Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

WA Horses

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 21>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 8:13am
WA becomes the dumping ground for rubbish eastern states sires and obscure overseas stallions.

greedy stud managers and bloodstock agents who should know better dont help,

And those with the deepest pockets, usually of the back of mining interests, get sucked in, egos rubbed.

The biggest owner uses eastern based stallions. otherwise his mares are mainly WA lines.

Considering the horse population WA does ok. 

ChrisB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 2:09pm
Tasmania has just as good a record as WA in last 10 years off a vastly smaller base.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 11:53pm
Quilista has been sold to Aquis
Will race on this prep in Qld under Ciaron Maher & David Eustace
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 11:55pm
Whispering Brook was the headline act on a big day for WA owners and breeders when she sold for $1.1 million at the Magic Millions Gold Coast national broodmare sale yesterday.

WA’s champion two-year-old in 2016, Whispering Brook was bought by Japanese owner and breeder Katsumi Yoshida in conjunction with Arrowfield Stud.

The daughter of the late Yarraman Stud stallion Hinchinbrook, she won her first five races for trainer Simon Miller, including the Group 2 Karrakatta Plate (1200m).

She won another five races for Darren Weir, highlighted by the Group 2 Australia Stakes at Moonee Valley in January.

Managing owner Alan MacAlister was thrilled with yesterday’s result.

“Everyone’s happy,” he said. “I had Magnifisio who won a Group 1, but what this horse did as a two-year-old was absolutely incredible.

“She’s one of the best two-year-olds WA has ever had. Now I’ve got to find the next one.”

Quilista’s fairytale was completed when the WA-bred and owned mare sold to Aquis Farm for $950,000.

Bought by part-owner and original trainer Justin Warwick for $10,000 as a yearling, Quilista won nine races, including the Group 3 Birthday Card Stakes (1200m) at Rosehill, and more than $800,000 in prize money and bonuses.

Brilliant mare Dainty Tess was bought by WA’s Yarradale Stud for $300,000. Group 1-placed mare Missrock fetched the top price of $2.3 million, sold to UK buyers John and Jake Warren.
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 1:38am
Originally posted by Isaac soloman Isaac soloman wrote:

WA becomes the dumping ground for rubbish eastern states sires and obscure overseas stallions.

greedy stud managers and bloodstock agents who should know better dont help,

And those with the deepest pockets, usually of the back of mining interests, get sucked in, egos rubbed.

The biggest owner uses eastern based stallions. otherwise his mares are mainly WA lines.

Considering the horse population WA does ok. 

WA racing is not as good as racing in Melbourne and Sydney but every so often a.WA.horse will go east and do well. WA horses have won Group 1s in the east from 1000m to 3200m in the past 20 years
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2019 at 11:58am
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 9:37am
Boom Time ran below par on Saturday at Caulfield.

I reckon he has probably had enough. He's.not the same. Has there been any news from the Hayes.and Dabernig stable about the future for Boom Time? I reckon he should be retired.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 10:52am
Will keep pressing on
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by SkyDancer SkyDancer wrote:

Will keep pressing on

Ok interesting. It's a wonder they didn't aim Boom Time at a Brisbane Cup. There is not much around 8n Melbourne and Sydney.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 10:24pm
Boom Time has been retired
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 10:26pm
Already posted in the relevant Boom Time thread
This space has been intentionally left blank
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by crooked_gambler crooked_gambler wrote:

Already posted in the relevant Boom Time thread

I'm aware of that
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 10:59pm
You like the sound of your own voice, don't you Jamal?
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 11:44pm

Well if that's how you want to interpret things then go right ahead but sadly..I disagree and I'm sure most others on here would disagree with you as well.

Edited by Gay3 - 09 Jun 2019 at 10:27am
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

And you dont feel guilty of that afros?

Hypocrite.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 11:54pm
Reflect afros, reflect on you negative posts.

Go for it Jamal

its always great to follow WA horses when they make the grade of eastern states racing and breeding.

Something of a holy grail. 
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 1:09am
Yep well said. It's always good when a WA horse (bred and/Or traines) goes east and competes in the best races in Australia and does well.

Edited by Gay3 - 09 Jun 2019 at 10:28am
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 9:09am
Originally posted by Jamal Jamal wrote:

Well if that's how you want to interpret things then go right ahead but sadly..I disagree and I'm sure most others on here would disagree with you as well.

Frankly I just find your blind parochialism toward WA horses quite tiresome, especially your claim anything with the slightest link to the West approach.

Also no need to discuss his retirement in two seperate threads. Hence the like the sound of your own voice comment.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 10:25am
Very impressive return to the track from Battle Storm yesterday
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 11:20am

Frankly I just find your blind parochialism toward WA horses quite tiresome, especially your claim anything with the slightest link to the West approach.

Also no need to discuss his retirement in two seperate threads. Hence the like the sound of your own voice comment.

Do you actually read my comments. When I speak I speak in facts. The horses I mention on here are connected to WA in terms of being bred in WA and/Or WA trained.

So what is your issue about me talking in facts. If you find my dialogue "tiresome" then pit me on ignore or block me. Simple. By the way no one else has an issue with what I have to say...so that says a lot doesn't...only you seek to have the problem(s)
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 11:23am
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Very impressive return to the track from Battle Storm yesterday

Am hoping Battle Storm heads east at some stage
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 11:57am
Moderators, how is jamals promotion of WA horses any different to other posters self promoting their own horses and achievements?

How to discourage posters 101.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 11:58am
Afros is trolling you jamal.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 12:00pm

I know Afros is being a troll, however I won't put up with being hammered for doing something that is not wrong. By all means hold me to acco i nt for doing something wrong on this forum but when I haven't done anything- No way will I just there and cop it. Hopefully the mods will take action and remove Alfros from this forum...his behaviour is not to be tolerated. Simple as that.

Over to you mods - your turn to take action.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 12:02pm

Do you actually read my comments. When I speak I speak in facts. The horses I mention on here are connected to WA in terms of being bred in WA and/Or WA trained.

So what is your issue about me talking in facts. If you find my dialogue "tiresome" then pit me on ignore or block me. Simple. By the way no one else has an issue with what I have to say...so that says a lot doesn't...only you seek to have the problem(s)

By your logic a horse bred in WA, owned trained and raced in say Vic is a West Aussie, another horse bred in NSW, owned trained and raced in WA is a West Aussie, you can't have it both ways, its blind parochialism at its finest and when I've mentioned it before you've just sooked that you're just a proud West Aussie.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 12:04pm

I know Afros is being a troll, however I won't put up with being hammered for doing something that is not wrong. By all means hold me to acco i nt for doing something wrong on this forum but when I haven't done anything- No way will I just there and cop it. Hopefully the mods will take action and remove Alfros from this forum...his behaviour is not to be tolerated. Simple as that.

Because I disagree with you and call you out on it? Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I should be banned, your opinion is not fact.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 12:04pm
Bob Peters had 4 starters yesterday for 3 winners  in Perth.
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 12:19pm

Storm in a teacup, chill out, agree to disagree? 😊

Because I disagree with you and call you out on it? Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I should be banned, your opinion is not fact.
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 12:29pm
Afos you are doing a reasonable job at the promotion of WA horses etc yourself by informing us of what jamal is posting.

Look at  it that way Jamal.

However his attacks discourages decent posters.

I thought that was against the rules.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 12:30pm
Lindsey Smith is looking forward to coming to Victoria.

Will be something else for afros to complain about.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 21>