Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Pauline Hanson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 77>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2017 at 6:09pm
I think the point about the burqa is that you'd have to be a bigoted simpleton or obsessive weirdo to pay the issue too much mind. Or both, of course.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2017 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

I think the point about the burqa is that you'd have to be a bigoted simpleton or obsessive weirdo to pay the issue too much mind. Or both, of course.

or a bigoted weirdo LOL
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2017 at 6:21pm

Is that directed to the burqa wearers husband?
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2017 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

Is that directed to the burqa wearers husband?

Well if they too are stapled to their keyboard 24 hours a day obsessing over what a tiny majority of other people choose to wear, then I suppose it is.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 8:05pm

Nationals vote down motion to ban the burka at annual conference

Updated about 4 hours ago

The Nationals have voted against adopting a burka ban as policy at their annual conference in Canberra, but Nationals MP George Christensen says he will keep pushing for the ban to become policy.

Mr Christensen's motion was voted down at the party's national conference 51 votes to 55.

Deputy Prime Minister Barnaby Joyce and Deputy Nationals Leader Fiona Nash both spoke against the motion.

But Mr Christensen, who has been calling to ban the burka in public for several years, said he would continue to advocate for the policy.

"Sadly, my push to ban facial coverings in public places where it assist with security and safety just fell short of being passed as policy of the Nationals," he said in a statement shortly after the vote.

"As my local electorate and the LNP's Dawson branch strongly support a ban on facial coverings, I will continue to push for this to be government policy."

Mr Joyce said banning the burka could damage Australia's trade relations with Islamic countries, including Saudi Arabia and Indonesia.

"George is a good mate but we don't necessarily agree on every issue. I do a lot of business into Indonesia, I do a lot of business into Saudi Arabia, and I want to make sure we continue to do that," he said.

"They don't insult me and I'm going to make sure that I don't insult them."

The Federal Government has made it clear it will not be banning the burka.

Attorney-General George Brandis received bipartisan applause in .....

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-10/nationals-vote-against-adopting-burka-ban/8889768

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 8:22pm
"George is a good mate but we don't necessarily agree on every issue. I do a lot of business into Indonesia, I do a lot of business into Saudi Arabia, and I want to make sure we continue to do that," he said.

That's it right there. We hear a lot about "political correctness" and its logically demented sire "cultural Marxism". Nonsense of course. It's all about the money.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 8:27pm
It is always the money
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 8:40pm
This is the staggering thing. As far as RWNJs go capatalism is inviolable. The invisible hand, donchaknow. But it turns out the overwhelming dominance of market forces throws up occasionally things they don't like- immigrants, women, gays have purchasing power too- it can't be the fault of the market, of course. But who to blame...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 8:59pm
The politics of this is interesting with One Nation breathing down many Nats necks, especially George who is in real danger, a neutral position would have made more sense. 
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 3:10pm
The majority of people, including Muslims, are in favor of banning the burqua.

Just goes to show we can't trust the politicians!

... good think we are having a postal vote on SSM!Thumbs Up
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 3:38pm
Pauline said , if you know everyone at the local pub.

Maybe your an alcoholic.

So why not apply for a disabled pension.
mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 12:33am
So well run,they forgot to register in SA.    ☺️
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 1:44am
sick to bits about the YES people shoving it down everyone,s throat, and if anyone dares to say they dont agree they get crucified.
they are doing themselves a lot of damage by being so outragous and so rude , if anyone dares disagree.
I dont care who marries who.  marry whoever you like and live in love forever more.
but dont crucify anyone who has an opinion thats different to yours.
its not wrong to disagree.  its a free country and we are supposed to have free speech.  as long as its said respectfully, as that young footballer did, why arnt we all entitled to our opinions ??
i was all set to vote yes, but after seeing some of the things thats been going on , and some of the a holes carrying on like they have,  they have lost me.
live and love as you like,  but dont carry on like a pack of morons if some people dare to disagree with you.

animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 2:32am
Exactly AA.=   The worst case was the young Doctor being threatened with deregistration for encouraging a NO vote. her opinion.

For many years Dr Kerryn Phelps ( President of the AMA ) was very open about being a feathery leg ( lesbian Bi) .    Not a word said.

Penelope Ying-Yen Wong was against SSM when she was having it off with the SA Premier Jay Weatherill...     Now she has jumped ship she is very vocal about bisexuals being normal.   .
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 2:45am
New South Wales News     

Penny Wong labelled a hypocrite

Scott Abrahams — July 25, 2010 Openly gay federal climate change minister Penny Wong is facing a barrage of community criticism tonight following her public declaration of support for the Gillard Government’s stand against gay marriage today.

On Channel Ten this morning Senator Wong said she respected Labor’s view of marriage as an institution between a man and a woman.
‘‘On the issue of marriage I think the reality is there is a cultural, religious, historical view around that which we have to respect”, she said.
Australian Marriage Equality spokesperson, Alex Greenwich, said Senator Wong’s rationale for opposing marriage equality is deeply hypocritical.
“By opposing marriage equality, Penny Wong has betrayed gay people.
Potts Point resident David Polson was more direct.
“Penny Wong is a disgrace.

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 2:47am
It seems counter-intuitive for bisexuals to support Same Sex Marriage ... it would seem logical that they would all be "undecided"Wacko

Maybe the B in LGBTQI stands for BUY-sexual ... and I'm sure that's the only way many of them would get it!Dead
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 3:20am
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

It seems counter-intuitive for bisexuals to support Same Sex Marriage ... it would seem logical that they would all be "undecided"Wacko

Maybe the B in LGBTQI stands for BUY-sexual ... and I'm sure that's the only way many of them would get it!Dead

Good point .   That didn't enter my head.

SUM TING WONG has a family now with her lady Partner.
A Male friend of them provided the " powder " .    No mention of the gun used.      Probably not an h'air gun.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 7:25am
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Can a bi-sexual man marry a bi-sexual woman in a church after the legislation is changed?

How would they know?
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 9:27am
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

sick to bits about the YES people shoving it down everyone,s throat, and if anyone dares to say they dont agree they get crucified.
they are doing themselves a lot of damage by being so outragous and so rude , if anyone dares disagree.
I dont care who marries who.  marry whoever you like and live in love forever more.
its not wrong to disagree.  its a free country and we are supposed to have free speech.  as long as its said respectfully, as that young footballer did, why arnt we all entitled to our opinions ??
i was all set to vote yes, but after seeing some of the things thats been going on , and some of the a holes carrying on like they have,  they have lost me.
live and love as you like,  but dont carry on like a pack of morons if some people dare to disagree with you.

Where is all this happening? I am missing it completely. Must not watch the right channel.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 9:29am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Where is all this happening? I am missing it completely. Must not watch the right channel.

The only thing I have noticed being shoved down my throat is that stupid ad with the weirdo women.Tongue
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 9:42am

<div id="UMS_TOOLTIP" style=": ; cursor: pointer; : 2147483647; : transparent; top: -100000px; left: -100000px;">

you have your eyes and ears stapled shut.

social media - littered with yes morons and their vile agression towards no voters.
israel folau
a lady lost her job - not for voting yes. theirs a clue.
a sydney lady gp had death threats
a church was threstened to be blown up
a student rally at uni was stormed by aggressive yes morons wanting to punch on.

to name a few...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 9:49am

<div id="UMS_TOOLTIP" style=": ; cursor: pointer; : 2147483647; : transparent; top: -100000px; left: -100000px;">

social media - littered with yes morons and their vile agression towards no voters.
israel folau
a student rally at uni was stormed by aggressive yes morons wanting to punch on.

to name a few...

Those are very minor irrelevant distractions from the simple principle involved, when you are looking for an excuse to vote they way you were always going to but realise your vote will be discriminatory.Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 10:00am
It is just political correctness gone wrong, a loud abusive tiny minority imposing it's negative view on a tolerant silent majority who just want to move with the rest of the western christian world

Next they will want  a special commission to enforce their discrimination on that majority
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 10:20am
I bet there was a noisy, violent fringe of advocates for every advance in the history of civilisation, including the Cruel Treatment of Cattle Act 1822 and the Cruelty to Animals Act 1835. So we'd vote against those of course.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 10:22am
OOps, Poorleen forgot to register for the SA election. Shocked
Too busy banning burqas and dodging halal sausages and missed the deadline...

One Nation fail to register for SA election, won’t contest seats

Josephine Lim, The Advertiser

IN a major political blunder, One Nation has failed to register for the next South Australian election and will not contest any seats.

According to a report in The Australian, One Nation had confirmed it had missed its chance to contest the election, due on March 17, 2018. Leader Pauline Hanson had predicted they would be a major player.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/one-nation-fail-to-register-for-sa-election-wont-contest-seats/news-story/daec92d8a6ecc3689c3ab15ff94355fc

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 11:01am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

OOps, Poorleen forgot to register for the SA election. Shocked
Too busy banning burqas and dodging halal sausages and missed the deadline...

One Nation fail to register for SA election, won’t contest seats

Josephine Lim, The Advertiser

IN a major political blunder, One Nation has failed to register for the next South Australian election and will not contest any seats.

According to a report in The Australian, One Nation had confirmed it had missed its chance to contest the election, due on March 17, 2018. Leader Pauline Hanson had predicted they would be a major player.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/one-nation-fail-to-register-for-sa-election-wont-contest-seats/news-story/daec92d8a6ecc3689c3ab15ff94355fc

Pure genius and as usual with these knuckleheads, incomprehensible to me. Try Google Calendar next time, dimwits.Wacko
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 11:20am

israel folau

to name a few...

Those are very minor irrelevant distractions from the simple principle involved, when you are looking for an excuse to vote they way you were always going to but realise your vote will be discriminatory.Wink

you asked where are the moron yes voters, because you havent seen them. i gave you a list.

but you were never going to acknowledge them even if they hit you up the clacker. thats your discrimination.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 11:25am

I bet there was a noisy, violent fringe of advocates for every advance in the history of civilisation, including the Cruel Treatment of Cattle Act 1822 and the Cruelty to Animals Act 1835. So we'd vote against those of course.

exactly. I am sure Macca was warning of a slippery slope when women were granted the vote in 1902 Ouch
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 11:26am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

It is just political correctness gone wrong, a loud abusive tiny minority imposing it's negative view on a tolerant silent majority who just want to move with the rest of the western christian world

Next they will want  a special commission to enforce their discrimination on that majority

does your first sentence aply to islam in oz?

thanks pt...couldnt have said it better myself.

👍

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 5 stars
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 11:28am
I meant paragraph. it was gold
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 77>