Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Pauline Hanson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 77>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

I am still waiting for the Greek Orthodox Church to apologise for that maggot who did the same thing in Melbourne recently Maybe we should start deporting Greeks. 

What was that?

Dimitrious Gargasoulas - Bourke Street 
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 4:14pm
are you sure he wasn't Muslim, PT...people swore he said Allah Akbar...Confused

amazing discrepancy...

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 4:21pm

I am still waiting for the Greek Orthodox Church to apologise for that maggot who did the same thing in Melbourne recently Maybe we should start deporting Greeks. 

What was that?

<span style="color: rgb84, 84, 84; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: small;">Dimitrious Gargasoulas - Bourke Street </span>

Oh that bloke. (Thanks for giving a hard name to google!)
Yeah but why would the Greek Orthodox Church apologise on his behalf? I don't get it. He wasn't remotely radicalised by anything to do with their religion. Or was he? (Cue duh duh duh mystery music.)
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 4:22pm

Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Some interesting points raised by both of you. One only needs to look at posts by Macca, AA and Dr E though, as to why immigrants may not yet feel any sense of patriotism to a country.

Yeah but sub frustration caused by silencing and ostracising people who challenge the PC hegemony leads to exaggerated language, thinking, feeling... even acts! Like what happened in London. Or what Pauline says. Or some bloke bashing a random Indian taxi driver. That's why I loathe nanny state type stuff - trying to make everyone fit into a form that suits whoever is making the masterpiece in their own minds. It's demeaning and ultimately divisive. It don't work, and it simply shouldn't. A bit of healthy human patriotism or family values or whatever leaves room for differences and conflicts, but any attempt to impose a culture that runs against good old human nature is bound to fail. That's why I don't like "the left" - they are, collectively, intolerant dictators, for all their self righteous preaching about tolerance and freedom. Plus they simply cause more trouble than they solve.

This is absolute rubbish, Stayer. Nobody is silencing anyone in this country.

Except by saying "that's absolute rubbish."
Ok. I can't respond I guess, coz it's absolute rubbish. I feel "silenced."

It's your choice to feel silenced. You also have an option to respond. Your comment is laughable. This is my right to respond to your right to make outrageous claims.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 4:23pm
he is described as Greek-Tongan...

not a Muslim in sight...

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

are you sure he wasn't Muslim, PT...people swore he said Allah Akbar...Confused

amazing discrepancy...

I really don't get this thing where someone has to apologise on behalf of a criminal or for someone else's criminal act

I thought the right were all about personal responsibility. Maybe it is only when it suits their argument
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 4:27pm

What was that?

<span style="color: rgb84, 84, 84; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: small;">Dimitrious Gargasoulas - Bourke Street </span>

Yeah but why would the Greek Orthodox Church apologise on his behalf? I don't get it. He wasn't remotely radicalised by anything to do with their religion. Or was he? (Cue duh duh duh mystery music.)

In the days before the attack, Gargasoulas began to post messages on Facebook about "religion, God, Satan, heaven and hell", which writers for The Age described as "rambling and often nonsensical"
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 4:31pm

Some interesting points raised by both of you. One only needs to look at posts by Macca, AA and Dr E though, as to why immigrants may not yet feel any sense of patriotism to a country.

Yeah but sub frustration caused by silencing and ostracising people who challenge the PC hegemony leads to exaggerated language, thinking, feeling... even acts! Like what happened in London. Or what Pauline says. Or some bloke bashing a random Indian taxi driver. That's why I loathe nanny state type stuff - trying to make everyone fit into a form that suits whoever is making the masterpiece in their own minds. It's demeaning and ultimately divisive. It don't work, and it simply shouldn't. A bit of healthy human patriotism or family values or whatever leaves room for differences and conflicts, but any attempt to impose a culture that runs against good old human nature is bound to fail. That's why I don't like "the left" - they are, collectively, intolerant dictators, for all their self righteous preaching about tolerance and freedom. Plus they simply cause more trouble than they solve.

This is absolute rubbish, Stayer. Nobody is silencing anyone in this country.

Except by saying "that's absolute rubbish."
Ok. I can't respond I guess, coz it's absolute rubbish. I feel "silenced."

It's your choice to feel silenced. You also have an option to respond. Your comment is laughable. This is my right to respond to your right to make outrageous claims.

I THINK I get what you mean sub. My right to respond is there (thank God Australia has kept that alive) but I don't really feel like my response will be considered thoughtfully or respectfully by someone who calls my (ironic) point "laughable" and "outrageous."
A brick wall is a kind of silencing isn't it? And an ad hominem a kind of ostracism?
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 4:32pm

well, besides macca, doc and aa...their might be 3000 years of unpatriotic history to contend with too.

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 4:32pm

What was that?

<span style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">In the days before the attack, Gargasoulas began to post messages on </span>Facebook<span style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 14px;"> about "religion, God, Satan, heaven and hell", which writers for </span><i style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">The Age<span style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 14px;"> described as "rambling and often nonsensical"</span>

And?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 4:34pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 4:39pm

Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

You cant say these things, Stayer !  Its racism !  You will get shot down in flames, which is why many people dont even bother trying any more.  Only racists like me , here on a forum, and you of course Wink

no...it's a free country...have your little rants...but just remember that every time you tar all people of any country/ religion/ sect with the same brush as radicals you are inciting as much hatred as you give...

do you ever talk to Muslim people?

this whole "do you even know a muslim...have you ever talked to a muslim.." Shallow and pretty pointless.

and it can easily be flipped. i cant speak for AA but she might ask why a muslim has never spoken to her. as anyone can.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 4:42pm
i think Kayser is off the hook having to apologise for Adrian Elms Embarrassed
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 4:43pm

What was that?

<span style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">In the days before the attack, Gargasoulas began to post messages on </span>Facebook<span style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 14px;"> about "religion, God, Satan, heaven and hell", which writers for </span><i style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">The Age<span style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 14px;"> described as "rambling and often nonsensical"</span>

And?

You are so selectively precious. You are more than happy to laugh at PT's post on Russia/asassinations in the Trump thread, then play the victim in here.

3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 4:43pm
Quote: "bat poo crazy". Love it.  
Pity they can't vaccinate against stupidity.
Google it. 
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 4:47pm
Whoops, that was in response to stayer's other posts to me.

There is no brick wall, Stayer. Nobody is being silenced in Oz. In fact, this gov't wants to give you more right to speak out and offend if you so choose.

The right are so funny on this. Nobody screams free speech more than Bolt, Panahi, Kenny, Devine etc and none block so frequently on social media or offer nothing more than an echo chamber on their TV shows....
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Quote: "bat poo crazy". Love it.  
Pity they can't vaccinate against stupidity.
Google it. 

you have to ask Pauline if stupidity is a disease...then you can vaccinate...or not...she isn't too cluey on that either...Wink

dumbness has no boundaries on here...
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 4:52pm

I don't get what you mean PT. That bloke is par for the course. A sociopath who found purpose (and I'm sure identity and connections) in radical Islam. Probably first through social media, then through people who validated and groomed him, etc etc. Why shouldn't Australia's spokesman for Islam be approached for comment? At least to immediately condemn it and reassure us that it ain't anything to do with the religion? Probably still working on his scripts.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 4:55pm

What was that?

And?

You are so selectively precious. You are more than happy to laugh at PT's post on Russia/asassinations in the Trump thread, then play the victim in here.

"So selectively precious", "play the victim"... see how that blocks a conversation?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 4:56pm

I don't get what you mean PT. That bloke is par for the course. A sociopath who found purpose (and I'm sure identity and connections) in radical Islam. Probably first through social media, then through people who validated and groomed him, etc etc. Why shouldn't Australia's spokesman for Islam be approached for comment? At least to immediately condemn it and reassure us that it ain't anything to do with the religion? Probably still working on his scripts.

So he was an English teacher and committing crimes long before he converted, Who should apologise for those crimes?
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 4:57pm

you still don't get it, do you?

Theresa May needs to apologise for breeding a nutter...

subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 4:57pm

But this doesn't block conversation, Stayer?
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 5:02pm

But this doesn't block conversation, Stayer?

LOLLOLLOL sorry to laugh in such a serious thread but that was so right...

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 5:10pm
Yeah but that's why I put it in quotation marks - "the Left." If "the left" means so much to you that it blocks a conversation, well...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 5:12pm

Yeah but that's why I put it in quotation marks - "the Left." If "the left" means so much to you that it blocks a conversation, well...

you bet it does.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 5:12pm

Donald Trump also uses quotation marks........sad!!

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 5:12pm

Donald Trump also uses quotation marks........sad!!

(sick)
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 5:14pm
Maybe we should re-name this thread "Unsupported Generalisations about the Left", or better for balance "Unsupported Generalisations about the Left and Right".  Shocked
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Maybe we should re-name this thread "Unsupported Generalisations about the Left", or better for balance "Unsupported Generalisations about the Left and Right".  Shocked

And let's talk about it.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 5:16pm
why doesnt the hard left have its own identifiable garb. most cults do yeah?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 77>