Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

AFL 2017/2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 19>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarriSymbol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 9:36pm
I'd have Adelaide shorter than most.
ADEL 1.55
RICH 2.80

Happy with the 1.80 for Adelaide I got on at last night.
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 10:40pm
I want the Tigers to lose just to wipe that smirk of Jack Riewoldts face, he gelatis me up the wall
ncarter View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 4:16pm
More likely they will tear down afl headquarters if Cotchin doesn't get a week doc
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 4:29pm
Wrong decision by the MRP
What was the difference between Cotchins hit and the Dangerfield ban>
It's criminal. Cotchin should be fined $50,000 and hit with a 9 week ban.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 4:53pm
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 5:28pm
"If flags were awarded based on pedigree, just hand it to the Giants now! 

However, they will not show up when the finals blow torch is applied to their soft underbelly, they have no soul, no support base, and they are down hill skiers. Leon Cameron is no Hugh Bowman either!"

Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

They would tear AFL HQ down if anyone was to miss a GF based on an incident in a prelim ... just doesn't happen!Wink

Should be a great game, I think the supporters are fairly even in the feral/bogan stakes.

Adelaide are the favourites, but like the Swans last year, they need to come to the MCG and hope that the Umpires can overcome the emotion of the moment, and not get caught up in the pro- Tigers Cinderella Story.

... assuming that there are no major outs, Crows by less than a goal, with Jack R kicking a point from a set shot after the siren. Cry

Well, at least I got a couple of things right this season!LOL

Always remember this one ... lucky he had such a pristine record!Wink

Hall cleared to play in grand final

September 20, 2005 - 8:56PM

Barry Hall punching Matt Maguire.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/afl/hall-cleared-to-play-in-grand-final/2005/09/20/1126982057281.html
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
ncarter View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 3:07am
Cotchin ran thru a bloke with his head bent down picking up the ball and collected him high, concussed him and put him out of the game for 3/4qrts, arguably their best player too. If that's not enough to at least get a fine and miss a week I don't know what is. After the afl keep saying the head is sacrosanct, it's a huge joke that they suddenly change the rules to suit their own agenda.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 2:57pm
Different rules for finals ... always has been.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by ncarter ncarter wrote:

Cotchin ran thru a bloke with his head bent down picking up the ball and collected him high, concussed him and put him out of the game for 3/4qrts, arguably their best player too. If that's not enough to at least get a fine and miss a week I don't know what is. After the afl keep saying the head is sacrosanct, it's a huge joke that they suddenly change the rules to suit their own agenda.

Disagree. If Cotchin's intention was to run through Shiel, then a far more effective way (not to mention safer for Cotchin) to do so would be to keep is feet and use the hip and shoulder. I think he was making a genuine attempt to win the footy, which indeed he did. Certainly he braced for contact simultaneously but players do this all the time. And if they don't they should. Incidental contact, fair decision for mine.

As for the head being "sacrosanct", we saw earlier this year with Greene kicking Dalhaus in the face that this is not necessarily so in the contact is deemed incidental.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 8:53pm
Dangerfield gets suspended and can't win the Brownlow. Fair enough, but finishes 2nd, three votes behind a most worthy winner.

However in the round after resuming from his suspension in Round 20-odd Dangerfield has around 35 touches, 10 clearances, 10 tackles and two goals in a totally dominant performance.  And doesn't get the three votes, let alone two, or even one.

So there's four scenarios imo:

a. the umpires were instructed not to give him votes to avoid embarassment should he otherwise top the voting for the coveted medal;

b. the umpires themselves for whatever reason themselves decided not to award him votes; 

c. those same umpires were simply incompetent; or

d. three other players were considered better on the day.

Where's your money?

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2017 at 9:07pm
a. is 10's on
c. goes without saying, but they are not blind!

How tf did he get suspended for making that tackle anyway? ... embarrassingEmbarrassed
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 5:11pm
UBET promo offered yesterday was Adelaide 16+ @$3. Have abused it as usual.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 5:13pm
I hope Adelaide gives Richmond a spanking by 100 points plus
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 5:23pm
Do I hear an early CROW ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 5:42pm
I’m not a Crows supporter despite being from SA so I don’t care who wins? Just really hate Richmond and the feral supporters. Worse than the Barmy Army
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 6:33pm
Tigers on fire, should go on with it ... Dusty was way overs for Coleman!Wink

LMFAO ... 

Gai just had one in at Kembla called "Grand Finalist", starts 2's on in field of five, leads at all cost, "gives up meekly in the straight" runs 3rd - NTD.

"an each way chance"?LOL

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 6:38pm
She’s all over
I’m off to the pub, should be pretty quite out here tonight
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 6:47pm
A total carve up. Absolute dud of a finals series. Every game a hammering.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Umm...not sure who the one was getting abused E & E....however I don't think it was UBET !
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 10:32pm
Last year's flag winner (Western Bulldogs ?) was the under-dog as well. Today's game looked all over, well before the hooter, too.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 10:36pm

We did have a cracking draw though, and it was even better because the scummy Port Power ended up losing
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 9:03am
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 9:57am
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Umm...not sure who the one was getting abused E & E....however I don't think it was UBET !

They offer these promos. $25 max bet per customer. I abuse them and get multiple hundreds on. They don't all win but enough do to make plenty of cash.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 9:58am
Originally posted by Magnolian Khan Magnolian Khan wrote:

We did have a cracking draw though, and it was even better because the scummy Port Power ended up losing

Yeh that's true, there was one good game out of the 9 played.   
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 12:44pm
Well done Tiges but that was insipid from Adelaide. Smashed around the contests and second to the ball all day. Dud game.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 12:48pm
A dud game for the losers, perhaps.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 12:51pm
Or neutrals.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 12:55pm
I am certainly a neutral, but the object of the game is to win. You don't win by putting on an attractive spectacle, but finish behind on the scoreboard.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 12:57pm
Thanks for that insight max.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 1:04pm
I don't think you were a "neutral", judge !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 19>