Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Reject the ALP, Marxism and Anarchy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 58>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 10:16am
Never mind Pee Tee we all realise extreme overuse of social media has addled your brain.
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 5:48pm

National Union of Workers official linked to fake Black Lives Matter Facebook page suspended

A high-ranking Australian union official has been stood down amid claims he was involved in a fake Black Lives Matter Facebook page that collected hundreds of thousands of dollars in donations.

The Black Lives Matter page had almost 700,000 followers — dwarfing the movement's official page — before it was suspended by Facebook.

It allegedly collected money through online fundraisers and solicited more than $US100,000 ($129,000) in donations, according to an investigation by US media outlet CNN.

CNN reported some of the bank accounts where the money was transferred were in Australia and it was unclear how much was provided to genuine causes.

Two officials suspended

National Union of Workers (NUW) general branch vice-president Ian Mackay was linked to the fake Facebook page in the CNN report and is one of two NUW officials to have been suspended.

"The NUW has launched an investigation into claims made by a CNN report and has suspended the relevant officials pending the outcome of an investigation," NUW national secretary Tim Kennedy said.

"The NUW is not involved in and has not authorised any activities with reference to claims made in CNN's story."he ABC has contacted Mr Mackay for comment.

It is understood he worked in Brisbane and now works in the union's Perth office.

The NUW's Facebook page said Mr Mackay was appointed to the honorary position of vice president in November 2015.

It said Mr Mackay started "on the shop floor" as a rank and file member, and he would "fight for a fairer Australia with jobs all workers can count on".

Movement began after Trayvon Martin death

The Black Lives Matter activist movement originated in the United States, and campaigns against violence and racism towards black people.

It began as a social media campaign after the man who shot and killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin was acquitted in 2013, and gained further prominence after the deaths of two other young black men in 2014.

The official Facebook page of the movement has about 320,000 followers — less than half of the former page allegedly run by Mr Mackay.

On Twitter, a co-founder of the Black Lives Matter movement, Patrice Cullors, said she had complained to Facebook and Twitter about numerous fake accounts.

"These fake BLM [Black Lives Matter] accounts and fake BLM people literally stealing money off of Black Death is so stomach churning I can't even begin to explain," she wrote.

"We told [Facebook] over and over again to shut that gelati down. And it wouldn't. Glad it's down now.

"It's so unfortunate folks were scammed by fake BLM accounts and people."

Facebook conducting its own investigation

Both pages had the title of "Black Lives Matter" — however the official page is distinguished by a "verified" tick on Facebook.

A Facebook spokeswoman said the social media site was also carrying out an investigation and would take "necessary action".We investigated this situation as soon as it was brought to our attention, and disabled the page admin for maintaining multiple profiles on the platform," the spokeswoman said.

CNN reported PayPal, Patreon, Donorbox and Classy had all removed fundraisers linked to the allegedly fraudulent account.

The Donorbox campaign page, which promoted the now-suspended Facebook page, remains online but donations have been disabled.

"Our mission is to raise awareness about racism, bigotry, police brutality and hate crimes by exposing, through social media locally and internationally, stories that mainstream media don't," the page said.

Its pitch to prospective donors also said money collected would go toward boosting coverage of stories "the mainstream media try to suppress through paid ads", and to providing support for victims of hate crimes.

In its investigation, CNN said Mr Mackay's name, email and phone number was registered to numerous websites tied to black rights.

The Facebook page he was accused of having ties to drove traffic to those websites, CNN said.

Local investigation requires a complaint, police say

Meanwhile, a senior Queensland police source told the ABC that any local investigation of possible fraud would require a complaint.

This could come from either people who donated money, or from a leader of the Black Lives Matter movement in the US.

However an alternative for local police would be to investigate possible money laundering under state or Commonwealth laws, which would not require a complaint.

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 8:46pm
Nobody does it better than our Union Crooks!Clap
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 3:16pm
I'm surprised this thread hasn't enjoyed a bump already given the massive effort to defraud  the public and blatant dishonesty of Bullgelati Bill being exposed this week. Off to the polls we go. I hope he loses the three seats they thoroughly deserve to.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 4:30pm
Bullgelati Bill and his troops haven't stopped lying about this since it was exposed last year -  he's nothing if not consistent with his Bullgelati - even the Greens had the character and ethics to own up to their mistakes!

The Deputy ALP leader (Sally Mc Man ASS is in charge) just keeps blaming everyone else of course - if only we had a legitimate alternative government and leader!!Dead

It probably is all Hillary's fault, to be fair ...LOL
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 4:43pm
Bullgelati and his crew are copping a flogging in question time today. As Effi would say - "How embarrassment"
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 4:44pm
Is this you being fair and balanced 3B?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 4:51pm
It's me telling the truth. Try it. I'd much rather a proper Labour opposition to this weak joke.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 5:17pm
Is everything that doesn't fit your world view a lie?
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 7:13pm
Don't you get it 3b?

CNNPT lives in Bizarro World.

So long as the US and Australia, under popular conservative rule, enjoy strengthening economies, jobs and growth, and the great future prospects of WORLD PEACE, CNNPT will never be happy.Angry

Now if "Bullgelati Bill and the Green Fraud Collusion", and "Lying Hillary and The Corrupt Constabulary" were in charge, CNNPT would be like a pig in a swill of his own excrement (as both governments would be!Pig)
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 9:09pm
a state bi election courtesy of the labor party's sloppy pre selection.

Disgraced ex-MP Barry Urban's story riddled with plot holes, committee finds

According to Barry Urban, the horrors he witnessed while investigating war crimes in the Balkans as part of a 1990s United Nations mission still have a chilling effect on him two decades later.

"When you go into a town and you see bore water on the side of a wall of limestone, it is not bore water; it is actually blood," the now former WA MP told the state's most powerful parliamentary committee.

"I can tell you more gory stories of fields where DNA [was] 100 metres apart, body parts, where it was just artillery fire."

Mr Urban, elected to State Parliament in an upset result in the seat of Darling Range as part of WA Labor's 2017 landslide, had long maintained he was seconded from England's West Midlands Police to investigate atrocities linked to the conflict in the Balkans.

But the Procedure and Privileges Committee, tasked with investigating his qualifications and claims, found serious holes in that story.

Barry Urban's unproven claims:

• He had a degree from the University of Leeds;
  • He had a Certificate of Higher Education in Policing from the University of Portsmouth;
  • He had completed nine out of 10 modules of a Diploma of Local Government;
  • He was seconded from West Midlands Police in 1998 and served with the United Nations mission in the Balkans, where he provided security for a team investigating war crimes;
  • He was posted a service medal by UK authorities;
  • He subsequently lost such medal;
  • He was entitled to wear such a medal; and
  • He was under a genuine but mistaken belief that he was entitled to wear a replica police overseas service medal.

He said he served in a team of six British police officers, but could not name one of them or even say where they came from.e was asked if he could name a commanding officer of the task force. The best he could offer was there was a "General Molineux" there.

Perhaps coincidentally, Molineux is the name of one of the biggest football stadiums in the British police district in which Mr Urban actually did work.

A list of West Midlands officers who went to Bosnia did not include Mr Urban's name.

The only bit of evidence he could provide to the committee was a 1998 policing career review, which noted a posting to Bosnia was an aim he had.

Mr Urban said the person who wrote that, plus other senior West Midlands officers from the time, would verify his claims.

They did not.

The now-retired officer who wrote that 1998 review told the committee:

"You could not always trust everything he said. I have a feeling it's all baloney,"

"I'm absolutely convinced he never went to Bosnia," another former superior said.

The committee, who recommended Mr Urban's expulsion from Parliament, agreed.

And they found the alleged Balkans mission was not the only matter about which Mr Urban lied.

'Sounds like a load of nonsense'The committee found claims he had completed a diploma through the WA Local Government Association were incorrect, and he was also found to have lied extensively about the "fake medal" that kicked off the whole scandal late last year.

He had initially claimed to have completed postgraduate studies at Portsmouth University, but later admitted not having ever stepped foot on the campus.

Mr Urban claimed all it took for that "qualification" was for him to submit his police probation file.

But the university has no record of him, or of anything like that course existing, and former police force colleagues outwardly mocked the suggestion when queried.

So too was his claim to have earlier secured a degree from Leeds University.

That institution had no record of him, a close work colleague from the time said it would have been "impossible" for Mr Urban to do that, and a newspaper listing of graduates at the time did not list his name.

Mr Urban provided a document he claimed was his degree. The committee saw it differently.

"Given that the committee has established beyond reasonable doubt that the member has not been awarded a Bachelor of Arts degree with honours, [the document] can only and must necessarily be described as a forgery," committee chair and house Speaker Peter Watson told Parliament.

That forged document was also provided to other organisations in an illegal act, Mr Watson stated.

With five key claims made by Mr Urban both in Parliament and before the election all found to have been thoroughly debunked, the committee found the situation was beyond repair.

"The committee is of the view that the Member for Darling Range has demonstrated a pattern of serial dishonesty and deception for at least two decades," Mr Watson said.

"The committee does not consider that [Mr Urban] is the person he represented himself to be."

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 12:27am
Is everything that doesn't fit your world view a lie?
By all means do tell me what my world view is Fibber Pee Tee. I need another good laugh.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 12:32am
Was this Barry Urban a Bullgelati Bill Shorten "Captain's Pick" by any chance?Embarrassed

What a piece of work, wow!Stern Smile
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 8:05am
Oh look its B1 and his acolyte B2! B2: "Are you thinking what I'm thinking B1?" B1: "I think I am B2!" Together: "It's bullsh!ting time!"
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 9:36am
That's ripe coming from Molly the sidekick of Fibber Pee Tee. Enjoy your self delusions.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 9:40am
Careful 3B, your holier than thou, I am the voice of reason fraud is starting to show.Embarrassed
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 9:44am
Get back to work on telling me my world view. You set the tone don't expect that to change much while you continue ad nauseam.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 9:51am
Your views are being well exposed in this thread and any thread that refers to African immigrants.

You should read your post history, you obviously aren't aware of the crap you post. That is a problem.

I set the tone? 
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

Oh look its B1 and his acolyte B2! B2: "Are you thinking what I'm thinking B1?" B1: "I think I am B2!" Together: "It's bullsh!ting time!"

Lol did laugh at this Afros.
I didn’t think banana’s like name calling though lol.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Was this Barry Urban a Bullgelati Bill Shorten "Captain's Pick" by any chance?Embarrassed

his accolades and medals were just too much to ignore for the labor party.

how is this?LOL

WA Labor State secretary Patrick Gorman is set to be named as the party’s candidate for the Perth by-election today, despite an eleventh-hour challenge from high-profile Perth lawyer John Hammond.

Mr Gorman, a former staffer to Kevin Rudd, will stand to replace Labor’s Tim Hammond, who quit politics last week, citing the pressures the job placed on his young family.

Mr Gorman is expected to be affirmed as the candidate at a meeting of Labor’s Federal executive in Sydney this morning after securing the backing of Opposition Leader Bill Shorten.Mr Gorman, who oversaw the recruitment of Barry Urban as a Labor State candidate, denied the party could have done more to expose his lies.

“The party was presented with forged documents,” he said.

“He lied to us, he lied to me. If you think I am not upset about that, of course I am.

“There’s also questions about whether he was truthful to the WA police force.”

hard to take labor seriously.  trust the media/ publicist arm of the liberal party will have a field day, and not wimp it.

go hard libs.

order of the day is to lie, like no tomorrowThumbs Up

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 1:54pm
A very weak attempt at a misleading response Fibber. Pick up your game it's really slipping. Not even comic this time.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by ThreeBears ThreeBears wrote:

That's ripe coming from Molly the sidekick of Fibber Pee Tee. Enjoy your self delusions.

Keep telling yourself his, anyone else can see you follow Doc around like a 21 year old lad in a country town does the new female teacher fresh out of uni.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by Softy Softy wrote:

Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

Lol did laugh at this Afros.
I didn’t think banana’s like name calling though lol.

I try my best
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

I will reserve judgement till he has shared ''lobster with a mobster'' Embarrassed
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 3:59pm
If your head wasn't so far up Fibber Pee Tee's behind Molly Afros then I wouldn't be questioning the clarity of your judgements. You only see what you do because that's what you want to believe.
RED HUNTER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 11:04pm
A LIBERAL tax-cut of $10 a week is miserly= 1 Hamburger and a milk-shake

but

$20 a week LABOR PROMISE must be gluttony= 2 Hamburgers and 2 milk-shakes
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by RED HUNTER RED HUNTER wrote:

A LIBERAL tax-cut of $10 a week is miserly= 1 Hamburger and a milk-shake

but

$20 a week LABOR PROMISE must be gluttony= 2 Hamburgers and 2 milk-shakes

Gold.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 11:05pm

Plibersek slams 'hamburger and milkshake' tax cut - Canberra Times

https://www.canberratimes.com.au › Video › News › Federal Politics
3 days ago
Plibersek slams 'hamburger and milkshaketax cut. The deputy opposition leader says Scott Morrison's ..
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 11:08pm
Sorry got it wrong

QUOTE PLIBERSEK

$10 is a hamburger or a milkshake

$20 is having both
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 11:34pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 58>