Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Reject the ALP, Marxism and Anarchy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 58>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

Life expectancy was also around 10-15 years less in the fifties. Which of course give us more people still around today to whinge about "the good old days".

Just stop.
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

They also smoked in hospitals, used thalidomide, thought drinking during pregnancy was ok. They used lobotomies and shock therapy. A far greater percentage of people lived without proper lighting, heating cooling or ventilation.

The fifties were also a time of dramatic increase in the use of marajiana and heroin. Deaths from lung cancer doubled. A pointless Korean war had ended and two superpowers were threatening to blow each other to bits.

And we haven't even got started on the lot of women, minorities, gays etc. Not to mention dentistry. Though there was no social media or place like TBV...make of that what you will.

Holy gelati. Welcome to the world of the poor bastard aussie intellectual with a contrived conscience. Dude, you need to get out and play golf or something. Tomorrow.

Contrived conscience? Statements of fact, I would have thought. You're the sad sack who comes here every Friday half drunk rambling incoherently. Golf? If only you could find someone who'd play with you.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 8:42pm

Life expectancy was also around 10-15 years less in the fifties. Which of course give us more people still around today to whinge about "the good old days".

Just stop.

You are the total idiot, aren't you? Stupidity perfected. People are talking up why the fifties are so great. There are reasons also the fifties weren't so great. Can your dim consciousness possibly process that?
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 8:47pm

They also smoked in hospitals, used thalidomide, thought drinking during pregnancy was ok. They used lobotomies and shock therapy. A far greater percentage of people lived without proper lighting, heating cooling or ventilation.

The fifties were also a time of dramatic increase in the use of marajiana and heroin. Deaths from lung cancer doubled. A pointless Korean war had ended and two superpowers were threatening to blow each other to bits.

And we haven't even got started on the lot of women, minorities, gays etc. Not to mention dentistry. Though there was no social media or place like TBV...make of that what you will.

Holy gelati. Welcome to the world of the poor bastard aussie intellectual with a contrived conscience. Dude, you need to get out and play golf or something. Tomorrow.

Contrived conscience? Statements of fact, I would have thought. You're the sad sack who comes here every Friday half drunk rambling incoherently. Golf? If only you could find someone who'd play with you.

You're a very intelligent guy, judge. You do insults in so many ways. Do you ever have anything to say?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 8:51pm
From the forum's own most hapless sniper. Confused

I'll take that under advisement.LOL
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by marble marble wrote:

Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Nah, I was only dreaming 1-1, and probably still am, wake me up before you go go.

too many song quotes carioca or should that be karaokeLOL

Just having a laugh mate, it's pouring rain here , lights flickering on/of and feeling for the torch trying to do some homework , picking a winner.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 8:57pm

I don't get the "sniper" thing. Interrupt long winded dressmakers with a few words makes you a "sniper"? Just calling a spade a spade.
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 8:59pm

Nah, I was only dreaming 1-1, and probably still am, wake me up before you go go.

Just having a laugh mate, it's pouring rain here , lights flickering on/of and feeling for the torch trying to do some homework , picking a winner.
and there is a lovely charm in that !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 9:03pm

I don't get the "sniper" thing. Interrupt long winded dressmakers with a few words makes you a "sniper"? Just calling a spade a spade.

Trust me sweetheart. You couldn't interrupt your own urine stream.
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 10:20pm
LOL. Friday night at the intellectual bathroom of sagacity.
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 10:32pm
And my list would begin with social welfare dependency and worthless government jobs paying 200K+ for mates and hangers on. Great social work from governments like Vic Labour and Federal ALP. One keeps turds like pokie tsar Mathieson in business while kids starve, the other helps stem the tide of ALP and Green voters from the inner cities. Brilliant economic developments.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 11:16pm

Clap ... post of the week!
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 2:34pm
Thanks Bill, the Coalition's Great White Hope!Thumbs Up

I give you Shortenomics 2.0! Dead 

Not enough to rape aspirational Australian Mums and Dads, who seek independent wealth and to alleviate the welfare bill in the future, by butchering negative gearing and capital gains tax concessions around property investment?

Noooooo ... let's go ALL IN with the "politics of envy" - let's get those disgusting "wealthy" people who own shares ... trouble is ALL Australians who have super own shares!Embarrassed

Typical policy devised by out of touch parasitic ALP Union Stewards, Canberra Bureaucrats and Consultants, who earn $200k+ p.a and have preferentially treated super funds of their own ... and have already made their nest eggs from negatively geared investments!Ermm

Bullgelati Bill thinks that EVERYONE is an idiot, not just those who vote for the Greens/ALP Collusion!Wacko
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 2:41pm
Errrm MYEFO wasn't that long ago but if I remember correctly Morrison's solution was an increase of tax to gdp of 2.4% or $44b in extra tax take to 2020-21
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 3:00pm
... so you agree with what I say, the Regressive Left will bankrupt us ... Cheers!Thumbs Up
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 3:22pm
If you think that a big taxing aspiration destroying govt is the solution then the LNP are your peopleThumbs Up

Fun fact: the 7 highest govts since 1970 were all LNP/ 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 3:22pm
*highest taxing
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 7:33pm
Hey Doc, this dividend imputation reversal that you and Morrison are getting yourselves all bent out of shape over is apparently a priority for Treasury to rein in and Labor just beat the Libs to the punch. Seems Morrison either is clueless what is doing in Treasury or he is a liar.

While they aren't mutually exclusive, it is interesting how much he has gone off over it. 

The Age/SMH will reveal all tomorrow. 
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 7:36pm
Who spent it all then ... on $1 million school halls and Pink Batts and $1000 cheques for dead people? ... now i remember! Cool
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 7:42pm
... of course, the Regressive Left will not just crush aspiration and put everyone on welfare, they will also create jobs! ... a lot more bureaucracy, red tape, public service, virtue signalling boards, Royal Commissions and maybe even some more government jobs, and then just print more money, and keep parachuting Muslim Gangs into marginal seats and keep their fingers crossed ... oh well, at least its a raft of policies!Dead
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Who spent it all then ... on $1 million school halls and Pink Batts and $1000 cheques for dead people? ... now i remember! Cool
?

who increased the baby bonus to $8000 per baby Doc? who allowed massive tax free contributions to super that enabled the wealthy to stash their money tax free? I thought super was a vehicle for self funding your retirement - not a tax haven. Johnny the liar was the culprit
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 9:33pm
Doc, hope you can find a replay of the Jordan Peterson interview on ABC's Tom Bollard's (I think) show tonight. Gold.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 10:30pm

Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

?

who increased the baby bonus to $8000 per baby Doc? who allowed massive tax free contributions to super that enabled the wealthy to stash their money tax free? I thought super was a vehicle for self funding your retirement - not a tax haven. Johnny the liar was the culprit

Hmmmm ... don't know much about baby bonuses or Government funded maternity and Paternity leave and all the other middle class welfare that nobody has the guts to shut down when we cant afford it ... I never got a dollar for having a baby, cost me a few though, so I missed that one. 

Massive contributions to Super? ... just before the GST and the stock market crashed you mean? ... most of those greedy buggers (who were trying to relieve the taxpayer of the welfare burden of paying them a pension) had to put their retirements on hold for 10 years and go back to work so they could pay their mortgages ... that would put a smile on the faces of the Greens/ALP Collusion parasites, who's Houso rents went up $5 a decade whilst their public service super was untouched!Big smile

Tell me, when Shortenomics delivers it's outcomes, and businesses move offshore en masse, and Mums and Dads throw their hands in the air and stop aspiring to self fund their retirement, and more and more Muslim refos arrive and remain on the dole until they are retirement age because they "No Speaka Ingleesh!", how much money will we need for public housing in Lakemba (there will be no landlords, there's simply no incentive) and then how much more will we need to find to fund age pensions into the future ... you know it's not welfare, it's an entitlement!Dead

Don't you think it is in everyone's interest to encourage anyone who has the balls, to self fund their retirement? ... or is that only Ok if they don't do it through hard work, or investment in shares or real estate? ... and I don't mean pat them on the back and thank them for paying all that tax ... that's not really encouragement!Wink 
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 10:37pm

Doc, hope you can find a replay of the Jordan Peterson interview on ABC's Tom Bollard's (I think) show tonight. Gold.

I'll check it out - he's brilliant - that controlled monotone drone of matters of fact and common sense must be torture for the average leftard!LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 7:50am

Treasury considered dividend imputation policy reform before 2017 budget

Treasury considered dividend imputation reform in the lead up to Treasurer Scott Morrison's last budget, creating a dossier entitled "Tax Policy - Dividend Imputation" more than a year before Labor announced it would target the tax refunds of more than one million Australians on Tuesday.

The confidential file itemised in a list required to be disclosed by departments as part of freedom of information requirements was opened by Treasury in the first-half of last year.

Fairfax Media understands Treasury has been examining withholding dividend cheques from non-taxpaying shareholders ahead of this year's May budget.

Investigating potential savings needed to fund budget initiatives such as personal income tax cuts is normal practice in the pre-budget period. more..

http://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/treasury-considered-dividend-imputation-policy-reform-before-2017-budget-20180313-p4z444.html

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 9:40am
The problem with people like Peterson is that they trade on a fundamental misconception (if not outright lie). They conflate the actions of a small minority with an entire “movement”:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/3/12/17100496/political-correctness-data

And completely gloss over what’s really driving the society around them.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 9:46am
Howard and Costello succeeded in convincing the well off that they should be getting something back directly from the government in return for paying tax, and if they weren't they were being ripped off- the Howard/Costello age of entitlement.

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 11:25pm
Indeed! ... we know better ... the "well off" deserve FCUKING NOTHING! ... and they should be taxed at a marginal rate of 110% for anything they earn in excess of $80k p.a. - Bullgelati Bill's own measure of someone who is "well off" ... Wacko

Good Grief, we can't afford the welfare for the "entitled" as it is ... how are we going to afford pensions for the "well off" too???Confused

Don't worry about saving the planet from Global Warming, nobody will be able to afford to eat ... but wait, it's working so well in Venezuela, where they break into the zoos for protein ...Dead
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 11:30am
The ALP select a high quality candidate, a big improvement on Feeney, Shorten's deadhead back-office hack, and win Batman easily.Geek What a concept.

Let's hope that she has no section 44 problems.Stern Smile
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 1:25am
They beat the Greens - their own aligned partners in crime! ... and Shorten is off on another World Wide "Victory" tour, just like when he ... lost the last Federal Election!Embarrassed

... oh, and beating the Greens in Batman was far more important than South Australia too!Wacko
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 58>