Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Everest

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 29>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Overseer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 9:51pm
Damion Flower must have found an abandoned bag of cash on the airport carousel. Must apply for a job in that line of business! How is Gerald's application for stables in Melbourne going with RVL? Does anyone know.
Watch the commission go on
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 7:24am
10 million dollar race with a 2 dollar advertisement
EAD
Overseer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Overseer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 12:35pm
Damion Flower and James Harron.

Can somebody tell me who has taken the other 10 slots - and is confirmed.
Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 2:06pm
This is coming along nicely as a project, looks like it may be a success despite all the naysayers.
Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 9:56pm
This is going to be huge. Massive race coming up!

Scott Darby
Thrilled to secure a spot in the @racing_nsw $10million Everest 4 She Will Reign after @inglis_sales brokered a deal with slot holder Yulong 
Underground View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Underground Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 7:26am
backed her at 13s, probably unders and a long way to go but the top of the market hardly inspires confidence.. think she's pretty special
HoraceThe Wiz View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoraceThe Wiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 9:52am
Wont be 13's come Everest Day
Vintedge was good to me!
bph2510 View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bph2510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 2:45pm
Big money for houtzen today. Tipping a spot confirmed soon.
Won't have to run in a swimming pool again in the Everest connections would be hoping
Horse owner, breeder, punter.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 3:11pm
People getting carried away by 2 year old form.......
Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 5:40pm
FULLY BOOKED FOR NEXT 3 YEARS

The Everest Race Slots Filled

Racing NSW and the Australian Turf Club today announced that all slots have been filled for the $10 million The Everest to be run for the first time at Royal Randwick Racecourse on Saturday, 14 October 2017.

“I am delighted to announce that we have filled all twelve places in The Everest,” said Racing NSW Chairman, Mr Russell Balding, AO.
“We are proud that Sydney will now have the world’s richest turf race. This will also ensure an international focus for thoroughbred racing in Sydney.”

The future of the race has been secured with a broad range of slot holders having committed to participate in the race for the first three runnings through to 2019. These slot holders also have an option for The Everest in 2020.

“We are thrilled at the response from both within and outside the racing industry,” said Australian Turf Club Chairman, Mr Laurie Macri.

“It is important that racing finds ways to generate mainstream interest in the sport. The Everest has already generated tremendous interest and adds a new dimension to racing,” Mr Macri added.
Full details of all slot holders will be announced in coming weeks. “All slot holders will be provided the opportunity to maximise their involvement in The Everest,” Mr Balding said.
Saturday’s Darley TJ Smith Stakes at The Championships now carries an added element, with the race certain to attract the attention of slot holders. Many runners will also be seeking a return to Royal Randwick in October.

Greg Ingham’s GPI Racing, represented by the newly launched Andrew Williams Bloodstock, is one of the confirmed slot holders and a part-owner of Chautauqua [pictured above] which chases a third consecutive TJ Smith Stakes at The Championships this Saturday.

The grey will be directed towards The Everest in October 2017 and GPI Racing will work with Andrew Williams to source the best quality local or international sprinters for subsequent runnings of The Everest.
Golden Slipper winner She Will Reign was also last week confirmed as a runner in The Everest for Yu Long Investments. Run under weight-for-age conditions, the Everest will be the highlight of racing in Sydney’s spring and both the richest 1200 metre race in the world and the richest turf race in the world.
Vain View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 6:31pm
As the event is 6 months away it will be interesting to see how many of the horses suggested to be taking on the event will actually make it on the day.  Certainly the attrition rate of early nominations for the Caulfield and Melbourne Cups is high. I assume there will be a lot of selling and buying spots as the raceday nears and some of the candidates fall by the wayside.
Keep them honest
Bushy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bushy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 8:24pm
SO Greg Ingham who part owns the grey will also try and help source other runners to make it harder for his own horse ?
Gimme a break
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 8:25pm
Is there a list of all purchasers available?
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by Bushy Bushy wrote:

SO Greg Ingham who part owns the grey will also try and help source other runners to make it harder for his own horse ?
Gimme a break

It says for subsequent runnings, ie this will be Chautauqua's only year running before retired, then he will try and find the best horses to run in it.
Winning Run View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winning Run Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by Magnolian Khan Magnolian Khan wrote:

Is there a list of all purchasers available?

the intention was to release names in stages to maintain media momentum but I cant see how they will all get out sooner rather than later.
Vivarchi View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivarchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 9:56pm
I'm a racing fanatic and a 30 year owner. Bought a share in my first at 20yo and still going at 50.

I have zero interest in this sham d*ck measuring contest.
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by Vivarchi Vivarchi wrote:

I'm a racing fanatic and a 30 year owner. Bought a share in my first at 20yo and still going at 50.

Then don't follow it? 

It's not for everyone, but it's certainly generated excitement for a lot of people. Good on them for doing something.
Vivarchi View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivarchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by Speediskey Speediskey wrote:

Then don't follow it? 

It's not for everyone, but it's certainly generated excitement for a lot of people. Good on them for doing something.

It's going to be hard to avoid though.

The d*ck flaunters are going to make sure their product is rammed down racing enthusiasts throat.

*excuse the unintended pun.

The race will be no different to any normal Grp1 sprint, yet the publicity will be amped up 1000% for the priveliged few gloryhounds.

Gimme more, gimme more, gimme more.

Anyway, that's my opinion for what it's worth. 
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 10:46pm
Somebody's a little bitter LOL
Vivarchi View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivarchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by Lordy Lordy wrote:

Ok, my last say on this race(unless someone posts a really juicy reply that i can't help re-commenting on lol)

Yeah, i guess there is a little bit of bitterness. If that's the right word.

And i bet the little bit of bitterness is also shared by many of this country's thousands of everyday participants. Racing is still a game for the people here.

And i know the supporters of the concept will say anyones horse can run in it. But to do so, you have to "sell" it to a d*ckswinger.

It just doesn't sit well.

A massive amount of free publicity is going to go to a few. All just to see money go round in a circle.

meh
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 11:05pm
Sydney runs on hype.  It is a city of advertising agencies.  Everest is the perfect fit for them. 

horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 11:16pm
List of "slot" holders according to SMH

Everest slots: Damion Flower, James Harron, Max Whitby, Greg Ingham with Chautauqua, Yulong Investments with She Will Reign, Aquis with Houtzen, Chris Waller Racing, Coolmore Stud, The Star, TAB, Inglis, ATC.
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 11:30pm

Ok, my last say on this race(unless someone posts a really juicy reply that i can't help re-commenting on lol)

Yeah, i guess there is a little bit of bitterness. If that's the right word.

And i bet the little bit of bitterness is also shared by many of this country's thousands of everyday participants. Racing is still a game for the people here.

And i know the supporters of the concept will say anyones horse can run in it. But to do so, you have to "sell" it to a d*ckswinger.

It just doesn't sit well.

A massive amount of free publicity is going to go to a few. All just to see money go round in a circle.

meh

It a race self funded by entry fees and sponsorship. No reason for everday industry participants to be concerned by it. Let the people who have earned their money play with it. To get upset that people are doing so comes across as pure envy.
Overseer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Overseer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 11:42pm
Where is the ATC getting the 1.8million from? The members will be intrigued. Maybe from the Sale of the Studbook?
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 12:05am
Can't say I'm fussed with it myself Vivarchi. It gives the impression that racing is the plaything of the very wealthy (and/or stupid). You can't buy credibility and years of heritage. Will be interesting to see if it attracts OS sprinters.
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 12:17am
People getting their knickers twisted about this race being a rich person's play thing should head out to the Inglis sales next week.  Watch them spend $millions on a "cracking type with a great walk" and no idea whether it can beat its own shadow in a race.
Delta Deel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 12:25am
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Can't say I'm fussed with it myself Vivarchi. It gives the impression that racing is the plaything of the very wealthy (and/or stupid). You can't buy credibility and years of heritage. Will be interesting to see if it attracts OS sprinters.

D Flower said last week he had his eye on a number of international G` sprinters he had his eye on for this year until he can find the right 3yo colt for next year.
https://group1selections.wordpress.com/
Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 12:37am

It gives the impression that racing is the plaything of the very wealthy (and/or stupid).
That impression would be true though.

They call it the sport of kings.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 1:28am

People getting their knickers twisted about this race being a rich person's play thing should head out to the Inglis sales next week.  Watch them spend $millions on a "cracking type with a great walk" and no idea whether it can beat its own shadow in a race.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 1:35am
Originally posted by Sneck Sneck wrote:

It gives the impression that racing is the plaything of the very wealthy (and/or stupid).
That impression would be true though.

They call it the sport of kings.

Or sheiks. 

Fortunately, as this forum shows, it's not solely the domain of the VERY wealthy in this country, although I'm sure Joe Janiak would be happy enough with the moniker as would - ironically - the many owners of She Will Rein.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 29>