Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

AFL 2017/2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 19>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 8:17pm
I don't really need to contribute the fact that the word "Soccer Hooligan" has been a recognised part of the vocabulary in most languages the world over, for decades ... do I?

Comparisons of the violence in soccer crowds, with a couple of old drunks losing their balance and falling over each other is laughable ... Why is this even a discussion?LOL
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Straight Connector View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight Connector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 10:18am
I find it laughable that you need to revert to ancient stereotypes to attempt to diminish the issues you have within your culture.

Such as racism: https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/port-adelaide/father-of-woman-accused-of-throwing-banana-at-eddie-betts-says-she-is-being-demonised/news-story/0e0c01e106db4eb6b5097dc4f8c1a3fd & https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/infamous-afl-racism-incidents-20170411-gviw4p.html;

violence against women: https://www.watoday.com.au/national/western-australia/fremantle-dockers-fan-who-punched-woman-now-jailed-20151130-glbi3b.html

general crowd violence: https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/afl-crowd-violence-keeping-kids-and-families-away-says-fans-boss-20180602-p4zj3s.html

When has football in this country ever seen things like what has been highlighted here?

AFL Hooliganism is alive and well. Accept it. It is now part of your culture.
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 10:47am
Why don’t you start a thread on the A-League? You and the other 14 people in the country who follow it can discuss how well behaved your crowds are.

Spare us the code war garbage in here, mate.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight Connector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 11:14am
Gee, you guys really do have a hard time accepting things. Much easier to push it down & pretend it doesn't happen.

As long as the AFL continues to be a cesspool of racism, violence against women (players and fans) and disgraceful drunken behaviour, I feel as though I have the right to highlight it.

What is unfair about that? You can simply scroll past can't you?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 12:04pm
A "cesspool", eh? I think you may be exaggerating a touch. But that's part soccer "culture" I suppose...

Image result for neymar roll

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight Connector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 12:15pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 12:19pm
Lol. You want to compare the extent and frequency of “simulation” in soccer ro any other game on the planet?

#Neymarchallenge
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight Connector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 12:37pm
No, absolutely not. I didn't come here to highlight the play acting and diving that has become common place in your sport. Nor do I believe that it happens as much as it does in football. I can accept that and I hope that it is eradicated.

However, this is not and was not ever the point. You are simply trying to redirect the conversation into a more comfortable space, whilst completely oblivious to the overwhelming hypocrisy at the same time.

The conversation about the appalling behaviour at AFL games needs to be had. Despite how uncomfortable it may make you feel. The the first step to rectifying the problem is owning it.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 12:44pm
You came in here with your first post with a call to “ban” the game. And now you say you want a conversation. Go away, child.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight Connector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 1:35pm
C'mon mate, that was just a bit of BANter.

Obviously i dont want the game to be banned.

Could have your types rock up to peaceful football matches and tarnish it with drunken hooliganism and women bashing.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 1:58pm
Why not? Even those handful of incidents your all uspset about would provide enough fans to just about quadruple your A-League attendances. Beggars can’t be choosers.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight Connector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 2:31pm
OK, I would be happy to take on and attempt to re-educate your bogans to the norms of a modern civilized society, in return for the banning of this terrible influence.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by Straight Connector Straight Connector wrote:

I find it laughable that you need to revert to ancient stereotypes to attempt to diminish the issues you have within your culture.

Such as racism: https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/port-adelaide/father-of-woman-accused-of-throwing-banana-at-eddie-betts-says-she-is-being-demonised/news-story/0e0c01e106db4eb6b5097dc4f8c1a3fd & https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/infamous-afl-racism-incidents-20170411-gviw4p.html;

violence against women: https://www.watoday.com.au/national/western-australia/fremantle-dockers-fan-who-punched-woman-now-jailed-20151130-glbi3b.html

general crowd violence: https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/afl-crowd-violence-keeping-kids-and-families-away-says-fans-boss-20180602-p4zj3s.html

When has football in this country ever seen things like what has been highlighted here?

AFL Hooliganism is alive and well. Accept it. It is now part of your culture.

No racism in Soccer is almost as funny as no violence, since it is the reason for the violence!LOL

It is of course "humour" when the racists on CNN claim the World Cup for Africa! "... you don't get that tan in the South of France!" ... the guy saying it is allegedly a comedian so the assumption is it was humour - very hard to tell.

Gotta agree, there is very little violence against women at Soccer matches - the majority of the women are not allowed out of the house to attend with the men, when they are enjoying their "wog ball". 

Keep up the pointless trolling though ... beats watching soccer!Wink
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 10:24pm
By “norms” you mean “staying home”. Or “watching Netflix”. Which seems to be what most Ozzie Soccah fans are doing. Oh well, no one can stop them lighting their flares there.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 10:35pm
PS: My last involvement in soccer in Bankstown was when I turned up to watch the 2nd half of an u/10's prelim final between North Bankstown and Yagoona (IIRC?), to find a vacant field and be told that the match had been abandoned due to the threats to kill the referee and linesman from the North Bankstown mothers with tea towels on their heads ... only thing worse is a hysterical 150 kg Pacific Island Mum chasing an official the length of rugby league field to his car waving a broken fence paling after he raised the flag to disallow the winning try in the corner, by her son in the semi ... they don't have great stamina, but they are nippy! 

Due to the lack of ethnic influences, AFL enjoys the best culture of all of the football codes by ... by the length of the field! Tongue
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight Connector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 11:28am
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

PS: My last involvement in soccer in Bankstown was when I turned up to watch the 2nd half of an u/10's prelim final between North Bankstown and Yagoona (IIRC?), to find a vacant field and be told that the match had been abandoned due to the threats to kill the referee and linesman from the North Bankstown mothers with tea towels on their heads ... only thing worse is a hysterical 150 kg Pacific Island Mum chasing an official the length of rugby league field to his car waving a broken fence paling after he raised the flag to disallow the winning try in the corner, by her son in the semi ... they don't have great stamina, but they are nippy! 

Due to the lack of ethnic influences, AFL enjoys the best culture of all of the football codes by ... by the length of the field! Tongue

Cool story bro.. similar to like when this happened: https://au.news.yahoo.com/melbourne-umpire-attacked-brawl-footy-match-hoppers-crossing-36707930.html

But that actually happened. Your creative license is appreciated though.

I am starting to think that it's unfair to label AFL fans as hypocrites. I think the term 'moron' labels better.

And why do you have such a problem with brown people? References to towel heads, wog ball etc. Then doubling down suggesting that the best asset of the AFL is it's actual lack of culture hahaha Jesus Christ..

As for JH those attempts were quite frankly pathetic (esp considering some of your prior zingas, which weren't too bad). Don't fall to the Doc's level..
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 12:05pm
Well the Doc can (and does) speak for himself, but I thought that mine was rather an innocuous challenge yet here you are clutching your ankle, rolling around like you’ve been doused in petrol and set alight. Oh that’s right, soccer fan.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight Connector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 12:28pm
That's better, some wit instead of simple outright racist attacks. But to be fair, growing up in that environment he probably knows no better.

I believe the term is called 'staging'? Would hate to be referenced in the same space as the dirty divers hey?

So I wonder who will provide this weekend's disgraceful moment? A big bout of egg chasing occurs this Saturday I believe and from I can gather the Collingwood supporters aren't particularly bright. My money is on them.

But you can never count out a media personality implying rape (Hall where are you), or one advocating violence against women (McGuire, you have been quiet).

There are literally that many different avenues for you to disgrace yourself again, that I shan't be surprised with anything.

Maybe the Doc will throw a banana at an indigenous player... we know he doesn't like those types.

You are making the NRL folk look like angels. Crikey..
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 12:42pm
Wow, and here I was thinking this was some hapless trolling but this is really something of an obsession with you, isn’t it? Somewhat indicative of the well balanced approach to Aussie Rules of the Australian soccer fan- a chip on both shoulders.

Mate if your game can’t get its act together in this country lashing out won’t help. Suggest you look a little closer to home.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight Connector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 1:05pm
I really don't understand the need for that comment? Because someone has the audacity to highlight all these disgusting acts? You seem totally unwilling to even acknowledge any of it. Nought to do with lashing out. This holier-than-thou attitude is just one many problems you face.

This, just for lols: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-22/flare-let-off-adelaide-oval-raises-security-screening-concern/8733904

Bloody sokka hooligans..
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 1:37pm
It’s the only thing I can see that would be feeding your shrill hysteria. All those incidents have been condemned, some have lost their jobs some their memberships. Ordinary fans of any code shouldn’t have to take ownership of individual’s awful behaviour. So I won’t.

And how about some perspective? You mention a woman throwing a banana- more recently than that in Europe entire groups of fans have been barred from attending games, indeed some games have been played in empty stadia) due to repeat appalling and racist behaviour. Does this reflect on players, ordinary decent fans? You could have a field day posting links about poor crowd behaviour at soccer games around the globe.

But keep googling champ, and keep the confected outrage pumped up to 11. You might even convince yourself.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight Connector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 2:18pm
Mate, I am totally unwilling to discuss any international football incident. How is fair to compare incidents worldwide, when the sample size for this little game barely extends out of VIC?

There is no need to google to find anything. All of these incidents are so fresh in the mind. Which is incredible in this day and age.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 2:51pm

Cool story bro.. similar to like when this happened: https://au.news.yahoo.com/melbourne-umpire-attacked-brawl-footy-match-hoppers-crossing-36707930.html

I am starting to think that it's unfair to label AFL fans as hypocrites. I think the term 'moron' labels better.

And why do you have such a problem with brown people? References to towel heads, wog ball etc. Then doubling down suggesting that the best asset of the AFL is it's actual lack of culture hahaha Jesus Christ..

As for JH those attempts were quite frankly pathetic (esp considering some of your prior zingas, which weren't too bad). Don't fall to the Doc's level..

You don't know me.

FYI, I speak from experience, having played and volunteered in soccer, cricket, golf and AFL in Sydney for 50 years. From playing, running water, to coaching, managing and presiding over both juniors and seniors cubs in Sydney. I've had kids involved in junior talent programs ... seen it all, and booted sweethearts like yourself out of our club - you may have heard of the "No sweetheart Policy". 

I am scrupulously honest and only deal in the facts, whereas you are are clearly a blithering, never has, keyboard troll with a demented agenda.

I am also an excellent judge of character.

It's pointless you posting anything more, now that you have exposed yourself - your attempts to besmirched my good character is appreciated, but you are out of your league there as well.

You may as well fcuk off now.

bye. 

PS: Soccer is fcuked, has always been ruined by the insular self interested ethnic element that still runs it, and in spite of attempts to change cub names, always will be - sorry, just the facts! Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 3:17pm

Mate, I am totally unwilling to discuss any international football incident. How is fair to compare incidents worldwide, when the sample size for this little game barely extends out of VIC?

There is no need to google to find anything. All of these incidents are so fresh in the mind. Which is incredible in this day and age.

Aah, sample size. Well given AFL crowds dwarf A-League, doesn’t your logic apply there too. And sample size might be bigger again in Europe but then so is the scale of the racism.

You’re really struggling now.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 3:25pm
... indeed!Wacko

Brought a knife to a gun fight!Embarrassed
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight Connector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 3:34pm

You don't know me.

FYI, I speak from experience, having played and volunteered in soccer, cricket, golf and AFL in Sydney for 50 years. From playing, running water, to coaching, managing and presiding over both juniors and seniors cubs in Sydney. I've had kids involved in junior talent programs ... seen it all, and booted sweethearts like yourself out of our club - you may have heard of the "No sweetheart Policy". 

I am scrupulously honest and only deal in the facts, whereas you are are clearly a blithering, never has, keyboard troll with a demented agenda.

I am also an excellent judge of character.

It's pointless you posting anything more, now that you have exposed yourself - your attempts to besmirched my good character is appreciated, but you are out of your league there as well.

You may as well fcuk off now.

bye. 

PS: Soccer is fcuked, has always been ruined by the insular self interested ethnic element that still runs it, and in spite of attempts to change cub names, always will be - sorry, just the facts! Wink

Wait, they've been playing AFL in Sydney for 50 years?? Contrary to this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_rules_football_in_New_South_Wales

Who needs fiction, when we have your 'facts'?

That was genuinely the only interesting (but ultimately untrue) thing about that entire rant. The aggressive nature of it, was of no surprise however.

Neither was your assertion that the efniks are to blame... aren't we always??? It's always the efniks with you. It's like it's a pattern.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 3:51pm
... having trouble with your English comprehension?

Sorry, I can't teach you anything more than I know ... if you care to surf the net for the next 50 years, you WILL be able to verify everything that I have schooled you on.

You're welcome.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight Connector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 4:25pm
Just couldn't resist one more racist attack?
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 5:08pm
Just couldn't resist being a victim?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight Connector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 5:27pm
Nah I am not a victim.

I hope I can say the same for all women and brown people who may go the match this weekend.

But with people with attitudes and beliefs like yours, I don't hold much hope.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 19>