Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Pauline Hanson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051 77>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

He'd rather go kayaking on the Harbour. He wanted to take Jacinta out with him, if time permitted.

Or marvel at the lateste iphone or tech gadget.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 12:58pm
Bide-my-time Bill, is of course in the box seat. I can't imagine him being any more inspiring than Malcolm, though. The ALP seems to me just about swept-clean of anyone who identifies with the concerns of average citizens.
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 1:01pm

Bide-my-time Bill, is of course in the box seat. I can't imagine him being any more inspiring than Malcolm, though. The ALP seems to me just about swept-clean of anyone who identifies with the concerns of average citizens.

Id rather bill than albo, interesting to see what sort of pm shorten turns out to be.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 1:01pm
Turbull also has a reputation as a tech brain. Where did that come from? Your 12 year old nephew knows more about tech than Turnbull.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 3:31pm
Give Pauline some say in Qld .   Might wake the main parties up.

Australia must be ashamed of our PM and unfortunately, we get worse when Mal is dumped.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Give Pauline some say in Qld .   Might wake the main parties up.

Australia must be ashamed of our PM and unfortunately, we get worse when Mal is dumped.

australia needs more political parties with clout, thats for sure macca.

Just like coles & woolworths or shell and caltex -- we know the difference is negligible.
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 8:15pm
Anti-big party sentiment is one thing but this mob attempt to make a virtue out of their stupidity. Let’s take that to its logical conclusion- plumber, architect, neurosurgeon- I’ll take the least informed one you’ve got, thanks. Wanna bash the “elites”? Give these knuckle draggers 5 minutes with any real power and you’d be screaming for someone with a high school diploma, let alone a PhD.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 11:45pm
I wouldn't be too concerned Judge, the compromised parasitic light weights who represent us on both sides are just "educated" enough to think that they actually know all the answers, and that they can pull the wool over everyone's eyes.

... I wouldn't mind a few more honest tradies, labourers and fish shop proprietors in charge! ... at least we won't have "wannabe, but never was" lawyers telling us what the High Court Judges decisions will beEmbarrassed

The bureaucrats and public servants who actually run the country don't change just because the politicians change ... a less educated, but ethical person is far more likely to actually reach out for the evidence and facts from someone properly informed, rather than relying on their own "judgement".
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 12:37am
I'm always amazed when the great worship of some Surgeon or GP is about equal to the title of God.

Facts are, a well studied mechanic or auto electrician does similar work but doesn't get help from mother Nature.
You can't stick an aspro down the neck of a leaking radiator and have it wake up repaired tomorrow.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 7:42am
Do you have the number of a good plumber in case I sometime need a multiple heart bypass maxie?
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 8:40am
Plenty of smart tradies and small business owners about but from the look of the numbnuts that Hanson parades in front of the camera as candidates, they aren't interested in joining her party.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 9:08am
the opulent, mcmansions with manicured lawns in my area dont have mercedes or bmw's parked in the drive way. They have utes, small trucks and vans. "Tradies" making a squillion with rates that rival a surgeon and of course...cash price off the book helps.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 10:00am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Do you have the number of a good plumber in case I sometime need a multiple heart bypass maxie?

Be careful with those bypasses, PT. I understand no study done in the last 30 years shows any significant life extension from bypass surgery. Nor stents, nor angioplasty. What has saved countless lives, is the advent of clot-busting drugs.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 10:02am
As for plumbers....well, these days the skill levels required are way down on yesteryear, but the prices way up.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 11:08am

Be careful with those bypasses, PT. I understand no study done in the last 30 years shows any significant life extension from bypass surgery. Nor stents, nor angioplasty. What has saved countless lives, is the advent of clot-busting drugs.

I dont go to a plumber or carpenter for my heart drugs either maxWink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 11:20am
Unfortunately many tradies believe themselves to be persons of highest importance these days, mainly off the back of the housing price explosion. Work done on dwellings, has risen in cost way beyond inflation generally. That is when they deign to appear, to carry out the work. It has almost become de rigeur to not show up at appointed times. Even the likes of tree loppers ( they generally call themselves something more grandiose these days) behave like celebrities. I was talking to a bloke who had a small tree fall over in his front yard in a storm. Called the tree man, who quoted "at least $1000" on the phone. The chap cut it up himself instead, and two trips to the dump, finished before lunch.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 11:36am
New replacement Senators were sworn in today and the new One Nation member lasted less than one hour before quitting the party and becoming an Independent.

Something to look forward to in Queensland LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 11:52am
Does the state govt still have to approve the replacement Senator, like it did in the past ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 11:53am
Australia is starting to look like a failed state.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 11:57am

Does the state govt still have to approve the replacement Senator, like it did in the past ?

Normally with a resigning or sacked Senator, but these are replacements where they go to the next eligible person from the results of the last election.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 12:00pm
If people can change party allegiance after being appointed, the replacement Senator should be the next person in line from the last election, regardless of party. The political system is a horrible mess.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 12:02pm
Old Joh replaced a Senator with a bloke who was never up for election, I don't know if that can't happen today, or it is just a "gentleman's" agreement not to do that again.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 12:08pm
 A situation could have arisen with the Tasmanian replacement who could have been from another party with the recount order, whereas with a normal replacement the state govt nominates a replacement put forward from the same party . 

It might seem untidy but nothing ties a person to their party after being sworn in, as we saw with Corey Bernardi last year, getting elected by the Liberal Party and being funded by them but walked shortly after
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 12:11pm

Old Joh replaced a Senator with a bloke who was never up for election, I don't know if that can't happen today, or it is just a "gentleman's" agreement not to do that again.

Bob Carr was a mid-term replacement from outside the system when the Julia Gillard govt pushed for NSW to nominate him.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 12:14pm
One Nation will take a hit from this, you'd think, at the state election. But then, maybe not, the ratbags voting One Nation probably won't notice the defection !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 12:21pm
This bloke appears to be about to join the Cory Bernardi camp.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 12:22pm
Former One Nation Senator Fraser Anning
Image result for simpsons walking in and out gif
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 12:28pm
Pauline is notorious for choosing the wrong people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 12:28pm
Maybe there are no "right" people to pick from.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2017 at 2:54pm

The plumber requires just as much expertise as any other repair person ( that includes your triple bypass mechanic ) It isn't a great deal different than replacing / repairing a cars fuel line .

Worship these "Gods " like Lawyers - Medico's at your peril.

You probably trust priests with the kids too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051 77>