Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NRL 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 39>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 10:23am
gallen v sbw -

I agree with you macca...it COULD be easy work for sbw. thats what i thought as soon as i saw gallens first few fights and stood next to him at a geale sparring session one day. he is too small for a HW....very short in stature. and he gasssed in his first few fights. however, his fitmess has improved as he got experience...but its against guys who arent boxers.

sbw gassed badly against botha, and they pulled a rort and shortened the fight to ten rds during the fight. he has been 8 rds with genuine heavyweights, albeit very average ones. but guys who have been around the block. sbw hasnt fought since 2015... is his body still able to handle boxing?

if he is in good health physically....sbw has too many advantages over gallen. id back him but id like to see him have one or two fights beforehand.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 8:14pm
I can't take any rugby league player who turns to boxing seriously, they have turned boxing in to a farce....but it's entertainment so I hope SBW and Peptide Gal knock each other's brains out
EAD
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by TIGER TIGER wrote:

I can't take any rugby league player who turns to boxing seriously, they have turned boxing in to a farce....but it's entertainment so I hope SBW and Peptide Gal knock each other's brains out

You cant knock em for getting in there. and its not their fault they get more media and money than most full time pro fighters. although i see the frustration with that, as full time pro fighters with stacks more ability do the most.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 1:03am
Gallon is compact and his firepower, short range.   The only full fight I saw of his , the opponent fat and exhausted in 2 minutes. Anyone with some boxing skills will " dance like a butterfly and sting him like a bee " .
SBW has had some experience at a better level , and gone to unan. decision 8 & 10 3 minute rounds .( Joke really ) NZ heavyweight ---- WBA international Champion . I'm sure Paul will need oxygen after 3 rounds .
You and I would beat em both --- ---   They wouldn't hit the aged & infirm ----.> Good luck to them if they get a quid .
   I'll pay the $60 for self , family & friends watch Horn again. December I think.     Drop in if your free.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 11:38am
Not enough brain damage incurred playing rugby league/union. Butter up for some more during the off-season.Ouch
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Not enough brain damage incurred playing rugby league/union. Butter up for some more during the off-season.Ouch

Tiaz.      The former Welterweight Champion of the World is a Politician.
I'm trying to decide if that enhances your statement or is telling us Politicians are scatter brained.
I'll settle for the latter with Turnbull in mind.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Tiaz.      The former Welterweight Champion of the World is a Politician.
I'm trying to decide if that enhances your statement or is telling us Politicians are scatter brained.
I'll settle for the latter with Turnbull in mind.

No matter how many whacks PacMan takes to the head maxie, he will never be as nuts as his lunatic President  Duterte

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 12:25pm
You have spies everywhere PT.

Is there any untoward activity at Fort Denison.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 7:31am
Who ever did the NRL draw should get down to OPSM

How on earth can you have teams playing each other twice in 3 weeks is beyond me
EAD
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 7:43am
Can write off our boys already Tiger be lucky to be 1-5 after 6 rounds with that draw!

Still as long as things are roses in Red Hill, Bondi and at AAMI Park then all is good according to the NRL!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 11:00am
Tigers have bought really well.

their front row pairing of packer and matulino might be as good as any in the comp.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 10:00pm
Looks likely Cronk headed to uncle Nicks rorters, finding it harder to believe the NRL isn't built to favor certain clubs.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 11:00pm
The game is a joke if Cronk is allowed to sign with them, scrap TPAs and bring in a draft again to make it a fair system, who cares what Terry Hill did years ago

The Rorters are a blight on the game and the NRL administration couldn't run a chook raffle,absolute decades behind the AFL
EAD
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 11:15pm
Agree the third party agreements need to be scrapped and a common draft introduced if they want to make it a truely even competition over the long term.

As a tigers fan it makes me more and more likely to switch my attention to AFL the way the game is going, I've watched the club turn players like Tapau, Woods, Moses, Tedesco and Fifita amongst others into good players only for other clubs to come in and grab them.

This will never happen but, the NRLs only concern seems to be that the Broncos, Roosters and Storm are going good. Phil Gould even alludes to this now and again.

TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 1:23am
The NRL is a joke

Love the game but it's dying, the imbeciles running the game are destroying it

Roosters would be lucky to have 5,000 supporters, no juniors and outnumbered by Souths supporters in the local area but the NRL looks after them like no tomorrow
EAD
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 11:22am
In the Sunday Terror there is an Easts salary roster with Cronk added to it on $1 million and they still make the cap. You will say the figures are bogus but the NRL know more than you and they accept them.Cool
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 1:07pm

In the Sunday Terror there is an Easts salary roster with Cronk added to it on $1 million and they still make the cap. You will say the figures are bogus but the NRL know more than you and they accept them.Cool

Its still possible they could be under the cap, because a large portion of easts player salaries could be made up of third party agreements. uncle nick would hsve lots of corporate associates and friends to call on.

but here's the thing....TPA's cannot be arranged or finnaced by the club. it must be done through the player manager or outside the club entity. now we know that rule is an absolute farce and totally laughable. that suggests player managers have the business nous, acumen and contacts to go out into tbe corporate world and sign up player sponsors for hundreds of thousands of dollars. yeah right. the clubs are up to their necks in arranging TPA's and everyone knows it.

secondly...until we know what every club spends on TPA's, any suggestion this is an even comp based on the nrl salary cap is also a farcical joke.

make the TPA's public!!! so we can find out which clubs have spent $12 million on their rosters and which clubs have spent $8 million.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 12:18am
The Rorters let go 3 players so they could fit Tedesco in under the cap on 1.2 million a year, now they can sign Cronk without letting anyone go lol

TPAs are the biggest scam in the game
EAD
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 9:43am
Pearce boosters always point to his Grand Final win with Easts in 2013. Pearce has never impressed me much and I've seen him in loads of SOO games, unfortunately. Like all Pearce performances the 2013 GF has left no impression on my memory so I thought I'd check the player rankings from the famous Pearce highlight game to see if he did anything notable.

"7. Mitchell Pearce
Helped the Roosters control field position with a solid performance, albeit one in which he rarely threatened in attack. 7."

Yes that sounds like Pearce.  Interesting to note the rating for the halfback on the losing side.

"7. Daly Cherry-Evans
After a quiet first half Cherry-Evans got the Sea Eagles back into the contest, making a couple of line breaks at the start of the second term and rolling in the grubber kick that led to Jamie Lyon's penalty try. A great effort to win the Clive Churchill Medal in a losing side. 9."

http://www.nrl.com/nrl-grand-final-player-ratings/tabid/10874/newsid/74996/default.aspx
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 1:42pm
hahahahaha .   Fittler fav to get the blue's coaching job.

Johns and Gould the side kicks .   . What a pizzz up squad.

They will need two Woofie bands to entertain that lot .
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 1:20pm
The Cronk/Pearce thing keeps on getting weirder. Now the talk is Pearce will go to Manly. WTF reason would Manly want Pearce? They have a better halfback already on big money. Is Pearce a top grade 5/8 and I've just never noticed it?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 1:39pm
I think he will stay and play hooker if Cronk comes. Tigers are in the market if he doesn't, through his father's influence it is being reported. A number of clubs have spare room under the cap
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 11:24pm
World Cup Game 1 and Australia beats England.

Michael Morgan lost in defense and just plain in attack.Thumbs Down
Luggage.

The forwards won the game. Too much starch and speed up the middle for the Poms to handle.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 11:46pm
I must be the only one watching the World Cup. Some good footy being played.

NZ beat Samoa today easily and Fiji just gave USA a caning.

Jarrod Hayne is absolutely brilliant Star. Just seems to have so much time to think and respond. He had a hand in Fiji's first 7 tries before scoring himself, and then moved from 5/8th to the centres to give someone else a go at steering the team. Which failed. Hayne is not a player you can replace with just anyone.

I started with nothing and still have most of it left
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 12:23am
Jayne was playing the USA, let's not get carried away,Fiji threw the ball around and it was a training drill
EAD
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 12:37pm
Cronk announced as a Rooster officially

Pearce attending crisis meeting with Easts 
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 12:41pm
Welcome cooper
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Heavy10 Heavy10 wrote:

Welcome cooper

Mitch and I are constructing a voodoo doll replica and sticking pins in the legs...

Evil Smile
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 7:57pm
What a joke our game is becoming, the NRL won't mind however keeps one of the 3 favorite clubs prominent in the Premiership race...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 8:02pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 39>