Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

AFL 2017/2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 10:36am
Keen on Pies 1-39 today and might roll it into Tigers 1-39, but not as confident with that game, think my Lions can give them a big fright, might take Brisbane with a start, got to think about it
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 11:39am
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Originally posted by Ecair Issoire Ecair Issoire wrote:

Btw sport_bet do that boost thing on all afl markets
Once per market - so that $8 could be boosted to $10 for example
Correct Eccair. Unfortunately I used my Power Play early days when odds were much shorter. $2.80 to $3.20 I think before first round. I have kept backing them each week so have got plenty on at great odds over past few weeks. I would think price would be $4 or less now when market reopens. Also got Fyffe going for plenty e/w (top 3) in Brownlow. Cheers
Spot on.... into $4 this morning with SB
Refer ALP Election Promises
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 6:34pm
Gotta laught at the girls who call and commentate on football, trying to be clones of the men only more butch and ocker.  Pathetic really
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by Heavy10 Heavy10 wrote:

Keen on Pies 1-39 today and might roll it into Tigers 1-39, but not as confident with that game, think my Lions can give them a big fright, might take Brisbane with a start, got to think about it

Pies might win if they stop the incessant handballing once they get in the 50m...

overdone to death...

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 7:35pm
that last play sums up how we play...haven't been near the forward line for ten minutes...Moore finally gets it...and kicks backwards...

sorry, Bucks...love ya, but time to go...and quick...

Toll Road View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toll Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

that last play sums up how we play...haven't been near the forward line for ten minutes...Moore finally gets it...and kicks backwards...

Moore is going to find out how bad Cloke had it the last few years under Buckley and his game plan. I didn't like Cloke senior coming out and bagging Collingwood or Buckley the other week in defence of Travis. But he was right Travis & Moore are both disadvantaged by the way the Collingwood midfield get the ball into the forward line. Cloke was right the game plan needs to change to get the ball into the forwards faster instead of the midfielders stuffing around with. Buckley will be gone at the end of the year and it wouldn't surprise me to see Collingwood make a play for Paul Roos. Don't think they'll get him but they'll try
Toll Road View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toll Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Gotta laught at the girls who call and commentate on football, trying to be clones of the men only more butch and ocker.  Pathetic really
Agree Whale the woman's season is over and I'm a little over channel 7 and the AFL pushing the woman footy down our throats still. Daisy Pearce was average today but in saying that so was Hamish McLachlan
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 1:37am
Originally posted by Toll Road Toll Road wrote:

Moore is going to find out how bad Cloke had it the last few years under Buckley and his game plan. I didn't like Cloke senior coming out and bagging Collingwood or Buckley the other week in defence of Travis. But he was right Travis & Moore are both disadvantaged by the way the Collingwood midfield get the ball into the forward line. Cloke was right the game plan needs to change to get the ball into the forwards faster instead of the midfielders stuffing around with. Buckley will be gone at the end of the year and it wouldn't surprise me to see Collingwood make a play for Paul Roos. Don't think they'll get him but they'll try

agree...but in the same breath, Moore is vastly overrated...we actually don't have a forward line at all...

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by Ecair Issoire Ecair Issoire wrote:

Predictions:....Premiers - Hawthorn.....

Ecair, suspect that might be an Oops.  Embarrassed
Ecair Issoire View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecair Issoire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 11:10pm
How so? We are tracking along nicely for the 2020 flag 👍

Obv disappointed with how they've played last 2 weeks and Expect a much better showing next week. If it turns out to be a loss it'll be much more competitive : I think.
Toll Road View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toll Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 3:13pm

agree...but in the same breath, Moore is vastly overrated...we actually don't have a forward line at all...

Moore is young skinny kid who is still learning his trade. He'll get better as he grows and fills out. That is going to take time as he isn't a young beast like Jessie Hogan. Moore is also disadvantaged with Cloke now gone. Moore gets the best defender each week making his job as a forward even harder. The problem for Moore is  he's a forward playing in a very average side. Put him in a good side with other crack forwards to learn off and you'd see a different player.
Toll Road View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toll Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 3:19pm

I'm a Melbourne fan but I have to say I did love watching the footy on the weekend. Sydney goes down to West Coast.  mind you I don't think that Sydney are playing all that poorly, they've been stiff in some of the games so far this year.  Then the highlight for me Hawthorn had their brains kicked in by Geelong on Monday. Nothing better than seeing the Hawks get rolled and watching their fans go off their rockers in the stands. The crossovers to Clarkson were priceless to watch Thumbs Up

saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 3:21pm

Moore is young skinny kid who is still learning his trade. He'll get better as he grows and fills out. That is going to take time as he isn't a young beast like Jessie Hogan. Moore is also disadvantaged with Cloke now gone. Moore gets the best defender each week making his job as a forward even harder. The problem for Moore is  he's a forward playing in a very average side. Put him in a good side with other crack forwards to learn off and you'd see a different player.

Moore needs to stop looking at himself on the big screen and get on with playing footy. I bet there is at leadt one mirror in every room of his house. Loves looking at himself.
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 3:21pm
Least
Toll Road View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toll Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 3:25pm
I reckon his old man would have been the same always looking at himself.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecair Issoire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 7:33am
1:1 Freo have looked the real deal last 2 weeks: comfortably beating the reigning premiers and an away win v a good team. Tonight a game they should win; hope they go on with it for you & me as they'll be carrying a couple of my $ to cover the 11.5 pts.

My top 8 now that the season is beginning to sort itself out.

Crows
Cats
Giants
Richmond
West coast
Dogs
Freo
Melb or port

Top 3 could be in any order as could the next 3..but theyll look the top 6 to me.
Showing some faith in the Tigers: they look a lot better this yr, imo. Playing With belief and like a team for a change.
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 4:49pm
Come on you Lions!
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 8:32am
Let's just play finals footy now

Last 4

Crows
GWS
Bulldogs
Geelong/ Richmond
EAD
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 10:05am
GWS are the best team in the comp. I have no idea who the second best is.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecair Issoire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 1:55pm
They got bashed up rd 1 away to ade and beaten not much since
If you rate the swans on what they've done this yr.
Ade have looked very solid

Very early days in this yr: but Adelaide the form team at the minute.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 2:28pm
I think St Kilda is a reasonable bet at $2.70.  You never know with them but if they can get their kicking boots on, and they love Etihad Stadium
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

I think St Kilda is a reasonable bet at $2.70.  You never know with them but if they can get their kicking boots on, and they love Etihad Stadium

Never a chance, Geelong may be better than I thought
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecair Issoire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 9:25am
Geelong have won 23 of past 28 h & a games with a % around 150.
As good a record as any team & I think they are slightly underrated.

Heavy do you give your team (the lions) a hope this week.. Big odds and a big headstart..
They have been better this yr; hope they can keep going the right direction
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 6:08pm
I was a week early, I knew St Kilda would get it together soon, only against Hawthorn though but still Smile
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 6:20pm
My blue baggers playing well today cmon boys
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 7:59pm

Eddie can be CEO of 9 with zero experience coaching Collingwood will be a walk in the park.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 8:05pm
Only Eddie can make Collingwood great again.Clap
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 8:10pm
Long year ahead for Sydney supporters.. ...
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 8:39pm
And Hawks supporters. You just can't stay up year in year out in this comp. Just hope for a brief dip, like Freo 2016.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 9:27pm
The Woods, as expressed earlier, are short on talent.

Thank goodness we have the Hawks and Swans, neither of which can fly, to deflect attention from the under-performing peckers.  Star
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>