Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

WA Horses

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 21>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by Sister Dot Sister Dot wrote:

Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

Originally posted by Jamal Jamal wrote:

Originally posted by Isaac soloman Isaac soloman wrote:

Afros is trolling you jamal.

I know Afros is being a troll, however I won't put up with being hammered for doing something that is not wrong. By all means hold me to acco i nt for doing something wrong on this forum but when I haven't done anything- No way will I just there and cop it. Hopefully the mods will take action and remove Alfros from this forum...his behaviour is not to be tolerated. Simple as that.

Over to you mods - your turn to take action.

Storm in a teacup, chill out, agree to disagree? 😊

Because I disagree with you and call you out on it? Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I should be banned, your opinion is not fact.

You're right, I just find blind parochialism annoying. I'm from Qld but honestly I find good horses equally as exciting regardless of where they are from.

On the topic at hand, WA horses, I'm very excited to see what Arcadia Queen can do in the spring, the fact that she wasn't raced this autumm suggests they rate her highly.
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 12:50pm
Nice to see sensible patient decisions can still be made 😁
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 1:33pm
So Alfros let me ask you...what constitutes a WA horse in your opinion??

Because this is how (in my opinion) I interpret a WA horse, see below my criteria and some example of horses:

1. Northerly - foaled in WA and raced in WA and when he went east he was still trained by WA based trainer Fred Kerserly.

2. Rogan Josh - foaled in WA, raced in WA, but was sent to an eastern states trainer (Bart Cummings).

3. Black Knight - foaled in WA, never raced in WA except for his last two starts. Was trained in the east by George Hanlon. In my opinion...still a WA horse and horses such as Ethiopia and Cedarberg were foaled in WA but did all of their racing in the east..they are the same as Black Knight but still again in my opinion- WA horses.

Guyno - foaled in New Zealand but did majority of racing in WA....had stakes win success outside WA. Was still trained by Lou Luciani...still a WA horse.

So these are my examples of "WA horses".

What are yours Alfros??
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 1:51pm
1. WA Horse.

2. WA Horse.

3. WA bred but not WA horses, if they are trained and raced (and likely owned) in the east they are Eastern States horses, the same as how someone born OS but moved to Aus very young, grew up and educated in Aus is an Australia.

4. Kiwi racing in WA.

Also interested where the 'l' in my username came from?
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 1:56pm
I’m confused
This space has been intentionally left blank
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 2:05pm
Everyone is free to make their own interpretation of what constitutes a ‘WA horse’.

But I think it would be commonly accepted that a horse would need to have done its initial racing in WA &/or have been trained in that state to be classified as a ‘WA Horse’, irrespective of where they’re foaled or if they have a WA based owner.

So Northerly & Rogan Josh are both definately bona fide WA horses.

But I don’t think anyone would consider Black Knight a WA horse. For his entire 60+ start career he was trained out of George Hanlons stable at Epsom. When he campaigned interstate, he’d have been referred to as a Melbourne stayer.

The same for Cedarberg & Ethiopia - I’d classify both of them as Mornington horses (not WA horses), as they did all their racing from Pat Carey’s yard.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 2:31pm
Exactly, you can't say Guyno is a West Aussie if you also claim the Cederberg is a West Aussie, it is a contradiction.
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 2:32pm
Hit the nail on the head Lord Hybrow
This space has been intentionally left blank
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 2:42pm
Well the question I ask is why do people see Black Knight as a WA horse? Just asking.
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 2:43pm
Boom Time is a WA horse or sure but I have friends who doubt that.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 3:01pm

Well the question I ask is why do people see Black Knight as a WA horse? Just asking.

That’s the point Jamal, racing fans DON’T see Black Knight as a WA horse!

He was trained in Victoria his entire career & then after retirement from the track he became a police horse serving the Victorian Police Force.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by Lord Hybrow Lord Hybrow wrote:

That’s the point Jamal, racing fans DON’T see Black Knight as a WA horse!

He was trained in Victoria his entire career & then after retirement from the track he became a police horse serving the Victorian Police Force.

Well some people in WA view Black Knight as a WA horse and view him as one of the three WA horses to win the Melbourne Cup, Blue Spec (1905) and Rogan Josh (1999) being the other two.

So it just c okmes down to how one wants to interpret things
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 4:27pm
This horse won his Maiden at Bunbury by 6 lengths in April; now sent over to Victoria and with Pat Carey. Goes around in the next at Echuca. Very short price, will be interesting to watch.

IMPI

4yo Bay Gelding
D.O.B: 27-Aug-2014
by CROWDED HOUSE (GB) from UMFOLOSI
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 4:42pm
Won with ease by about 6 lengths again
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by Xavier Xavier wrote:

Won with ease by about 6 lengths again

Yep, this galloper has stakes win written all over him hopefully.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 8:17pm
Long way to go.
That was a restricted Benchmark race at Echuca on a wet track
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 10:06pm

Long way to go.
That was a restricted Benchmark race at Echuca on a wet track

There will be some on this forum who won't classify him as a WA HORSE
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 10:15pm
Not sure why
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 1:48am

Not sure why

Cos they like to rattle the cage
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 11:57am
I see IMPI was nominated for a 2000m handicap race at Flemington this Saturday but has been scratched.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2019 at 6:32pm
Scales Of Justice...good win in the G3 Bletchingly Stakes....I had $10 each way..got him at $12 earlier in the week
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 12:46am
Good to see Ihtsahymn win the Darwin Cup with 60.5kg. Probably the 9nly Group 1 winner to win the Darwin Cup
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 1:14am
9 year- old WA horse Ihtsahymn won the $206,000 Darwin Cup (2000m) today with 60.5kg. Good effort.. The last WA horse to win the Darwin Cup was Mr Tambourineman in 2004. But no doubt Ihtsahymn is the first Group 1 winner to win the Darwin Cup. He won the Group 1 Kingston Town Classic in 2013.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 1:25am
Spare a thought for the horse that ran last in the Cup, Embley. He used to be part owned by none other than Bruce McAvaney and in 2017 ran second to Classic Uniform in the Hill Stakes, a Group 2 race at Randwick. Another interesting runner on Darwin Cup day was Java. He ran 4th to Dissident in the Group 1 Orr Stakes back in 2015. Java however, had a happier result and was victorious over 1600m and collected another $20,100 to add to his tally. It's funny how sometimes horses end up where least expected!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 10:42pm
I noticed that the great WA staying mare BEAUX ART passed away a few days ago.

A few big race wins in the mid-90’s including:

1994 WA Oaks
1994 WA Derby
1995 AJC St Leger
1995 Feehan Stks

Also some placings in big races:

3rd in the 1995 Caulfield Cup behind Doriemus
3rd in the 1996 Sydney Cup behind Count Chivas
2nd in the 1996 Turnbull Stks behind Doriemus

A great career - 37:9-3-4 for $782,460

acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 12:06am
Oh No.  She was an all time favourite of ours.  How old would she have been,  ( 28 maybe ? ) and where was she ?  Seems years since we followed her, and did very well backing her.
By Nomrood out of Valleymans Girl. 
animals before people.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 2:26am
See article below in regards to Beaux Art.

Reference: https://thewest.com.au/sport/horse-racing/snowchino-turns-up-the-heat-on-the-fugazi-ng-b881286713z

Snowchino turns up the heat on The Fugazi
Headshot of Jay Rooney
Jay Rooney
The West Australian
Saturday, 10 August 2019 2:00AM
Jay Rooney
Snowchino wins at Belmont for jockey Jason Whiting.
Snowchino wins at Belmont for jockey Jason Whiting.Picture: Simon Merritt/Western Racepix

Trainer David Harrison is confident improving mare Snowchino will reign supreme when she clashes with in-form gelding The Fugazi at Belmont Park today.

In one of the more exciting clashes of today’s meeting, Snowchino and The Fugazi will both chase three consecutive wins in the Mark Shreeve 50th Birthday Handicap (1600m).

Snowchino bolted in by two lengths in a midweek race before leading all the way to thrash her rivals by almost three lengths last start on July 20.

However, she is the $3.70 second favourite with TABtouch behind The Fugazi ($2.30), who has also won his past two starts brilliantly.

“I think she’s going to be hard to beat again,” Harrison said.

“She just got beat at her last start over the mile.

“She’s always been a work in progress and she’s improved every prep. At this stage I don’t know how good she’ll be.

“She’s gaining confidence every start and when mare’s are in good form, it’s hard to tip them out. She can sustain a high cruising speed for longer than most.”

A winner at four of 11 starts, Snowchino jumps from barrier two and will again be ridden by Jason Whiting.

She rises 3kg on her most recent victory.

Harrison’s only query is a firmer track. Belmont was rated a soft 6 yesterday but is expected to improve with clear weather.

“She’s won her last couple of starts on soft tracks,” Harrison said. “Whether she’s as affective on a good track, I’m not sure.”

Harrison also has solid claims with On The Turps in today’s Crown Perth Handicap (1400m).

“His last run behind The Fugazi was good and he needs a good, genuine speed to be a chance,” Harrison said.

Outstanding WA mare Beaux Art died at owner Geoff Evans’ property on Thursday night at the age of 28.

Beaux Art won the WA Oaks, WATC Derby and AJC St Leger in track record time and ran third in the Caulfield Cup and Sydney Cup for trainer David Edwards. She is the dam of current WA stallion Proart and Eye Art, who races at Belmont today.

Trainer Paige Kenney will face a stewards’ inquiry after her mare Thunder Boom tested positive to frusemide after her Northam win on May 30.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 2:40pm
Thanks Jamal.  I got it right .  28.   R I P girl.  She had a good life .
animals before people.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Thanks Jamal.  I got it right .  28.   R I P girl.  She had a good life .

Yep she sure did. Wasn't as successful off the track as she was on the track. Only had 3 stakes winners who won four stakes (Group/Listed) races....and all of them either won at Listed level and /or Group 3 level. Nothing higher then that.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 5:14pm
Forget run for Come Play with Me
Didn’t handle the wet track at all.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 21>