Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NRL 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 39>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 12:13am
another upset...with a lot of people tipping it...
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 9:40am
Good to see Ryan James trying to milk penalties and go off under the concussion rule when clearly not concussed

Parra are woeful without Norman, they couldn't beat a patched up Titans side

EAD
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 11:50pm
Im declaring this...cowboys cannot win comp and could miss top 8
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 7:52am
Cows are on the decline, they are lacking that punch in the forwards, big Jason T can't do it all on his own once he gets back

They looked flat though after last weeks performance, everyone was off their game
EAD
Gettingbigger View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gettingbigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 8:09am
Originally posted by TIGER TIGER wrote:

Cows are on the decline, they are lacking that punch in the forwards, big Jason T can't do it all on his own once he gets back

They looked flat though after last weeks performance, everyone was off their game

2 extra point games in a row and with all the injuries you would expect them to struggle , although I agree the won't win the GF this year.

What about the Panthers / Roosters game that was a great contest , pity about the linesman needing glasses Ouch 
Say nothing once why say it again
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 8:37am
Panthers/Roosters game was a cracker, pity the game ended like it did with officials having a say in the outcome

Sharks should beat the Dragons today

Raiders should put the cleaners through the Tigers
EAD
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 9:58am
Originally posted by Gettingbigger Gettingbigger wrote:

2 extra point games in a row and with all the injuries you would expect them to struggle , although I agree the won't win the GF this year.

What about the Panthers / Roosters game that was a great contest , pity about the linesman needing glasses Ouch 

2 forward passes= 2 tries for the chooks...

how much influence do Taumololo and Scott have? to let Manly run amok...Ouch
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 9:59am

Panthers/Roosters game was a cracker, pity the game ended like it did with officials having a say in the outcome

Sharks should beat the Dragons today

Raiders should put the cleaners through the Tigers

nothing is certain anymore...
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 11:27am
How many top players are already out with serious injuries? There will be nobody left by SOO.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 5:10pm
That thug George Burgess should think himself lucky he is only getting 2 weeks for his cowardly elbow
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

That thug George Burgess should think himself lucky he is only getting 2 weeks for his cowardly elbow

he should be thoroughly ashamed of the whole debacle of a game...I'd give him six weeks...please...
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 7:51pm
Giving him the requisite six weeks would presumably bring the game into disrepute.  Ouch
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 10:40am
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

In my usual tipping comp this year. Woeful start but still in the last man standing component. Went Warriors last week and the Roosters last night. 15 of 17 survived last week with 8 of those going Roosters last night.

Well tipping doesn't get much worse than this! 2 from 8 in rd 1 and backed it up with 1 from 8 in rd 2! The only way is up! But hey, I'm still in the last man standing part of the comp with 8 others.

Went Storm in the last man standing. Got lucky at the end with that one. Only one in the Comp to take them so hopping for a few upsets later in the round to clean a few of the other 8 out.

Well those upsets cleared a lot out. Only me and one other left in the last man standing part. Hanging out to win this again as with the disasterous start so far it will probably be my only chance of getting my money back this year!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 2:32pm
Taylor gooooone!

Clearly guilty of missing too many tackles ...
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 2:34pm
Andrew Webster to take over as interim head coach
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gettingbigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 6:36pm

Andrew Webster to take over as interim head coach

Was only a matter of time before i happened , when you have 4 of your better players who won't sign until they know who the coach will be says it all , love or hate Robbie Farah he deserved better than what he got from the Tigers. 
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 9:33pm
Hasnt got a great track record now Taylor, surely no more NRL head coaching jobs will come his way. Tigers need to pounce on Cleary
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 10:05pm
It amuses me when boards make braindead useless appointments, back them to the hilt for years, then think the problem is fixed when they finally sack them. They are the problem. They have guaranteed that the next coach will fail with their salary cap screwups.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 7:16am
And here I was thinking Mary and Des would go before Taylor

Anyways hope Cleary takes over and puts the cleaners through the joint

Brooks is not worth 600k+ that he thinks he is worth....kid is lucky to be in first grade, absolute rubbish
EAD
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 7:51am
Ditto for his mate, Moses
Sharkie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 8:17pm
Once again the people with their eyes painted on have struck again Confused. If Keary didn't put his foot on the line getting up to play the ball I'm looking at a different game! Seriously!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 8:51pm
That is legal under the rules.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 8:56pm
Jujuno should be able to clear this up, being a referees ticket holder, but I thought that between held and playing the ball the ball wasn't in play, so touching the sideline between those things wasn't out. The touchie was right there looking at it
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 10:29pm

In my usual tipping comp this year. Woeful start but still in the last man standing component. Went Warriors last week and the Roosters last night. 15 of 17 survived last week with 8 of those going Roosters last night.

Well tipping doesn't get much worse than this! 2 from 8 in rd 1 and backed it up with 1 from 8 in rd 2! The only way is up! But hey, I'm still in the last man standing part of the comp with 8 others.

Went Storm in the last man standing. Got lucky at the end with that one. Only one in the Comp to take them so hopping for a few upsets later in the round to clean a few of the other 8 out.

Well those upsets cleared a lot out. Only me and one other left in the last man standing part. Hanging out to win this again as with the disasterous start so far it will probably be my only chance of getting my money back this year!

Took Roosters in last man standing tonight so no we sit and wait to see what the other guy does. Here's hoping for an upset in the Panthers/Knights game tomorrow night as I'd expect him to go for Panthers since they are the shortest priced favs of the round.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 2:35pm

Jujuno should be able to clear this up, being a referees ticket holder, but I thought that between held and playing the ball the ball wasn't in play, so touching the sideline between those things wasn't out. The touchie was right there looking at it

exactly right...you can step over the sideline getting to your feet, so long as you resume playing the ball in the playing field...

it's actually a strange rule because if someone interferes with the person getting up to play the ball the infraction is of course valid... 

a bit contrary...

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Sharkie Sharkie wrote:

Once again the people with their eyes painted on have struck again Confused. If Keary didn't put his foot on the line getting up to play the ball I'm looking at a different game! Seriously!

I would have been happy if they'd noticed Reynolds being elbowed off his feet after kicking the ball into the chooks in-goal...

my daughter, who doesn't even like football, saw it and said "isn't that wrong?"

yes dear, but don't expect the refs to do anything about it...

Angry
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 6:32am
And here I was thinking the Tigers are crap

Des surely the next to go as the Dogs get smashed by Manly

I also hear whispers that the Dogs are after the Tigers 4 off contract players, do they have a cap?. They can have Brooks he is rubbish while hands off Tedesco and Woods and Moses well I'm still thinking he is like a box of chocolates
EAD
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 1:07pm

Took Roosters in last man standing tonight so no we sit and wait to see what the other guy does. Here's hoping for an upset in the Panthers/Knights game tomorrow night as I'd expect him to go for Panthers since they are the shortest priced favs of the round.

Still the two of us left after the Panthers demolition job. On we go to round 5.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gettingbigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 8:03am
well that was a turnaround in form , the difference was the halves stood up , Frawley how calm was he for his debut game , at 22 he looks to have a bright future.

Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 8:50am
Weather was the difference, bought teams closer together. WOuldnt be surprised if Manly go close tonight if similar conditions 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 39>