Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Trapeze Artist

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote correctweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 11:43am
Personally don't agree with that.

Sat on the breeze outside leader in the Expressway and still won.

He needs to be ridden just off the leader stalking them and not leading.

Has the most ability and biggest engine by far in this race and if ridden correctly will crush this field.
Hoffy95 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoffy95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 11:51am
Yeah I certainly don't think you want him leading even though he would have every opportunity to on the weekend with no obvious speed. 
lostclarity View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostclarity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 2:18pm
How can you knock this bloke? Keep up the push elsewhere.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by Hoffy95 Hoffy95 wrote:

Watch his wins vs his losses 

Finds cover - wins
No cover - loses 

It may not be that simple, but there has been a trend. And Tim Clarke I think it was made that point very clear about him a couple of starts back. I will be watching very closely for this purely to satisfy my own curiosity. 

The TJ wasn't even his main aim, this race was, which is scary for every other runner if he can go close to replicating last start. 

I've never been able to catch him either and you're brave taking close to evens, but evens could look good value too if he runs near his best because he will gap them if that's the case. 

It looks that way. I remember being a. surprised to see him leading, and b. shocked at the contemptuous ease Kementari handled him in the Hobartville. If he is ridden back in the All Aged we will have another test of your theory.
Nick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 11:37am
Just wins
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 3:31pm
Seems that Brave Smash won't run if the track is firm. Race is devoid of early pace which might present a conundrum for Angland - lead or sit outside the leader. Anyone heard their plans?

Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Seems that Brave Smash won't run if the track is firm. Race is devoid of early pace which might present a conundrum for Angland - lead or sit outside the leader. Anyone heard their plans?

I'm not recommending this but if they think cover is a necessity they could go to the front drop anchor and allow something to cross him.
Hoffy95 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoffy95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 3:51pm
Showtime and/or The Mission may look to take it up. I'm not sure what they'll try and do but suspect they will try and avoid leading unless it's handed to them on a platter. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 4:55pm
Just listened to KLees SSR podcast and seems they will go forward if possible on Le Romain. He also tipped the winner of Muss R3 at decent odds - good for those who caught him this morning.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 7:05pm
I have looked back at his form, and the only chink I find, is how does he back up.

That was a big effort last week and the only query for me is that it might have taken a bit out of him.

Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

A horse scratched because the track is too firm in Sydney in April- well now I've heard everything. It makes a change to horses drowning at Randwick.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 8:29pm
Ryan apparently said this was always his "grand final", the TJ was just a (lovely and marginally unexpected) bonus. Don't like the price but will probably get sucked in because he looks too good.
Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 2:08pm
I have no problem with the price, looks the winner.
Nick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 6:27pm
Love him and Redzel!

So honest (now for TA).
Nobody View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nobody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 9:30pm
Best 3yo colt in the country. 3 G1's and 3 open age WFA wins.

Will win the end of season award for sure.
jacko1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacko1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 10:03pm
Sadly we won't see much more of him on the track with the record he is building, but that's the racing industry for you.
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 10:36pm
I think it would be fitting with this horses name that his Trainer followed him into retirement as well.
RED HUNTER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 1:04am
If that was the case,the son takes over.
RED HUNTER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 1:05am
Originally posted by RED HUNTER RED HUNTER wrote:

Amazing horse and built to produce

TRAIPSE,the grand-dam, has sensational blood

re-iterating

and the owner deserves it...he has invested so much.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 1:17pm
$40 million?Shocked What are the assumptions behind that valuation? Mares x fee x years
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by jacko1 jacko1 wrote:

Sadly we won't see much more of him on the track with the record he is building, but that's the racing industry for you.

Headed for the Everest was mentioned y'day.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 2:09pm
It's being decided tomorrow I heard, but hinted he is going to stud.
antlowes View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antlowes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 11:10pm
More racing for this bloke. Everest, HK and even Ascot on the cards.

https://www.aushorse.com.au/trapeze-artist-all-aged-win/
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 11:22pm
Great stuff.
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 11:23pm
Good news. Thanks 
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 11:25pm
Anyone who knocked The Everest, can say with near certainty this wouldn't have happened without it.
Breeding Above All View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breeding Above All Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 9:06am
Very good news! Everest will only get bigger and bigger, looking forward to the evolution as it starts attracting more overseas talent too
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 10:22am
Is Trapeze Artist being prepared to end Winx's winning streak? He would be the toughest opposition the great mare has ever faced first up and I'd say a good chance of beating her, if it wasn't for his atrocious second-up record.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

breeding_above_all View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breeding_above_all Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 11:13am
WINS Today? Can’t see anything beating the big fella
breeding_above_all View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breeding_above_all Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 3:58pm
WOW looked very ordinary compared to Alizee
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>