot. A Cups campaign would look flat out mean, IMO.

Epsom or Toorak, perhaps?

You're right. She's going to be hard to place. Myer Classic might be the go. Set weights isn't it?

Alternatively some of the Sydney WFA races. Craven are worth good money. Or Follow Winks and race for 2nd as most good ones will dodge her.
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 3:57pm
Sorry,Didn’t mean it as personal, just how I see it. Not aimed at anybody in particular. I just tend to be candid. We spend time and money in the industry because we enjoy the atmosphere and respect the horses. It’s a shame you can’t trust people to do the right thing, which is what happened here. An agreement not put in writing is still an agreement? Anyway, what will be, will be
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by tanbon tanbon wrote:

Sorry,Didn’t mean it as personal, just how I see it. Not aimed at anybody in particular. I just tend to be candid. We spend time and money in the industry because we enjoy the atmosphere and respect the horses. It’s a shame you can’t trust people to do the right thing, which is what happened here. An agreement not put in writing is still an agreement? Anyway, what will be, will be

They did have an agreement in writing, it was to transfer both racing and breeding rights to the purchaser.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

They did have an agreement in writing, it was to transfer both racing and breeding rights to the purchaser.

Have you actually seen that written agreement, or are you just saying ?
animals before people.
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 4:57pm

this is not a case where they sold a horse cheaply,because they thought the new owners bought it for recreational purposes,when their intentions were always to race it.
They sold it for well over a million bucks.
Nothing has been raised to suggest there is any reason why it's unreasonable to give her another prep.
He didn't miss her in her last prep, now she's too fragile to even contemplate racing her again?
mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 4:58pm
Apparently was a verbal agreement not to race

If the now owner can't keep his word then shame on him
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 5:01pm

Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

Have you actually seen that written agreement, or are you just saying ?

That’s what was on the contract of sale.
The clause to sell breeding rights only and exclude racing rights was not included.
Therefore the purchaser has exclusive rights to the horse
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by mc41 mc41 wrote:

Rule 1 when selling something is Always get it in writing
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 6:09pm
So you have  actually seen this in black and white, Shawy ?    Or are you repeating what another person has said ?
animals before people.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 6:30pm

So you have  actually seen this in black and white, Shawy ?    Or are you repeating what another person has said ?

I have it on very good authority, from a party involved.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by mc41 mc41 wrote:

Certainly appears to be one party's understanding MC.
monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 9:47pm
To be honest, I think Nick ran her into the ground. Really, did you need to run this girl in The Melbourne Cup? So for him to say that she had nothing left, that was on his watch. He is in the ownership so he took the $$$$$ so stop sooking and move on!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>