Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Reject the ALP, Marxism and Anarchy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 58>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 12:36am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

How many referrals were there from the Trade Union Witch Hunt, and how many convictions? How quickly were people referred?

The egregious criminality of the banks and financial institutions brought damning indictments and recommendations. How are referrals going for prosecution Doc?

Morrison: Oh we are too busy with our ''Bill Shorten reign of terror'' fear campaign to deal with our friends. Maybe next year, but in the meantime they need a $35 billion tax gift to compensate them for the inconvenience Bill Shorten has put through.

At least they pay tax! ... not like those PARASITIC SELF-FUNDED RETIREES with a house and virtually nothing else!

It's OK, forget your Royal Commissions, Bill and Chris have them lined up for a 

RIGHT ROYAL REAMING!!!

Image result for pensioner assault victim
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 2:29am
How's Kermit Shorten looking as a future Prime Minister now?Embarrassed

or should that be; 

Dr Di Natale's Deputy Frog!!!LOLLOLLOL

THE DOCTOR WILL SEE YOU NOW ... NURSE!!!Tongue

So, Dr Phelps walks into Dr Di Nate's rooms in Nauru, and she's got this frog on her head!

Dr Di Natali asks "WELL, what have we got here?!"

... and Kermit Shorten says "I don't know Boss, it started as an innocent little pimple on my ASS!!!"Embarrassed

"MEDIVAC!!!!"

#nevershorten

In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 5:44am
I thought that the banking royal commission and what the findings could mean for your mortgage broker mate had knocked you around a bit doc but here you are not even a week later, back to normal, ranting and raving in the middle of the night like usual.   
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 9:26am
Good to see the giant pink letters are back. And his mummy bought him some nice green crayons too Smile
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 9:53am
Wow, that’s nonsensical,even by his standards.

But for the record, how is Shortern looking as PM.....

Shortern 1.21
Scomo 5.70

Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 2:34pm
Look out doc, they're coming! It says right here, retreat to your safe place before they get here!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 3:18pm
That’s all they can campaign on, I can’t work out why ALP don’t get their own debt bus to follow Scomo’s bus around the country.

Imagine if the ALP had trebled the national debt in their tenure!

And Doc, the value of your house is totally irrelevant

Briefly saw a bit of Q & A last night, the Lib spokesperson on the panel was saying how outrageous that a pensioner, with a SMSF earning $45k would miss out on $10k in franking credits.......

Huh?
they are earning $45k, paying no tax,got their hand out for a pension & scream they don’t get an additional gift of $10k

If that’s their argument, they are farked !
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 4:59pm
... or plant some Cattle in Nauru and call the Deputy Leader of the Opposition, Dr Phelps.

Cattle Industry Consider Planting A Refugee In Winton To Get Some Fukcen Government Attention

With Outback Queensland now in clean-up and recovery mode following the flood crisis where floodwaters inundated an area greater than the size of New South Wales, farmers are still wondering whether the Prime Minster knows.

This comes after the Australian government spent the entire week debating whether or not sick and dying asylum seekers should have access to treatment, a bill that was introduced by the independent candidate that was voted into power during the Wentworth By-Election which only happened because a couple of rich old men from a bunch of affluent beachside Sydney electorates couldn’t get along.

Debates over the MediVac bill have dominated the media cycle this week, while primary producers in the North West are left to deal with stagnating water and over 500,000 dead cows that starting to turn in the hot February sun.

The cattle, which were already suffering sever drough-stress after seven years without decent rain, were quick to go down when central and north-west Queensland suffered three years worth of rain in ten days.

Prime Minister Morrison is yet to offer any form of respite to the regions, and has instead been focused on bringing media cameras into him to church, in a hope to crowd out the less wholesome images of him being put over the barrel by Kerryn Phelps in Parliament.

One thing that is for certain, however, is that mainstream news and the greater population have been shielded from any of the images being sent down from up north, as some families see every fence and animal on their property destroyed by flood.

Out of options and lacking any support outside a Palaszczuk media appearance, the Queensland cattle industry have plotted a bold plan.

By planting a refugee in the waterlogged far-central-west town of Betoota, the farmers are expecting a wave of media cameras and government officials to arrive in the region by sun down.

“He’s actually pretty handy on the shovel” said one local publican, Bob Takker (75), who has provided accommodation to the 30-year-old Syrian brain surgeon providing he helps him clean up a bit.

“He’s done more for us in the last couple hours than Morrison has since August”

Organisers behind the radical political statement say it wasn’t that hard to find a refugee, considering the entire region is covered in water from Cloncurry to Burketown.

“We just took a jet ski up to South-East Asia.” said one local farmer, Greg Maudlington.

“You wanna talk bout borders, well the Gulf is just about scraping the Mt Isa this week”.

Our reporters approached The Nightwatchman for comment, but it appears he was too busy posting funny videos to Facebook in his Cronulla Sharks scarf.

Bill Shorten’s office said he was too busy googling colloquial Aussie expressions to use on the campaign trail.

Richard Di Natale is believed to be bushwalking in the Grampians.

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/uncategorized/cattle-industry-consider-planting-a-refugee-in-winton-to-get-some-kissen-government-attention/?goal=0_ac916ebeb2-6cd90a39c0-215844141&mc_cid=6cd90a39c0&mc_eid=1b8d058525

acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

That’s all they can campaign on, I can’t work out why ALP don’t get their own debt bus to follow Scomo’s bus around the country.

Imagine if the ALP had trebled the national debt in their tenure!

And Doc, the value of your house is totally irrelevant

Briefly saw a bit of Q & A last night, the Lib spokesperson on the panel was saying how outrageous that a pensioner, with a SMSF earning $45k would miss out on $10k in franking credits.......

Huh?
they are earning $45k, paying no tax,got their hand out for a pension & scream they don’t get an additional gift of $10k

If that’s their argument, they are farked !

You can happily live and pay all your bills on 45K a year ???    Serious ??
All house hold expenses.  Run air con and heat.  Keep a car maintained and on the road.  Insurances for car/house etc.  Groceries. Upkeep and repairs of house, and car. ( And hope it doesnt break down ).  Rates.  Medical expenses , some of which full price has to be paid.  Or, private health insurance .   Those that own their house and have a bit stashed back dont get pension money anyway.
Not much left to go out and enjoy life, but then I reckon you think those who have worked all their life, paid taxes to keep all the bludgers on the dole, and look after the refos, paid off their house, saved , etc shouldnt have a spare penny to enjoy retirement.  Just sit at home like a pauper and grow cobwebs .

animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 11:55pm
Oh yeah and dont lets forget that those who are OAPs now never got Govnt hand outs for child care back then.  You had a kid you looked after it.  You educated it.  You paid to see the doctor when it got sick.  You paid for its vaccinations and its schooling.  No help and hand outs from the Govnt.   No tax breaks either just for having a kid, and no baby bonus.   But still people budgeted and saved and paid their house off over many years and contributed to Super so they could at least have a decent life after work.  On piss poor wages too.  Nothing like you earn now.
I would love to see you manage on 45K a year,  I really would.
You have no idea.  You think you do, and you tell us you do, but you think you are clever when really you are just nasty and critical of people who dont live in your zone..
And before you start, I never had kids, and had a good start to my retirement , and dont need to worry wether I get tax breaks on shares, or not.  I am fine.  But I know many older folks who struggle to pay the bills after working and saving all their life, and by the time they pay they dont have much left to enjoy life.  Not like me, who can travel and do as I please.  So its not sour grapes, as related to me,  on my part
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 12:31am
In what way am I being nasty or critical?
It’s not like I said you clearly don’t understand the issue.

The example was someone whose SMSF earns 45k untaxed,plus an aged pension of 20k, then getting an additional gift of 10k.

No other nation in the world does this.

If the pensioner earning 45 untaxed gets a gift of 10k, why doesnt the pensioner who has no super also get a “refund “on tax they never paid as well?

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 8:37am

The example was someone whose SMSF earns 45k untaxed,plus an aged pension of 20k, then getting an additional gift of 10k.

If the pensioner earning 45 untaxed gets a gift of 10k, why doesnt the pensioner who has no super also get a “refund “on tax they never paid as well?

Because they don't have any franking credit and are a far greater cost to the government than self funded retirees.

Would the government prefer to have more people on the pension or more self funded retirees, ? Obvious and that says it all
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 8:42am
''Would the government prefer to have more people on the pension or more self funded retirees, ? Obvious and that says it all''

Why have Liberal govt's here opposed compulsory superannuation so strongly?

Modern Economic Theory?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 8:57am
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Because they don't have any franking credit and are a far greater cost to the government than self funded retirees.

Would the government prefer to have more people on the pension or more self funded retirees, ? Obvious and that says it all

Franking credits are designed to eliminate double taxing.
I understand 27 countries use this system.
Only one converts franking credits into cash.

In the example being discussed, all participants are pensioners.
If you have a self managed super fund, and receive a full pension,then by definition, you’re not a self funded retiree.....

It’s bizarre that anyone suggests that out of a pool of pensioners,the ones with the most assets in super, get the largest amounts of Government funds.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 9:14am
wow you must have looked far and wide for that example Clap

okay if they are on a government pension they should not receive a franking credit refund, how is that. But all self funded retirees should.

Next objection, waiting, waiting 

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 9:22am
Your so called example makes no sense, the $45,000 they are earning, I assume this is from the super fund.
Tpomake that sort of money you would need at least $1 million and therefore you would ot be eligible for a government pension 

FULL Age Pension: Since 1 July 2018, a single home-owner can hold $258,500 in assets before having the FULL Age Pension entitlement reduced, while a home-owning couple can hold $387,500 in assets before having the FULL Age Pension entitlement reduced. (From 1 July 2017 until 30 June 2018, a single home-owner could hold $253,750 in assets before having the FULL Age Pension entitlement reduced, while a home-owning couple can hold $380,500 in assets before having the FULL Age Pension entitlement reduced.)

PART Age Pension: Since 20 September 2018, a single home-owner can hold up to $564,000 in assets, before losing their small PART Age Pension entitlement, while a home-owning couple can hold up to $848,000 in assets before they lose their small PART Age Pension entitlement. (From 1 July 2018 until 19 September 2018, a single home-owner can hold up to $561,250 in assets, before losing their small PART Age Pension entitlement, while a home-owning couple can hold up to $844,000 in assets before they lose their small PART Age Pension entitlement.)

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 10:47am
And a lot of those assets are not cash, so they dont help pay the bills.  Most folks with super dont get a pension anyway.  unless their super is very very small.  those who have worked and scrimped and saved and  stashed it away for years so they have some money to enjoy retirement wont qualify for a pension because their assets probably include, for example,  a nice home and maybe a good 4x4 and caravan/boat, and mabe a holiday cottage .
I know there are a lot of retirees who have come to live here .  They have sold their huge fancy family size home in say Sydney, for a lot of money, and bought a small comfy home here, for about a thrid of that price,  so they have more money to play with , because they dont get any pension anyway, and its their way of allowing them cash to do a few things before they are too old .
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 8:32pm

wow you must have looked far and wide for that example Clap

okay if they are on a government pension they should not receive a franking credit refund, how is that. But all self funded retirees should.

Next objection, waiting, waiting 

No, as I explained earlier, this was the example that was quoted by the libs spokesperson on Q & A this week.

How about the franking credit is used as a credit for EVERYONE,and not a cash gift for ANYONE !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

And a lot of those assets are not cash, so they dont help pay the bills.  Most folks with super dont get a pension anyway.  unless their super is very very small.  those who have worked and scrimped and saved and  stashed it away for years so they have some money to enjoy retirement wont qualify for a pension because their assets probably include, for example,  a nice home and maybe a good 4x4 and caravan/boat, and mabe a holiday cottage .
I know there are a lot of retirees who have come to live here .  They have sold their huge fancy family size home in say Sydney, for a lot of money, and bought a small comfy home here, for about a thrid of that price,  so they have more money to play with , because they dont get any pension anyway, and its their way of allowing them cash to do a few things before they are too old .
taxation rates are based on incomes not assets.

Again, we are the only country in the world that gives tax "refunds" to those that pay no tax.

You want to change the pension so more people qualify, fine.
But this anomaly is illogical & unsupportable
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 8:45pm
Keep ignoring my points:

1 your example was flawed, who earns $45,000 income from shares. so over $1 million in shares and still gets a pension ?
2: would the government prefer self funded retirees or more people on the pension ?

It is okay though, I understand the psychology of envy, why should people who have worked 50 years be entitled to a comfortable existence, 30 and 40 year old should have it all Thumbs Up
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 9:43pm

Keep ignoring my points:

1 your example was flawed, who earns $45,000 income from shares. so over $1 million in shares and still gets a pension ?
2: would the government prefer self funded retirees or more people on the pension ?

It is okay though, I understand the psychology of envy, why should people who have worked 50 years be entitled to a comfortable existence, 30 and 40 year old should have it all Thumbs Up

Again, not my example, it was a Libs spokesperson.which is what prompted me to comment on it initially, as IMO the example they offered hardly advanced their point.

They are not self funded,if they are getting 10k, cash from the government.

Again, I’m happy to increase the pension rates,and to broaden the base so more qualify.

But this bit about franking credits turning into cash gifts is illogical.

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 10:15pm
Hey djebel, the Property Council of Australia recently commissioned the most comprehensive survey of its type since Labor released it's regressive Property Tax policies ... didn't seem to rate as "newsworthy" with Thier ABC (hope that they do better now that it's Ita's ABC!), SMH, The Age, AFR, Waleed, Channel 9, The Guardian, etc ... I guess 15,000,000 homeowners who will be affected wouldn't be interested in knowing the truth ...

Labor’s negative gearing changes will hurt investment, says Property Council of Australia

Labor’s negative gearing changes will help the tide go out on the entire property market and do nothing to pump demand for new property, industry group the Property Council of Australia says.

A Property Council-commissioned survey in January of just over 1000 respondents found the proportion of potential investors that were likely to buy a property in the next five years fell from 33 per cent under the current arrangements to 24 per cent under Labor’s proposed rules.

Labor has announced a policy that would allow negative gearing only for newly-built dwelling and increase capital gains tax for both new and established properties.

“These findings directly challenge the ALP’s key assumption that its property tax package will stimulate new housing supply and construction,” Property Council of Australia chief executive Ken Morrison said.

“These findings highlight the dangers of making big policy changes at this uncertain time in the property cycle,” he said.

“The ALP policy was first announced a few years ago when Australia’s residential property market was in a very different state. Since then, we’ve seen banks tighten up their lending, as well as changes to foreign investment rules, along with falls in residential property values in most markets.

“We are concerned that the proposed changes would drive away investors, which will affect the supply of new and established property to the rental market which is essential for one-third of Australian households,” Mr Morrison said.

Nearly half of those surveyed said Labor’s proposed changes would discourage them from investing in property. An even higher proportion (58 per cent) of those already investing in property said the changes would discourage them from investing further.

“Among potential investors, intention to buy an established property fell from 42 per cent under existing arrangements to 16 per cent under proposed changes,” a statement issued by the Property Council said.

“Potential investors’ appetite for any property investment fell from 50 per cent under existing arrangements to 20 per cent under proposed changes.”

The survey found that close to 75 per cent of investors used negative gearing, with nearly 80 per cent of investors using it in Queensland.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/property/labors-negative-gearing-changes-will-hurt-investment-says-property-council-of-australia/news-story/eabb62063309b9cf40d8ce95dd138c82?fbclid=IwAR2tmzrjXtztQYC_X_6rg46K53VIaUucipg_VH7zmi380iWuLSd84V1MSbQ

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 8:14am
Hahahaha
Poor old Doc just doesn't understand context.

Hands up anyone who is surprised by the stance the Property Council of Australia is taking on this issue.

Cmon Doc, pick up your game.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 10:24am
Ummm ... it's a survey ... poor old rusty doesn't like it when people answer relevant questions in a way he doesn't like.

Why would you question Labor when they TELL YOU that their Property Taxes are designed to push property values down?

You believe all their other fairy tales!Embarrassed
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 10:39am
Hahahaha,
A survey conducted by an entity with vested interest,the results can only come out one way.

And Doc, thinks it’s revealing something of substance.

Why don’t you tell us what your mate “Bushy” thinks about it....
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 10:41am

Hahahaha,
A survey conducted by an entity with vested interest,the results can only come out one way.

And Doc, thinks it’s revealing something of substance.

Why don’t you tell us what your mate “Bushy” thinks about it....

world renowned authority  LOL
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 10:45am
A Property Council commissioned survey of “potential investors” coming to the same conclusions as the Property Council. Well I for one am shocked...
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 10:52am
I think you've referenced your mate "Bushy" about 50 times - all I did was post an article along with about a dozen others that confirmed the same thing, but you don't seem to question? ... you are somewhat obsessed by him, aren't you!Embarrassed

So why don't you just take Labor's word for it?Confused 

... their policies are regressive, will push property values down, and will cause a slower recovery ... the perfect conditions for a recession!

The Labor/Greens promise those outcomes, because, you know "... it's fairer for the first home buyers in Sydney and Melbourne" 

Bill Shortens own words, not mine!

Is Bill a Liar?!Shocked

... but hey fcuk the 15,000,000 Australians who actually already have a property ...Thumbs Down

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 10:54am
Gotta be a winning policy when you align it with their Retirees Tax, and Stop Adani and Coal Mining!Thumbs Up
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 11:19am
Hey Doc, what do you think would be better, a system that gives as many people as possible to own their home or a system that allows those further up the ladder to own multiple investment houses and those further down perhaps being stuck in the rental cycle forever.

You rightards have been demonising the pension so surely you can connect the dots between increased home ownership at retirement and reducing the financial burden retirees carry.

IMO housing, along with health, education and banking should be viewed as services not as industries, naturally costs still need to be managed to control wastage but they all should be viewed as providing a service not a way to make a buck.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 58>