Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NRL 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 373839
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by scamanda scamanda wrote:

Yes it will cost him no matter what.
The sh!t that gets thrown around here in Australia is what will cost him more.

You can report something like this about a NRL player and get away with it.

Just don't try accusing a muslim of a terror attack in Melb CBD, you'll get yelled down real quick.

ridiculous statement
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 8:39pm
No it's not.
It's very relevant to TBV.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 8:42pm

Just don't try accusing a muslim of a terror attack in Melb CBD, you'll get yelled down real quick.

97% of these get settled out of court, mostly where a potential criminal act has been performed, to avoid evidence being aired, lest a criminal charge follows.

It will be interesting to see what he does. Of course settling isn;t an admission of guilt, but it isn't a good look either
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 8:42pm

No it's not.

dumb statement, chip on shoulders statement
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 8:47pm

No it's not.

Certainly is !!  One only has to read back thru some of this thread to see the relevance.
animals before people.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

97% of these get settled out of court, mostly where a potential criminal act has been performed, to avoid evidence being aired, lest a criminal charge follows.

It will be interesting to see what he does. Of course settling isn;t an admission of guilt, but it isn't a good look either

These days, In these thoroughly cynical days it is absolutely meaningless settling out of court.

In fact I would twist it the other way and suggest the victim settling it out of court is just as likely to be hiding something or taking advantage, but again they would be taking advise from scumbag lawyers.

It is a horrendous time we live in as far as this sort of gelati is concerned.

reductio ad absurdum
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

No it's not.

dumb statement, chip on shoulders statement

The fact you jumped in to reply in the negative says it all numb nuts.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 8:49pm
If the Hayne plane has been a night fighter, he will be copping the flak shortly.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 8:51pm
Yes djebel. they are decided in the tea room at the back of the court house after the opposing lawyers work out the carve up of the payment based on what the defendant is worth
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 8:53pm

Yes djebel. they are decided in the tea room at the back of the court house after the opposing lawyers work out the carve up of the payment based on what the defendant is worth

LOL I am not sure if you are being sarcastic or not ? LOL
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 8:55pm
No I am not. Seen it in practice many times
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 8:57pm
Someone once defined a lawyer as a man who protects your treasure from your enemies, but in so doing, takes it for himself. That was a long time ago, so there isn't much difference from the past. Just the other day I was talking to a bloke who had recently gone through an "amicable" divorce, but still got a legal bill of $57,000. I don't what the charge for a bitterly contested one would have been.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 2:03am

No I am not. Seen it in practice many times

VERIFIED=

My last divorce cost me well over $80000.     . And what it costs otherwise is criminal.      Carries on over years , due to the opposing Legal Eagles well planned tactics , once they assess your worth.

The first group for the scaffold when I get into power.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Originally posted by Heavy10 Heavy10 wrote:

If you have seen Latrell's brothers you would think he missed out at the dinner table at home. Both signed with Roosters I believe, front rowers

Might get a big " Artie" out of one of them you reckon?

Hey Doc, posted march last year, a small similarity fwiw.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by Heavy10 Heavy10 wrote:

Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Roosters fullback got a bit of class for a young bloke, what's your take Heavy 10 ?

Guess your talking about Latrell Mitchell? The Inglis clone. Super strong for a 19yo, will only get better. That one on one steal was huge last night.

Also March last year .
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 7:01pm
My apologies, I didn't think it would bring up the thread, just the posts, grrr.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 8:16pm
Well done Carioca, and H10, excellent form analysis right there!Clap

I haven't seen much of him, simply because he plays for the Rooters, and who would bother watching them.Dead
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 8:27pm
What's the matter Doc? Stilling getting white boot 38-0 flashbacks of 1975?
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 8:31pm
... and we were in it at half time!Cry
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 8:32pm
Yes, I remember. I was there.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 8:34pm
5-0 from memory
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 8:42pm
Correct, and it could easily have been tied up at half time ... I recall just before half time, Lord Ted put in one of his trademark kick and chases, that could have led to anything, he and Schubert both fearlessly attacked the bouncing ball at full pace - one of the most brutal collisions I can recall - Teddy never recovered, Changa had the injection mishap, and that was all she wrote - it just rained bombs in the second half.

Rooters were the benchmark in that era, better coached, great players, as dominant as any club side has been in my opinion ... damn it.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 9:05pm

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 3:12am
Thanks PT ... wow ... just like I said, both big fast men at full pace, both eyes for the ball ... CRUNCH!!!Pinch

Neither of them would have taken any further part in the game today, and nobody would argue with that!

It was a great Grand Final up until about then ...Ouch
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 373839