Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Everest

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 29>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 12:30pm
Just have to love SPORTSBET's answer to

THE HOTHAM  .....runs today at BALLARAT....50k maiden for donkeys

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by troppo75 troppo75 wrote:

Sorry, just read the article on this race.

600k entry? Lets say you own Scenic Blast or Flying Artie..  you have to win at least 2 G1 races and have a lazy 600k still in the kick.. TO ENTER!!!

"Normal owners" would have the money spent, maybe another horse.. or a nicer car?? You're not putting it in the bank thinking... gee I'd like to NOMINATE for a damn race... 

So.. to logically address this race... it has ZERO history to it.. so stud farms arent going to hang their hat on having won the prestigious 'everest'.. it's a cash grab.

It also gives NSW bragging right to the richest race?? So its a 'who's is bigger' contest?? Sword fight? Pretty lame. 

Congratulations.
fisherman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fisherman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 1:25pm
Even those that hate it cant stop talking about..the old saying any publicity is good publicity.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by fisherman fisherman wrote:

Even those that hate it cant stop talking about..the old saying any publicity is good publicity.

Is the Caulfield Guineas being run this year?Confused
Hoffy95 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoffy95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Is the Caulfield Guineas being run this year?Confused

15 minutes apart. Might be on Sky 2 if the Everest is running late. 
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 8:51pm
I honestly cant believe that She Will Reign is paying over $5.50 in some markets.

She is very very good.
In my opinion, she should be paying $2

She is way way way over the odds at $5.50

Double your outlay on the place too.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 8:52pm
Sounds like that AFL final prediction !
Breeding Above All View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breeding Above All Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

I honestly cant believe that She Will Reign is paying over $5.50 in some markets.

She is very very good.
In my opinion, she should be paying $2

She is way way way over the odds at $5.50

Double your outlay on the place too.

$2... how and why
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 11:20pm
I'm also a knock for SWR. Not unusual for the top two year olds to perform well first up as three year olds. For some it pretty well stops there. I like Chautauqua & Redkirk Warrior
Refer ALP Election Promises
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

I'm also a knock for SWR. Not unusual for the top two year olds to perform well first up as three year olds. For some it pretty well stops there. I like Chautauqua & Redkirk Warrior

This is a hot sprint field.

Can REDZEL & DEPLOY repeat their Course record runs in this.
No rain & I'm tipping the CR to go again.   They will fly

Redzel up .5K   Deploy up 2K
sowong View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sowong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 12:52am
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

What do you make of their recent trial?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 8:20am
I can't see much pace. Houtzen and Redzel will get to the front pretty easily. It's not in their interest to go fast- who is going to pressure them?
Breeding Above All View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breeding Above All Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 9:29am
Houtzen, Redzel, Deploy, vega magic...there will be plenty of pace
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 9:50am
Originally posted by sowong sowong wrote:

What do you make of their recent trial?

Both trialled well . Under double wraps all the way.   Dry track Redzel the one to beat ,    The course record holder , Deploy has to be worth a tote ticket.
Should the rain oome,   the big finishing NO1 ( Chautauqua) has to be considered. ( what fool named that Cat )
fisherman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fisherman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 10:00am

I can't see much pace. Houtzen and Redzel will get to the front pretty easily. It's not in their interest to go fast- who is going to pressure them?

Well you'd be the only one that cant see much pace in the race.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 10:02am

I don't know about that. Just googled Everest speed map to see what others thought and the only one I can find agreed with me.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 10:19am

I don't know about that. Just googled Everest speed map to see what others thought and the only one I can find agreed with me.

The race is full of horses who only know one thing   SPEED.
So many of them ran sizzling times in their lead up races , I would think , they will go like the wind.
Big finishers like Deploy & Chautauqua will be flying at the end.
   (   all only opinion when all said & done )
fisherman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fisherman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 10:34am
It wont be a dawdle up front. This race is as much a game of tactics as a horse race and there's several that wont give them a soft lead.
Hoffy95 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoffy95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 10:41am

The race is full of horses who only know one thing   SPEED.
So many of them ran sizzling times in their lead up races , I would think , they will go like the wind.
Big finishers like Deploy & Chautauqua will be flying at the end.
   (   all only opinion when all said & done )

Deploy a big finisher? 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 11:57am
She Will Reign smashed a super hot field in the slipper.
Many horses that didnt beat her, have since proven they are good, including Trapeze Artist.

She Will Reign at the Valley, was near last, went wide, still got up, over shorter distance.
Whenever a horse at such short distance, that can go wide at the valley, and still get up, speaks for itself.

Im on She Will Reign at $2,30 the place, because thats what odds she should be to win.

will certainly be backing her to win though too.

May even bet the margin on ladbrokes, to win by over a length.
They wont catch her.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 12:08pm
The other thing,

She Will Reign,

Barrier 2
Carries just 51kg
And it will rain.

And Reign. She Will.

She will skip ahead and reign them a merry dance.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 3:00pm
http://www.racingnsw.com.au/article-display/Stewards-Issue-Everest-Whip-Rule-Warning/24179

"Significant financial penalties, including loss of winning percentage, or even a protest will come into play if any rider flouts the whip rules in Saturday’s $10 million The TAB Everest."

LOL No, that won't happen.

Angland was fined $4,000 for winning a Stallion shaping Group 1 (by a short head) on a High Chaparral colt after whipping it 9 times before the 100m. Stewards said they "...could not be satisfied that Ace High gained an advantage that resulted in it winning..."
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 3:10pm
1.she will reign

2. Fell swoop.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 3:14pm
The way F & M go at WFA these days ( not just Winx ), I wouldn't be playing much away from them.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 3:21pm
The last 500 F&M that went around in non sex restricted WFA races, ran at a profit at SP + 1 tote, I can't ignore that.
fisherman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fisherman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

1.she will reign

2. Fell swoop.

Should pay well...
rugby0 View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rugby0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 3:50pm
Redzel and Chats to fight it out. Leaning toward on pace Redzel though. SWR lay of the spring - huge ask from a great horse, but too many threats for her here.
Jezabeel was my greatest horse.
TheCat View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 4:03pm
Can't see SWR placing in this. If Redzel crosses Houtzen (as expected) best case she's 3 pairs back the fence. If she misses the kick where does this leave her? She'll be needing a lot of luck when straightening and regardless I don't think she's good enough to get past some of those who'll be in front of her in the run. LAY...
"A dollar won is twice as sweet as a dollar earned."

Twitter: Paddywack6
Hoffy95 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoffy95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by TheCat TheCat wrote:

Can't see SWR placing in this. If Redzel crosses Houtzen (as expected) best case she's 3 pairs back the fence. If she misses the kick where does this leave her? She'll be needing a lot of luck when straightening and regardless I don't think she's good enough to get past some of those who'll be in front of her in the run. LAY...

She certainly won't want to get caught at the back having to out-sprint Chautauqua. 
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

The last 500 F&M that went around in non sex restricted WFA races, ran at a profit at SP + 1 tote, I can't ignore that.
To make it actually relevant Max - how many 3yo fillies have contested and won open WFA sprints 1000-1400m) before Xmas?  I doubt if many have tried but none will have met such a strong field of seasoned older horses. 

SWR might be a feak and prove we doubters (for this race) wrong but if one doesn't get her another will imo. Think the fillies are all up against it here and wouldn't be surprised in none even hits first four. A sit sprint is their best chance and that looks unlikely with pressure sure to go on before the turn if not in early running. Assuming dry track, also think Chau won't be winning because they won't be running as slowly over the last 200m as they do on heavy tracks. Would love to see him blouse them though.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 29>