Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NRL 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 39>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 10:33am
klemmers stats say he was the man last night.

adrian tolman, usually mocked as just an easy toiler was my best on the field. he did all the hard runs and defence. worked his backside off.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 11:18am
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

In my usual tipping comp this year. Woeful start but still in the last man standing component. Went Warriors last week and the Roosters last night. 15 of 17 survived last week with 8 of those going Roosters last night.

Well tipping doesn't get much worse than this! 2 from 8 in rd 1 and backed it up with 1 from 8 in rd 2! The only way is up! But hey, I'm still in the last man standing part of the comp with 8 others.

Went Storm in the last man standing. Got lucky at the end with that one. Only one in the Comp to take them so hopping for a few upsets later in the round to clean a few of the other 8 out.

Well those upsets cleared a lot out. Only me and one other left in the last man standing part. Hanging out to win this again as with the disasterous start so far it will probably be my only chance of getting my money back this year!

Took Roosters in last man standing tonight so no we sit and wait to see what the other guy does. Here's hoping for an upset in the Panthers/Knights game tomorrow night as I'd expect him to go for Panthers since they are the shortest priced favs of the round.

Still the two of us left after the Panthers demolition job. On we go to round 5.

Have taken Cowboys tonight. Give them strength!
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 2:29pm

Cooper Cronk announces Melbourne Storm departure months after signing contract extension

Updated 21 minutes ago

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-04/cooper-cronk-leaves-melbourne-storm/8413510?section=sport

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 6:46pm
Been a great stalwart for the Storm, one of the best half backs I've seen in my years,
ain't love grand and I don't blame him one bit, hasn't left yet but all the best for the future
Coops!
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 7:20pm
super playmaker. i was hoping saints snagged him when his future was speculated on last year. Alas, they have ben hunt. who will get cooper???... dogs, sharks, parra, tigers?
Gettingbigger View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gettingbigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

super playmaker. i was hoping saints snagged him when his future was speculated on last year. Alas, they have ben hunt. who will get cooper???... dogs, sharks, parra, tigers?

He would look alright in the blue & white Big smile
Say nothing once why say it again
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by Gettingbigger Gettingbigger wrote:

He would look alright in the blue & white Big smile

have the dogs got any cap space to get him? not that it matters at times
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gettingbigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 10:34pm
a couple of players are coming of contract at the end of the year so could make room one would think if you want a high quality halfback which they need 
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 10:45pm
Can only seeing him playing for a team that is close to a premiership, can't see him spending last year or two rebuilding a team. Out of the teams that are closest to a premiership and that need him I would say the Eels. I actually think he will retire, but will be interesting to watch.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gettingbigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 8:25am
At 33 retirement looks likely , he has a future at Fox sports as a presenter which he would do quite well at.
But if he chooses to play on then there will be several clubs looking to see if they can convince him to go to their club . what would be his asking price ? 1m+ , and of those clubs who would have the space in their salary cap.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 10:34pm
Don't tell me Robbie Farah is going to be NSW's hooker again. Because he's got SOO experience- vast experience: at losing.Cry
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 10:53pm
gus gould saying cronk will undo his legacy by playing for another club is total crap.

his legacy is set in stone regardless of what he does.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 11:51pm
Cronk and all of the other Melbourne Storm mercenaries, liars, frauds, crooks and cheats will be remembered forever, for all of the right reasonsAngry 
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 7:20am

gus gould saying cronk will undo his legacy by playing for another club is total crap.

his legacy is set in stone regardless of what he does.

The flip side is if he goes to someone like Parramatta or Wests and wins a comp he'll enhance his legacy, I'd doubt he'll go around again but just because I doubt he'd want to play anywhere else.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 2:28pm

In my usual tipping comp this year. Woeful start but still in the last man standing component. Went Warriors last week and the Roosters last night. 15 of 17 survived last week with 8 of those going Roosters last night.

Well tipping doesn't get much worse than this! 2 from 8 in rd 1 and backed it up with 1 from 8 in rd 2! The only way is up! But hey, I'm still in the last man standing part of the comp with 8 others.

Went Storm in the last man standing. Got lucky at the end with that one. Only one in the Comp to take them so hopping for a few upsets later in the round to clean a few of the other 8 out.

Well those upsets cleared a lot out. Only me and one other left in the last man standing part. Hanging out to win this again as with the disasterous start so far it will probably be my only chance of getting my money back this year!

Took Roosters in last man standing tonight so no we sit and wait to see what the other guy does. Here's hoping for an upset in the Panthers/Knights game tomorrow night as I'd expect him to go for Panthers since they are the shortest priced favs of the round.

Still the two of us left after the Panthers demolition job. On we go to round 5.

Still the two of us in it after he took Sharks last week. Close but they couldn't quite get rolled. We move on again and have taken Cowboys. Suspect he will do the same.
horseshoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horseshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 11:26pm
2 year contract with fox sport=Cooper Cronk
Those who know don't tell, Those who tell don't know
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 1:02am
Originally posted by horseshoe horseshoe wrote:

2 year contract with fox sport=Cooper Cronk

Inevitable horseshoe, will be a great addition to the ranks although it's become a real boys club now, I think this will be his last competitive year, do your best to win the comp.
get married and relax, that's the way I see this fwiw.
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 1:06am
Will he get his nose straightened? I hope so, hard to look anywhere else when his mug is on TV
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 1:27am
Originally posted by Heavy10 Heavy10 wrote:

Will he get his nose straightened? I hope so, hard to look anywhere else when his mug is on TV

Ah the scars of war Heavy 10 , I think he might have to get it knocked into shape, can be a problem with snoring down the line methinks , but love is blind they say the young lady may not have noticed.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 10:30am

Still the two of us in it after he took Sharks last week. Close but they couldn't quite get rolled. We move on again and have taken Cowboys. Suspect he will do the same.

Both of us took coybows so both out. I guess that means we split the prize which I'm happy with given it's likely to be my only collect this year.
horseshoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horseshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 5:47pm
Jack Bird is officially a Bronco
Those who know don't tell, Those who tell don't know
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 5:52pm
And Shaun Johnson who was coached by Ivan Cleary is being offered a multi million dollar deal by the Wests  Tigers
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

And Shaun Johnson who was coached by Ivan Cleary is being offered a multi million dollar deal by the Wests  Tigers

Touch footy player, a lot like Benji, no structure what so ever but when on song is untouchable. Don't think he will leave the Warriors anyway and would be asking for way too much than what he is actually worth.

Hope the Tigers don't sign him or Reynolds from the dogs for that matter.

EAD
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 6:27pm
Righto , Bunnies and the Doggies, rabbits the topical tip seeing it's Easter but a close game I reckon, bunnies by 2 points, interesting to see how the two " poms " match up.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Righto , Bunnies and the Doggies, rabbits the topical tip seeing it's Easter but a close game I reckon, bunnies by 2 points, interesting to see how the two " poms " match up.

lot of love at the coin toss-up...

don't think Sammy ever forgets 2014...

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 7:41pm
they get what they deserve, Souths...play soft-shoe all day just expecting to win...

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

they get what they deserve, Souths...play soft-shoe all day just expecting to win...

They have to realise there are TWO halfs of football, complete capitulation!!
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 8:11pm

they have to realise that every game needs to be played hard and with speed...speed of playing the ball, passing and of foot...

they turn on this "soft-shoe-shuffle" rubbish week three weeks out of four...then look shocked when they lose...

Josh Reynolds outsmarted them easily...especially running into a loitering Sutton, costing a possible comeback try...

dumb football...knew after twenty minutes they were going to mess it up...

Angry
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 8:11pm

Any how not tipping anymore, got the irrets !
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 8:14pm
not that it really matters...both sides are slow, cumbersome and won't make the top 8...

and George Burgess needs to go and take care of his new baby...for about ten weeks...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 39>