Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Pauline Hanson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455 77>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by scamanda scamanda wrote:

Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Btw Scamanda, all I said it was that it was an awkward look, and perception is important in politics.

I well remember Craig Thomson ''discussion'' on here and the presumption of innocence he was afforded by posters here as well as the LNP. Wink

Thomson was a politician who diddled his union rank and file out of money via the credit card.
Should have been dropped by Labor when it was first revealed.

Sean Black was an employee(media advisor). Had Pauline sacked him earlier he may have had reason to take her to court for unfair dismissal.

It is all about the political optics Scamanda. Gillard held on to Thomson too long, process or not and it cost her. Sometimes you gotta do what is right and wear the possible consequences.

Look at the Liberals that were cut loose despite having a case for hanging on. Sinodinos, Brough, Ley, Briggs and more.

One Nation, or rather Pauline doesn't do optics though, it seems. 
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 9:54pm
paulines longman candidate Matthew Stephen looks like he will fit right with the rest of the one nation rabble. Dodgy business dealings and not paying his bills. His qld trades license has been suspended 7 times. 

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 10:11pm
"He cannot have a civilised disagreement."

That was said of Latham in 2003. Sums him up perfectly.
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

"He cannot have a civilised disagreement."

That was said of Latham in 2003. Sums him up perfectly.

And to think he was the top dog for Labor. Who voted for him back then?

Will history be as unkind to Shorten??LOL
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 2:44am
Smart Woman Pauline ....      She has a sweet income for the next 5 years and probably a pension to see her out .

Just because she lives in a tin house ,   don't make the mistake of thinking she is a sardine.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 10:16am
If the allegations by many disgruntled former officials are correct regarding the structure of One Nation, she wont need to rely on a pension maxie.Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 8:07pm
A match made in deplorable heaven.

Mark Latham is joining @PaulineHansonOz's One Nation party. He's expected to take on a leadership role as the head of One Nation in NSW. He will not be on the NSW Senate ticket. He is making the announcement on @AlanJones' show at 6.40am tomorrow.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

A match made in deplorable heaven.

<span ="FullNameGroup" style="-: initial; -: initial; -size: initial; -repeat: initial; -attachment: initial; -origin: initial; -clip: initial; color: rgb20, 23, 26; outline: 0px; flex: 1 1 0%; font-family: "Segoe UI", Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 18px; display: flex; line-height: 24px; font-weight: bold; max-width: 32ch;"><strong ="fullname show-popup-with-id u-textTruncate " -aria-label-part="" style="max-width: 100%; word-break: break-all; color: rgb0, 132, 180; text-decoration-line: underline; overflow: !imant; text-overflow: ellipsis !imant; white-space: nowrap !imant; overflow-wrap: normal !imant;">Sharri Markson<span ="UserBadges" style="font-size: 0.9em;"><span ="Icon Icon--verified" style=": transparent; display: inline-block; vertical-align: line; : relative; color: rgb29, 161, 242; padding-left: 4px; font-size: 1.2em;"><span ="u-Visually" style="border: 0px !imant; clip: rect1px, 1px, 1px, 1px !imant; font-size: 1px !imant; height: 1px !imant; overflow: !imant; padding: 0px !imant; : !imant; width: 1px !imant;">Verified account</span>

</span></span></span>
<span style="color: rgb20, 23, 26; font-family: "Segoe UI", Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 27px; letter-spacing: 0.27px; white-space: pre-wrap;">Mark Latham is joining </span>@PaulineHansonOz<span style="color: rgb20, 23, 26; font-family: "Segoe UI", Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 27px; letter-spacing: 0.27px; white-space: pre-wrap;">'s One Nation party. He's expected to take on a leadership role as the head of One Nation in NSW. He will not be on the NSW Senate ticket. He is making the announcement on </span>@AlanJones<span style="color: rgb20, 23, 26; font-family: "Segoe UI", Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 27px; letter-spacing: 0.27px; white-space: pre-wrap;">' show at 6.40am tomorrow.</span>

Grab Cameron too while he's at a loose end.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 10:06pm
This would be a powerful partnership.
Both are more popular than most of us think .

The preference crap is bad when one commentator atated that Clive Palmer preferences will decide " Herbert " .
We all probably think Clive is a fruit loop but is spending millions on advertising .     It was estimated he would get near 10% of the vote in that seat.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 10:47pm
He won't get my vote! (Clive that is) - I'm boycotting all Sky News advertisers.

Mark Latham and Ross Cameron's One Nation ... hmmm, has a ring to it, but they will need to ramp up the racism!LOL
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 12:33am
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

He won't get my vote! (Clive that is) - I'm boycotting all Sky News advertisers.

Mark Latham and Ross Cameron's One Nation ... hmmm, has a ring to it, but they will need to ramp up the racism!LOL

I could give them a crash course, on all those things I am .   Racism is only one of them.     . I even dislike anything white now .     Especially with long hair and in Knickers.
   The reason in my case is, I lived too long in Blacktown.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 8:38am
I can see the logic- Latham wants to top up his parliamentary pension, not having a job and all, and with a tiny vote he gets 8 frigging years on good money then a NSW pension. Better gig than driving taxis.

Simon Cameron

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 9:23am
True Tlaz

You must admit he is an experienced and capable orator and is right onto the main concerns of the people.

Great news actually.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 9:36am
Maybe Latham can draw Ross out of retirement and Barnyard if the Nats boot him. Maybe big George. 

What would such a party be called. It wont be ON because that lot will chew Pauline up and spit her out. 

Sounds like a coup in the making to me. An election ready Party currently mismanaged currently by an idiot is an attractive prospect to these clowns, I would think. How many managers has she gone through now? None as devious as Latham.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 10:23am
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

True Tlaz

You must admit he is an experienced and capable orator and is right onto the main concerns of the people.

Great news actually.

Gee, Labor at one stage thought him good enough to elect as prime minister.

pt are you even qualified to comment hereLOL
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 10:28am
Latham has gone off the rails but he is intelligent and knowledgeable.

How long will he be able to stand being in a party led by an embarrassingly ignorant fool ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 10:33am
How long before he takes it over?

And Pauline wont even care, by then.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

How long will he be able to stand being in a party led by an embarrassingly ignorant fool ?

When did you take over ..

Brilliant news .       Latham will stir the possum in a few .
I'll vote for your party.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 1:12pm
   Pauline is getting plenty of press.      Latham will be of great educational value to her ,        They will combine to be quite a force.

Move over GREENS.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 2:10pm
May need blinkers and a tongue tie working alongside of him , interesting times ahead imo.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 2:16pm
Wait till Big George and Barnyard join the party. 
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

May need blinkers and a tongue tie working alongside of him , interesting times ahead imo.

Yes ,   I hope Mark keeps the hands off the merchandise .

It will be interesting , we might even see the day PT is voting for them.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 9:55am
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 11:27am

I'm curious to know what Latham has done to characterise him as "gone off the rails", compared to say the ALP, who have become a Party of the Alt-Left since his time as leader? ... I'm fairly sure he has dropped the ALP endorsed angry aggressive handshake, and stopped assaulting taxi drivers, thought that was a good thing .. 

Why would you feel so threatened by a party led by Pauline, if she was actually able to attract intelligent and knowledgeable individuals, who have been disenfranchised by the major political parties?

Come on Whale, show me, with some independent thought, that you are not just a "useful Idiot" following "the mob" ... 
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 11:37am

I'm curious to know what Latham has done to characterise him as "gone off the rails", compared to say the ALP, who have become a Party of the Alt-Left since his time as leader? ... I'm fairly sure he has dropped the ALP endorsed angry aggressive handshake, and stopped assaulting taxi drivers, thought that was a good thing .. 

Why would you feel so threatened by a party led by Pauline, if she was actually able to attract intelligent and knowledgeable individuals, who have been disenfranchised by the major political parties?

Come on Whale, show me, with some independent thought, that you are not just a "useful Idiot" following "the mob" ... 

Did you vote for Latham when he was leader of the ALP, Dr E?Wink So he hasn't gone off the rails but now you support him.LOL

Simon Cameron

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 11:41am

Yep the Labor strategists told him to do that Wacko

As Rusty says take you medication and have a good lie down  Thumbs Up
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 2:42pm
I would suggest the deal with Pauline is that he does take over in time.

Latham is a volcano we know ,    a very intelligent man who can get his message across.
He's on an $80000 pension for life already.     Nice wages these Pollies get .
Mr Phelps will get the Medical fees,   Council fees and Polly purse .
We are in the wrong job.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 3:07pm

Yep the Labor strategists told him to do that Wacko

As Rusty says take you medication and have a good lie down  Thumbs Up

OK, you can ask CNNPT for an opinion if you like ... or you could simply not answer, and confirm what everyone thinks.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 12:46am
There is 25% of preferences out there,   To decide who gets in.

If Clive is capable of getting a few and Pauline ( combined 12/14% say)

The LNP can win.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 2:27pm
The LNP can't win.

However, if the ALP/Greens keep on pushing Economic Armageddon, with Property and Investment Taxes, Taxes on self funded retirees, and now a Republic Plebiscite ff$ ... on top of 50% renewables and higher power costs ... they can lose it ... and Bill Shorten has a track record that says he is more than capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455 77>