Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Pauline Hanson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 77>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 3:01pm
Why is Pauline suddenly exempt from the law ... especially if she is proven to be a repeat offender ...?  
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 3:25pm
Has she done something wrong?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 3:31pm
Doesn't being proven to be a serial offender suggest she has done something wrong before?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 9:34pm
The London episode is more votes for Pauline.

The media are replaying the Wilson Tuckey predictions ,  and like Pauline Hanson ,   How right he was.

Who do you think was a Muslim defender all those years ago    =         One Malcolm Turnbull.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 9:57pm
Look maccamax, there is simply no evidence to support any assertion that Islam is not a religion of peace and feminism, or that it holds any threat to the future of peaceful western democratic societies.

... but we will never see rain in Australia again, and impeach Trump.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 11:15am
Dr E . You dont mean to say the nut job in London did that in the name of Allah, the man of peace, do you ??Confused
I bet there was a big celebration in Lakemba last night , with cheers all round.  
animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 1:55pm
  British born 52 year old .
 When will the fools realise the family environment and teachings will surface in adult life no matter where the bXasards are born.             The brain wash in infancy never leaves any of us .

Peaceful Muslims choose to stay with the cult that produces these atrocities so all guns ablaze is fair enough.
   Precious Pauline is the only one making sense .       Keep bringing them in and we deserve what we get .
          Turnbull can't see a fly on his nose.
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

When will the fools realise the family environment and teachings will surface in adult life no matter where the bXasards are born.             The brain wash in infancy never leaves any of us .

Peaceful Muslims choose to stay with the cult that produces these atrocities so all guns ablaze is fair enough.
   Precious Pauline is the only one making sense .       Keep bringing them in and we deserve what we get .

that kathleen murphy piece suggesting the left need to have a sense of patriotism in their platform (patriotism is a dirty word on the left) is interesting.

some level of patriotism is good. Its uniting. fanatical patriotism is dangerous and subordinate.

im all for muslim immigration, just as i am for any migrant seeking safety, a better life etc. but since its the govt who bring them here...its the govts role to have all the infrastructure and social planning in place to cope. any gripes on that front should be dire ted at the govt, not the migrant.

Back to patriotism...as far as i know, middle eastern people are generally tribal in their social structure and allegiances. family lineage is very important too. but patriotism or an allegiance to a nation or country?? not so much.

taking all that into account, is that a hurdle with middle eastern assimilation in western countries? if it is, how is it overcome?

you cant say "no we dont want you". but its obviously a very challenging scenario

cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 2:35pm
we cant force western democracy on arab countries for this very reason - their social system is tribal, village, family etc. our interpretation of democracy is different. how did the iraq war turn out?? ...after the bs weapons of mass destruction lie was exposed, the west simply changed the argument to "impose democracy and free the iraq people" .

but what happens when its reversed... i,e. arab migrants enter a western democracy?

clearly their is problems. Dunno what the best answers are.

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 3:16pm

When will the fools realise the family environment and teachings will surface in adult life no matter where the bXasards are born.             The brain wash in infancy never leaves any of us .

Precious Pauline is the only one making sense .       Keep bringing them in and we deserve what we get .

haven't noticed all you Catholic Church followers deserting the flock because paedophiles are rampant in the priesthood...

Australians should renounce citizenship because Martin Bryant killed 35 people...

and no-one should ever countenance entertaining the Germans or Japanese...

tar everyone...stupid logic...but typical of RWNJ's...

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

When will the fools realise the family environment and teachings will surface in adult life no matter where the bXasards are born.             The brain wash in infancy never leaves any of us .

Precious Pauline is the only one making sense .       Keep bringing them in and we deserve what we get .

that kathleen murphy piece suggesting the left need to have a sense of patriotism in their platform (patriotism is a dirty word on the left) is interesting.

some level of patriotism is good. Its uniting. fanatical patriotism is dangerous and subordinate.

im all for muslim immigration, just as i am for any migrant seeking safety, a better life etc. but since its the govt who bring them here...its the govts role to have all the infrastructure and social planning in place to cope. any gripes on that front should be dire ted at the govt, not the migrant.

Back to patriotism...as far as i know, middle eastern people are generally tribal in their social structure and allegiances. family lineage is very important too. but patriotism or an allegiance to a nation or country?? not so much.

taking all that into account, is that a hurdle with middle eastern assimilation in western countries? if it is, how is it overcome?

you cant say "no we dont want you". but its obviously a very challenging scenario

Great post cabo.
It's interesting re the "patriotism" thing that the bloke who did it in London moved to a hot spot for islamic radicalism, Birmingham. Apparently he used to be "moderate" or just agnostic before he "coverted" to (radical) Islam. I suggest you google "trojan horse birmingham" to get some context.
What's interesting about what you said re the Left's aversion to patriotism (and the way that it can provide a binding, unifying force) is that it seems a recurring theme that people who get sucked into radical Islamic groups do so out of a need for the very thing that a healthy amount of "patriotism" used to provide - a sense of common identity, ideals, connectedness etc. The elephant in the room is that attempts at superficial patriotism that over-emphasize multiculturalism, pluralism, strength in diversity etc are failing to unite people enough. Or at least people who need a group to prop up their feelings of self worth etc. Also worth considering that in the social media age, people can live double lives - their outward normal life and their hidden group life. That goes for SJWs, RWNJs, sexual fetishists, stamp collectors... anyone who needs affirmation. It's also worth considering that most of these identity groups don't encourage people to kill, let alone give sick instructions about how to kill and with what etc. The left/right media commentators and uni lecturers and blokes in pubs can blather on all they like about how racism/ war/ economics/ religion/ upbringing/ psychology... but the real issues aren't being discussed openly, and I guess the people who decide the status quo like it that way.

It's a shame more of these kinds of issues aren't discussed openly in media etc, and it's worse that attempts to do so are shot down by the PC police. It just results in more polarisation and division, and more meaningless deaths to innocent people.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 3:30pm
Some interesting points raised by both of you. One only needs to look at posts by Macca, AA and Dr E though, as to why immigrants may not yet feel any sense of patriotism to a country.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 3:32pm
the only leftie who isn't patriotic is Subby...Ermm

again, that is a generalisation...

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 3:32pm
You cant say these things, Stayer !  Its racism !  You will get shot down in flames, which is why many people dont even bother trying any more.  Only racists like me , here on a forum, and you of course Wink

animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 3:36pm
Oh rubbish, Subby.   Now its the fault of people like me that these nuts feel no patriotism for the country that has raised them/taken them in, and given them a good life far from war.  Its my fault they go out and kill innocents.  Because I call it like I see it .  And have no patience with all the excuses that people such as yourself blather on with.
animals before people.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

You cant say these things, Stayer !  Its racism !  You will get shot down in flames, which is why many people dont even bother trying any more.  Only racists like me , here on a forum, and you of course Wink

no...it's a free country...have your little rants...but just remember that every time you tar all people of any country/ religion/ sect with the same brush as radicals you are inciting as much hatred as you give...

do you ever talk to Muslim people?

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 3:44pm

Oh rubbish, Subby.   Now its the fault of people like me that these nuts feel no patriotism for the country that has raised them/taken them in, and given them a good life far from war.  Its my fault they go out and kill innocents.  Because I call it like I see it .  And have no patience with all the excuses that people such as yourself blather on with.

so ALL of them go out and kill people?

racist rants just fire up resentment and hatred...Pauline Hanson and her ilk are every bit as responsible for any acts of violence as the instigators...

it's human nature to want to hurt those who hurt you...

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 3:44pm
Not any more.  Not since I moved out of Sydney.  Before that I was surrounded by them. 
I dont tar them all with the same brush, but I am still waiting to hear or read a statement from old mate Keyser , condeming the murders in London.
animals before people.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Some interesting points raised by both of you. One only needs to look at posts by Macca, AA and Dr E though, as to why immigrants may not yet feel any sense of patriotism to a country.

Yeah but sub frustration caused by silencing and ostracising people who challenge the PC hegemony leads to exaggerated language, thinking, feeling... even acts! Like what happened in London. Or what Pauline says. Or some bloke bashing a random Indian taxi driver. That's why I loathe nanny state type stuff - trying to make everyone fit into a form that suits whoever is making the masterpiece in their own minds. It's demeaning and ultimately divisive. It don't work, and it simply shouldn't. A bit of healthy human patriotism or family values or whatever leaves room for differences and conflicts, but any attempt to impose a culture that runs against good old human nature is bound to fail. That's why I don't like "the left" - they are, collectively, intolerant dictators, for all their self righteous preaching about tolerance and freedom. Plus they simply cause more trouble than they solve.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

the only leftie who isn't patriotic is Subby...Ermm

again, that is a generalisation...

I am extremely patriotic to the Socceroos (my god, we were terrible last night!!)
I would also like to be more proud of this country in other areas. Unfortunately I cannot be yet. Blind patriotism is a worse trait than being unpatriotic.
I look forward to the day I can be more proud to be Australian. Having good weather and a fantastic way of life (for most) is not enough for me to scream oi,oi,oi.

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 3:49pm

Not any more.  Not since I moved out of Sydney.  Before that I was surrounded by them. 
I dont tar them all with the same brush, but I am still waiting to hear or read a statement from old mate Keyser , condeming the murders in London.

Keyser has done more harm than good...

as for condemning the attack in London...why is he responsible for that...why should every peaceful Muslim have to apologise when some radical idiot does harm in the name of Alah...

I am not going to feel any responsibility for all the Australians who have perpetrated murders...

your arguments are just childish...

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 3:49pm

No kidding. What a 2 faced, self serving creep. Oh sorry, that's islamaphobic.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Yeah but sub frustration caused by silencing and ostracising people who challenge the PC hegemony leads to exaggerated language, thinking, feeling... even acts! Like what happened in London. Or what Pauline says. Or some bloke bashing a random Indian taxi driver. That's why I loathe nanny state type stuff - trying to make everyone fit into a form that suits whoever is making the masterpiece in their own minds. It's demeaning and ultimately divisive. It don't work, and it simply shouldn't. A bit of healthy human patriotism or family values or whatever leaves room for differences and conflicts, but any attempt to impose a culture that runs against good old human nature is bound to fail. That's why I don't like "the left" - they are, collectively, intolerant dictators, for all their self righteous preaching about tolerance and freedom. Plus they simply cause more trouble than they solve.

This is absolute rubbish, Stayer. Nobody is silencing anyone in this country.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 3:53pm
they are just saying that Hanson is playing into the terrorist's hands by taring all Muslims...

hey, yeah...but she's too dumb to know that...and those who support her fanaticism are equally stupid...

especially Macca...

subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

Keyser has done more harm than good...

as for condemning the attack in London...why is he responsible for that...why should every peaceful Muslim have to apologise when some radical idiot does harm in the name of Alah...

I am not going to feel any responsibility for all the Australians who have perpetrated murders...

your arguments are just childish...

Well said.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 3:57pm

No kidding. What a 2 faced, self serving creep. Oh sorry, that's islamaphobic.

no...it's an opinion...he does come across as two-faced...he is trying to placate the Islamophobes whilst not appearing to be servile to them as well...

a rotten job...

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 4:00pm
I will nominate AA to be our apologist whenever an Aussie does wrong...

no point in nominating Dr E...

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 4:02pm

This is absolute rubbish, Stayer. Nobody is silencing anyone in this country.

Except by saying "that's absolute rubbish."
Ok. I can't respond I guess, coz it's absolute rubbish. I feel "silenced."
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 4:02pm
I am still waiting for the Greek Orthodox Church to apologise for that maggot who did the same thing in Melbourne recently Maybe we should start deporting Greeks. 
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

I am still waiting for the Greek Orthodox Church to apologise for that maggot who did the same thing in Melbourne recently Maybe we should start deporting Greeks. 

What was that?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 77>