Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Lord Fandango

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lord Fandango
    Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 3:05pm
OTI import first Australian run in Race 5 at Ballarat today for Archie Alexander

Should win
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 3:34pm
Wins a race at 2400
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 6:54pm
Gets the money second up at $51 thank you very much
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 6:57pm
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 9:00pm
Yes, I backed him 1st up & thought it a super run so went again today & quin'd him & the toppy with Lloyds' hose; too stupid to box them but then, how often do 50/1 & 30/1 horses run 1 - 2 at Ballarat?
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 9:15pm
Just on a side note, can anyone fill me in re the Ballarat course? The little I know is that it's meant to be a bit more spacious and has some uphill sections... shouldn't it be good for horses who conserve their energy and can stay? I watched a few races today where they cluttered up to be on pace etc, and wondered if the jocks were doing the right thing?
Geraldo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geraldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 9:20pm
Oh, in that case he would've had an advantage over those horses that have only ever run on flat tracks, as he's run at Bath, Chepstow and Epsom, which are all undulating.   LOL

TBV - where it is the Silly Season all year round.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by Geraldo Geraldo wrote:

Oh, in that case he would've had an advantage over those horses that have only ever run on flat tracks, as he's run at Bath, Chepstow and Epsom, which are all undulating.   LOL

Explain the joke please - I don't follow english racing! Just asking about Ballarat.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 9:31pm
The inner track is basically flat & the straight slightly uphill. After the turn out of the straight it runs downhill then uphill along the back to the sweeping turn & fairly flat thereafter.

The feature event at the Ballarat Racecourse is the Ballarat Cup in November the final feature event of the Victorian Spring Racing Carnival.

The Ballarat Racecourse holds a wide variety of races ranging from 1000m sprints right up to 3,400m steeple races.

The club also holds midweek races on various days throughout the year as well as the Christmas Party Race Day, Family Fun Race Day and the Winter in the Forest Races.

Ballarat Racecourse Details:

Ballarat Racecourse consists of an old and a new track and the Race Club also caters for 300 horses in training. The capacity field is 18 runners with a course circumference of 1900 metres, track width is 30 metres and has a home straight of 450 metres. Inside barriers can be an advantage for several distances between 1,400 to 2,200 metres

The track has excellent drainage and is a good wet weather racing surface. All surfaces are irrigated, well-grassed and based on clay soils.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 9:38pm
I hope that one day the form guide will show which track they race on. They do at Sandown, so they should show if it is Inner or Outer track
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 9:41pm
Thanks Gay.
Geraldo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geraldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 9:59pm
No, joke, stayer, my laugh was a bit over the top.  Just found it amusing.  Most courses in Southern England outside the Thames Valley are undulating.  Nice to know that there is a track that our emigres can go to in Australia.  I'm so used to racetracks elsewhere being flat like the proverbial pancake.
TBV - where it is the Silly Season all year round.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by Geraldo Geraldo wrote:

No, joke, stayer, my laugh was a bit over the top.  Just found it amusing.  Most courses in Southern England outside the Thames Valley are undulating.  Nice to know that there is a track that our emigres can go to in Australia.  I'm so used to racetracks elsewhere being flat like the proverbial pancake.

Ah ok. Hard to read into texts sometimes. I remember reading that Matt Cumani chose Ballarat because it was undulating.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 10:31pm
Apart from the course proper, we have the 1400m, uphill straight Proride training track which appeals to most Smile
There are some fabulous shots here:
http://dceprofile.com/signature-projects/sport/ballarat-synthetic-uphill-training-track

Edited by Gay3 - 02 Apr 2017 at 10:35pm
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by Magnolian Khan Magnolian Khan wrote:

Wins a race at 2400

He gets out to 2350m at Warrnambool in Race 4 tomorrow 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 6:04pm
Dominant win at Benalla
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 10:40pm
Another good win yesterday, likely to head to Bendigo now
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 10:50pm
He's going to Caulfield isn't he ? 
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 10:50pm
Wonder where Weasal Weal is heading ? 
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 10:52pm
reductio ad absurdum
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 12:33am
Djebel :-     Posted: 1 hour 36 minutes ago at 9:50pm

He's going to Caulfield isn't he ?

Good win yesterday in a smart run.   Aloft set a sizzler ( choked up )    But Lord Fandango swooped and appears good enough to take on the big boys .        Might be one to save on at big odds in whatever.

Tosen Stardom's Toorak was a win with authority too.
HoraceThe Wiz View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoraceThe Wiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 10:45am
50kg in the CC must be a real chance.
Vintedge was good to me!
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 2:07pm
Looks super
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 6:42pm
Excellent first up run
SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 6:42pm
The ride was super negative.
" In gambling the many must lose in order for the few to win"
Foxseal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Foxseal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2020 at 10:13am
Didn’t show much last Spring in Melb, but I see he’s now with Lindsay Smith in WA.

First up he ran over 2200m when 5th in the Pinjarra Cup. 2nd up today he runs over 3200m in the Western Australia Cup.

If Spiritual Warrior can run the trip out, he’d probably win. But hope Lord Fandango gives a good account of himself.
Foxseal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foxseal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 10:53pm
I was surprised to see him racing at Coffs Harbour today after a brief but unsuccessful stint over in WA.

But wasn’t surprised to see him run last beaten nearly 20 lengths.  Good luck to the new connections but hope they didn’t pay OTI much for him.  
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 12:12am
Back with his original trainer as Jeremy trained him in the UK 
 Post Reply Post Reply