Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

WA Horses

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 21>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WA Horses
    Posted: 09 Nov 2023 at 5:45pm
The third-top lot in the November (Early) Sale was the Bob and Sandra Peters-offered Midnight Blue, which sold to David Ellis of Te Akau Racing for $92,500.

“The Ballarat Cup worth $500,000 is in a few weeks and is the race we’ve bought him for, we think it will really suit,’’ Ellis said.

“Often with these older horses you give them a new environment and they get a new lease on life and our trainer Mark Walker is a very good judge of looking at these horses and he really liked him so I bought him.

“We’ve bought a few for Singapore on Inglis Digital but this is the first time we’ve got one for our new Melbourne stable. The platform is great, it works really well, I’m more than happy to use it.’’
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2023 at 5:58pm
You presume correctly SC
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2023 at 2:18pm
Meaning Ike and Paige one presumes.  Bob has been great for WA racing however isn't everyone's cup of tea.
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2023 at 2:08pm
Never heard anything but good about both of them 
Hello Sunshine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hello Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2023 at 9:52am
Takahide Ikenushi starting to kick goals for Bob.
Similar training enviroment as the Williams.
Ike is a good guy of racing and a good horseman, along with his partner Paige.
mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2023 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Bob's been going like a busted arrs, relatively speaking, ever since Grant and Alana Williams gave him the flick for his refusal to pay a decent daily training rate.

Bob’s getting his karma 
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2023 at 8:12pm
Bob's been going like a busted arrs, relatively speaking, ever since Grant and Alana Williams gave him the flick for his refusal to pay a decent daily training rate.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2023 at 11:59am
Perth Cup winner Midnight Blue being offloaded via Inglis Digital by John Leek on behalf of Bob Peters
Ran in the Seymour Cup first up 2 weeks ago
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Plastic letters View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plastic letters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2023 at 11:16am
Wonderful mare. A bit like Octagonal in the way that she doesn’t blow them away by big margins while being super impressive 
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2023 at 8:24am
The Golden Eagle is a week after the Cox Plate so that won't work.

Interesting to note that she isn't even in the market for the Might and Power but is favourite for the Toorak, surely the M&P is at least under consideration? Maybe they want to avoid the big guns before the Cox Plate but if it were me that would be where I'd go, it would give them an earlier indication toward skipping the Plate and heading to the Eagle.
Seeing Manchester United relegated would mean more than words can describe to me.
mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2023 at 12:48am
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

She still looks a bit big to me Jamal so I will say they travel to Sydney for the Golden Eagle and then back to the Cox Plate as they can use the travel to put a bit of fitness into her.

But that is me.
Did lane say his recommendation was to stay in Melbourne? 
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2023 at 12:05am
She still looks a bit big to me Jamal so I will say they travel to Sydney for the Golden Eagle and then back to the Cox Plate as they can use the travel to put a bit of fitness into her.

But that is me.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2023 at 11:05pm
*Stocks Stakes
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2023 at 11:04pm
Amelia's Jewell takes the track record (1600m) for Moonee Valley. An easy win in the G2 Stutt Stakes. Surely a Cox Plate is the aim? Good for WA racing.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2023 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

The Playing Gods are doing alright also Jamal.

Yep
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2023 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by Jamal Jamal wrote:

Yeah Frigid ran 2nd

Your point being?
Seeing Manchester United relegated would mean more than words can describe to me.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2023 at 7:22pm
The Playing Gods are doing alright also Jamal.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2023 at 6:38pm
Yeah Frigid ran 2nd
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2023 at 3:48pm
Frigid goes around in a few minutes over 1400 at Caulfield, interesting that they've dropped her back in distance.  Can't help but wonder if this is just a run to keep her ticking over.
mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2023 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Met Rod in /75 , just after he returned from India , took him a little while to find his rhythm , rode his first winner for me in /79 in town , couple of pro-punters were getting his mail , I asked him to leave them out of this one as I have an owner to protect , sure , he said , 33s to 12s first up , I stopped eating grass for awhile Wink , champion bloke , fearless and vigorous in the saddle , still remembers the day . StarStarStar

I was in the PG camp 
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 6:40pm
Amelia's Jewel - impressive in the G2 Lets Elope Stakes
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2023 at 7:47pm
Met Rod in /75 , just after he returned from India , took him a little while to find his rhythm , rode his first winner for me in /79 in town , couple of pro-punters were getting his mail , I asked him to leave them out of this one as I have an owner to protect , sure , he said , 33s to 12s first up , I stopped eating grass for awhile Wink , champion bloke , fearless and vigorous in the saddle , still remembers the day . StarStarStar
mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2023 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by oldflight oldflight wrote:

100% mc41 
I had a bit to do with him when he rode for Mr Hickling, Importune and Sanatate among other I was only in my mid twenties but Rocket always seemed older than he was.
Super nice person, he rode for some big punters, back in the day, when money was washing around in WA 

She was a seriously dangerous game in WA back then, the only thing money could not buy was the Keys to a couple of those Vet sheds.
Champions there. 
You mean last resort Laurie 😂😂😂 and buster 
oldflight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oldflight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2023 at 3:45pm
100% mc41 
I had a bit to do with him when he rode for Mr Hickling, Importune and Sanatate among other I was only in my mid twenties but Rocket always seemed older than he was.
Super nice person, he rode for some big punters, back in the day, when money was washing around in WA 

She was a seriously dangerous game in WA back then, the only thing money could not buy was the Keys to a couple of those Vet sheds.
mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2023 at 2:58pm
Definitely didn’t see the best of R Kemp  ✅✅✅

Edited by Gay3 - 13 Sep 2023 at 5:18pm
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2023 at 2:12am
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2023 at 7:18pm
That WA horse Alaskan God ran well in the G2 Feehan Stakes to get 5th.
Plastic letters View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plastic letters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 9:44am
Geez some of those Peters horses have fallen a long way. Unhappy
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 8:51am
The G3 Naturalism is in 3 weeks (a BM78 over 2000 worth $80k is on the same card), there's also a BM78 over 1800 at Sandown in 4 weeks, maybe one of those races would be an option before thinking of races like the Coongy or JRA Cup and Matriach.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 9:46pm
It was a nice effort Jamal!

Problem now is where does she go. A perfect race for her would be the Matriarch but that is two months away.

There are races such as the Stock Stakes at 1600m or the Ladies Day Vase on Thousand Guineas day.

But just not sure she is ready to step into stakes grade.

Guess we find out over the next two months. 
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 21>