Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Islamic Terror - a few home grown nuts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 117>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 11:13am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Looks like they were pretty quick off the mark out saving souls, whether they wanted saving or not. Never went back apparently, but why would you?

much like timor, grenada, laos, nicaragua, el salvador and chile, ...

who knows what they would have turned out like without being saved from themselves. isnt that right PT ?

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 11:18am
Then why did Francis apologize to South American indigenous and Benedict admit that ''shadows accompany the work of evangelizing? 

Maybe the end justifies the means? Does that apply to democratization also?
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 11:29am

Then why did Francis apologize to South American indigenous and Benedict admit that ''shadows accompany the work of evangelizing? 

just playing the dev again PT. get use to it.

he apologised because it was a catastrophic sin in the name of christ. just like those usa govt conquests of those poor countries was a massive crime in the name of power and profit.

you criticise one but find a pathetic lame excuse for the other.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 11:46am
What is the difference between evangelizing and democratizing those same countries, especially when both processes were imposed at the same time?
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 12:31pm
A long read from a greek orthodox site that covers their persecution since way back up til recently. For anyone who cares enough to look into it. Helps to understand a lot of current problems in the world if you know the background.
http://www.serfes.org/orthodox/memoryof.htm

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 12:32pm
(I should say the persecution of orthodox christians of all kinds, usually by...)
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

he apologised because it was a catastrophic sin in the name of christ. just like those usa govt conquests of those poor countries was a massive crime in the name of power and profit.

Why? Just give your own opinions, or own up to them rather than using devils advocate line, which can easily be misconstrued as a cop-out.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

(I should say the persecution of orthodox christians of all kinds, usually by...)

Is Egypt the same?

The way I see Egypt is that Egypt, like Iraq and Syria where religious tolerant(as much as they could in a rough neighborhood) and the Islamists(exported from SA in their '' proxy war'' against Iran) have had trouble fomenting unrest through sectarian sunni v Shia tension as they have done in several other Nth African and ME countries. 

Syria is gone for them and Iraq will follow with Russia/US doing a deal. The Islamists are looking for somewhere else to go but need high tension and a power vacuum to succeed in infiltrating 

After failed attempts over the last 3-4 years( cover of Arab Spring/Obama offshore balancing ) and they are putting in another big effort this time targeting the Coptic minority first. I think this will escalate quickly as they move/expand from Iraq/Syria. 

Could be just a lot of nonsense though
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Why? Just give your own opinions, or own up to them rather than using devils advocate line, which can easily be misconstrued as a cop-out.

What brought you here...The christians?

they are my posts, my style. piss off.

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 2:03pm
Re the coptic christians in egypt:
http://www.mei.edu/content/copts-under-morsi-leave-them-church

If anyone bothers to read the links I've put up you might see that orthodox christians have been treated like pests for centuries - by muslims, fellow christians, communists etc etc, and they are still considered pests today. They are despised by the powerful and neglected by the western media. What is happening to christian minorities in egypt and other places should be getting the attention of the world, but no... who cares about that lot?
Who is helping these people? Who is even talking about it? More trendy things to care about I guess.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 2:18pm
I lost family members in that stuff and parts of my family ended up here as a result of it in the 20's 

I don't think this is related, rather this is the ongoing Sunni/Shia divide, Saudi/Iran proxy war in full swing. Same as in Syria, Yemen Iraq. Coptics are just an easy target to set things off and create chaos.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 2:28pm
The Coptic Christians supported the overthrow of Morsi, so el-Sisi has a moral commitment to them. Trump very publicly committed to el-Morsi last week on his visit to Washington

What is happening now is like someone kicking your dog to get you to fight them. Every Islamist group will test Trump out soon
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 2:32pm

If anyone bothers to read the links I've put up you might see that orthodox christians have been treated like pests for centuries - by muslims, fellow christians, communists etc etc, and they are still considered pests today. They are despised by the powerful and neglected by the western media. What is happening to christian minorities in egypt and other places should be getting the attention of the world, but no... who cares about that lot?
Who is helping these people? Who is even talking about it? More trendy things to care about I guess.

you are right. christian persecution isnt trendy. the moral high ground taken by the usual suspects left them in its wake.

It was intersting seeing the responses to luke foleys tweet calling for the protection of coptics. it was a combo of good will and relief that finally a politician publically stood up for persecuted christians too.

http://www.aidtochurch.org

subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 2:41pm

What exactly do you want people to do? Do you want a hashtag? A protest?
There are so many minority groups suffering all over the world, it's simply unfair to expect everything to get similar coverage here. It doesn't mean it's being ignored, most simply wouldn't know. Church is rather powerful worldwide, is it not? Anything they can do rather than a lazy snipe at SJW's and lefties which your last comment is clearly aimed at.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 3:19pm
PT, exactly - once again they are being treated like dogs by the latest power players around them. Happens over and over again, but they never get the attention they deserve. It's all about the big guys causing the mess.
Cabo, thanks for that link to ACN. I usually don't trust charities but that looks fantastic and I'll set up a regular donation.
Sub, I would simply like the plight of all christians minorities being persecuted right now to get more media attention - and simple things like making people aware of that organisation cabo linked to, for example. And yes, I'm sick to death of SJWs carrying on about gender rubbish, islamophobia, racism in sport blah blah blah when there are much more real and important things to care about. Or at least HEAR about every now and then!
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 3:41pm
Aim your targets elsewhere, Stayer. You are miles off here. To somehow make a correlation between things society can change, like racism in sport, islamophobia, gender "rubbish" (your words) to things way beyond the control of 'SJW's' like stopping persecution of Coptic Christians in Egypt, is lazy and unfair.

subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 3:51pm
Why aren't you angry at all the prominent Oz politicians that are openly religious and have said nothing? Why aren't you angry at the Church?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 5:30pm
the support for palestine against israel occupation and persecution must be a total waste of time.

that movement should focus on unisex toilets in the gaza strip.

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

The Middle East, the origin of Christianity, is now 4% Christian ....

What about the origins of the Inca, the Aztec, the Sioux, Zulu or Palawa? How's Christianity faring there after pretty much obliterating any cultures and religions that got in it's way? Since the Crusades and until the discovery of oil Christians weren't too concerned with the ME. More money to be made elsewhere.

I feel very sorry for the Aztec population of Adelaide ... the constant chiming of church bells must really piss them off!!!

Could you come up with a more ludicrous argument to support the Islamification of the entire planet???Wacko
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 5:45pm
christians and oil doc. $$$$

didnt know saudi's were christian.

muslim banks - $2 trillion in assets a few years ago. they advertise any corporate service you want. $$$$

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

what dumb ass point are you trying to make.

Judaism originated in the ME, they are now 1.6% of the population, so what ?

Ummmm, nothing really, but just in case you are so slow that you have not noticed, Muslims continue to vilify and eradicate infidels over the entire planet ... just sayin' Wink

Oh, and I don't give a sh!t what happened during the crusades or the 1770's or even what caused the demise of the Aztecs ... the danger is now, and it's clear 

... unless of course you are heavily invested in businesses that manufacture or import prayer mats and shisha pipes.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 5:57pm

What about the origins of the Inca, the Aztec, the Sioux, Zulu or Palawa? How's Christianity faring there after pretty much obliterating any cultures and religions that got in it's way? Since the Crusades and until the discovery of oil Christians weren't too concerned with the ME. More money to be made elsewhere.

I feel very sorry for the <span style="font-size: 13.6px;">Aztec population of </span><span style="font-size: 12px;">Adelaide ... the constant chiming of church bells must really piss them off!!!</span>
<span style="font-size: 12px;">
</span>
<span style="font-size: 12px;">Could you come up with a more ludicrous argument to support the Islamification of the entire planet???Wacko</span>

Islamification of the entire planet? Could you come up with a more ludicrous argument? Oh wait, silly question...5,4,3,2...
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 5:58pm

muslim banks - $2 trillion in assets a few years ago. they advertise any corporate service you want. $$$$

Christians are greedy, nobody said they are smart!

As for Muslims and Banks, you may have to ask Sonny Bill W for some clarification on that ...?Confused
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 6:03pm

I feel very sorry for the <span style="font-size: 13.6px;">Aztec population of </span><span style="font-size: 12px;">Adelaide ... the constant chiming of church bells must really piss them off!!!</span>
<span style="font-size: 12px;">
</span>
<span style="font-size: 12px;">Could you come up with a more ludicrous argument to support the Islamification of the entire planet???Wacko</span>

Islamification of the entire planet? Could you come up with a more ludicrous argument? Oh wait, silly question...5,4,3,2...

Oh, I see, you are so naive that you think they will stop at Western Sydney, so Adelaide is obviously safe ... Embarrassed

Listen, I'm not trying to be condescending, I understand that you have no appreciation of the problem, but it would be fair to others if you admitted to that ... otherwise your comments just becomes misleading, and I'm sure you don't want that.Smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 6:12pm

Christians are greedy, nobody said they are smart!

As for Muslims and Banks, you may have to ask Sonny Bill W for some clarification on that ...?Confused

Whats sonny doing? fight gallen so i can make some $ on him. inshallah.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 6:27pm
A New Zealand Rugby spokesperson told radio station Newstalk ZB that dual international Williams had lodged a conscientious objection to displaying the Bank of New Zealand (BNZ) logo.

It has been interpreted as a religious stand by Williams - a devout Muslim - who was playing his first match in the 15-man game since the 2015 World Cup final after recovering from a ruptured Achilles tendon suffered at the Rio Olympics.

In reaction to comment on social media, Williams tweeted on Sunday: "In regards to my jersey during the game I'll clarify the situation during the week."

Sharia prohibits acceptance of specific interest or fees for loans of money ... unless you observe TAQIYYA ... and then you just go to the bank with the best rate!!!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 6:32pm

<span style="color: rgb29, 29, 29; font-family: merriweather, georgia, serif; font-size: 17px;">A New Zealand Rugby spokesperson told radio station Newstalk ZB that dual international Williams had lodged a conscientious objection to displaying the Bank of New Zealand (BNZ) logo.</span>

<p style="-sizing: border-; margin: 0px 0px 1em; padding: 0px 60px 0px 0px; border: 0px; font-variant-numeric: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 17px; line-height: 1.625; font-family: merriweather, georgia, serif; vertical-align: line; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; color: rgb29, 29, 29;">It has been interpreted as a religious stand by Williams - a devout Muslim - who was playing his first match in the 15-man game since the 2015 World Cup final after recovering from a ruptured Achilles tendon suffered at the Rio Olympics.

<span style="color: rgb29, 29, 29; font-family: merriweather, georgia, serif; font-size: 17px;">In reaction to comment on social media, Williams tweeted on Sunday: "In regards to my jersey during the game I'll clarify the situation during the week."</span>
<span style="color: rgb29, 29, 29; font-family: merriweather, georgia, serif; font-size: 17px;">
</span>
<span style="color: rgb29, 29, 29; font-family: merriweather, georgia, serif; font-size: 17px;">
</span>

<span style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">Sharia prohibits acceptance of specific </span><span style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">interest</span><span style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;"> or fees for loans of </span><span style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">money ... unless you observe TAQIYYA ... and then you just go to the bank with the best rate!!!</span>

he probably asked for the female team physio not to touch him too. id clarify it for him if i was in charge...if you dont like the logo sonny you dont wear it. keep your track suit on.
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 6:35pm
You can come out of your bunker Doc. The military and industrial powerhouses on this planet remain decidedly non-Muslim. Imminent conquest isn't something you need be particularly concerned about. That 2% can't cause too much problems at the ballot boxTime to stop listening to the little voices.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 6:44pm
Yes sub. Thanks for enlightening me. I'll start a t-shirt range #Gender Trumps Genocide. The least I can do about the real problems facing the world.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 6:49pm

Yes sub. Thanks for enlightening me. I'll start a t-shirt range #Gender Trumps Genocide. The least I can do about the real problems facing the world.

take subs lead...fight for the persecution of beer cartons. not slaughtered christians having their throats slit and houses burned down.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 117>