Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Humidor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 14>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 6:58pm
Excellent....bloody fat fingers on the phone.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 7:44am
We started following him here in NZ when he won his first race, but, he was a worry as he was on one rein all the time, and the gear he carried was mind boggling, Weir is to commended for what he's done, but this fellow is a very serious horse and I would love to see him go to Royal Ascot!
AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 7:41pm
Im not knocking the horse was a good win on Saturday .........but it had that race run to suit and sprinted clear only over a mile ....

Im blown away hes now the Caulfield Cup fav .....never won over 2000m he has to be suspect at a strong 2400m .......
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 7:50pm
Er, he won the Gp 1 Australian Cup over 2000m before running 2nd in the Gp 1 BMW over 2400m.
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by AdaHunta AdaHunta wrote:

Im not knocking the horse was a good win on Saturday .........but it had that race run to suit and sprinted clear only over a mile ....

Im blown away hes now the Caulfield Cup fav .....never won over 2000m he has to be suspect at a strong 2400m .......

Assuming you mean beyond 2000m. I think the main thing about him is his manners actually do seem to be improving. We see a lot of talented horse that we think will come good when they learn what it's all about but full credit to Weir, he looks to have got him on the right track. Wanted to lay in a touch again but nothing like early doors.

And yes he had things to suit yesterday but he came some top class gallopers serious windburn. You might be right about 2400 (he was no match for Jameka in the BMW, but that was on a swamp), but I think he's a deserved favourite. Though I do think Flemington is clearly his track.
AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 10:55pm
Yeah I mean over 2000m (beyond ) glad u know what I'm talking about Judge 

Like I said I'm not knocking the horse or trainer Weir is doing a great job getting the horse right has sweated up badly prior to races and is green when it matters most ......just both his 2400m runs give me no confidence the horse can sprint hard at the end of a staying trip hes never hit the line well 

To firm as a Favourite for a Caulfield Cup based on a 1600m run ..........is riskaaaaaaay business I think 

If I owned him id go Cox Plate you know he can sprint hard at the end of a 2000m race 

But I'm only a hack what would I know Big smile
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 11:10pm
I couldn't go Cox Plate over Caulfield Cup with a stayer like him and a champion like Winx heading to the Cox Plate.

Gets his last chance to win a Caulfield Cup before he's probably past it and weighted out of it. Looks to be in for a career peak and anything is possible - 2400m doesn't look a huge concern to me, but then we're all guessing to that extent.
Sunline...simply supreme
AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 11:16pm
How is he a Stayer ??

Hes never won a Staying race 
AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 11:30pm
That run on Saturday had Cox Plate written all over it good pace and lethal sprint last 400m if hes in that sort of form .......id be leaning more towards the plate ....but judge is right Flemington looks his go the Valley track could be to tight 

Personally I want the Cox Plate full of the best horses I think Humidor is a worthy 2000m opponent to Winx ...the field is starting to look thin to me 

mikey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 1:03pm
Caulfield Cup, Cox Plate back up - straight into the Melbourne Cup! The first horse to win all 3 since Rising Fast ;-)
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 4:21pm
A very odd result in light of his previous form under 2000m and his two 1400m runs this spring - very odd indeed. I didn't see the race and haven't seen a replay - any logical explanation?

Hartnell must have run a shocker. BHB can't run the distance out so that's not altogether a shock.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 4:29pm
Hartnell did not run a shocker but it was clearly not his best.

It was apparently run at a breakneck speed. I was on Hartnell and was quite happy where he was in the run and how he was travelling. 

reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 4:30pm
reductio ad absurdum
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

A very odd result in light of his previous form under 2000m and his two 1400m runs this spring - very odd indeed. I didn't see the race and haven't seen a replay - any logical explanation?

Hartnell must have run a shocker. BHB can't run the distance out so that's not altogether a shock.

You must have forgotten his first three runs last prep over 1400m and 1600m - they were huge and he threw most of those races away with hanging in badly.
Sunline...simply supreme
AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 8:49pm
Yeah his 1400 - 1600m runs last prep were impressive because hes a 2000m horse thats his sweet spot 

Look ....

2040m beaten 0.2L

2100m beaten 2L

2400m beaten 6.7L

2400m beaten 6.5L 

Hes had three attempts at 2000m 

And won them all 

If this horse is a stayer then I’m Mickey Mouse 

Don't back him in the Cups at those odds .......they are poison 

mikey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 1:14am
5yo now & matured.

If ridden well he will get the 3200 metres & be hard to beat for the big one.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 9:52am
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

You must have forgotten his first three runs last prep over 1400m and 1600m - they were huge and he threw most of those races away with hanging in badly.

He'd been beaten by 5.6 and 5.2 lengths over 1400m already this spring. No logical reason I can see why he would suddenly improve enough to win by 3.3 lengths over 1600m. 

A very odd result.
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 10:02am
Not really. 1600m Flemington off a strong tempo is a completely different kettle of fish to a 1400m crawl around Caulfield. Very talented horse on an upward spiral who got conditions to suit. Had plenty of admirers before Saturday, and stable horses generally improve into their prep. See plenty of stranger results than that.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 10:04am
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

Not really. 1600m Flemington off a strong tempo is a completely different kettle of fish to a 1400m crawl around Caulfield. Very talented horse on an upward spiral who got conditions to suit. Had plenty of admirers before Saturday, and stable horses generally improve into their prep. See plenty of stranger results than that.

If Humidor ever does something similar at 1600m I will wear a dress to church.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 7:18pm
Damian Lane said Humidor "hung like a rusty gate and cost himself the race".
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 7:57pm
He did hang terribly again and looked the winner at one point but Boom Time was climbing all over him to get out and was travelling twice as well. I can't cop it wins fig it runs straight, and it was my biggest result if it won so no bias from me to say he shouldn't have won.
Sunline...simply supreme
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 8:14pm
There's definitely something amiss when seasoned horses hang in consecutive races & hopefully it can be diagnosed before he too breaks down.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 8:16pm
He has always been hanging, but it seems to be worse than usual. If only he could tell, what the problem is!!
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 4:58pm
Possibility of running in the Cox Plate
mikey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 5:15pm
A Cox Plate placing is probably a better option than running down the track in the Melbourne Cup. It does look as though he will struggle to get 3200 metres.
TheCat View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 5:30pm
Not sure I can entertain him after a poor run 2 ago, and now on the sharp back-up after a gut buster. Also i'm pretty certain the valley won't suit given his laying-in tendencies.   
"A dollar won is twice as sweet as a dollar earned."

Twitter: Paddywack6
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 5:56pm
Weir was furious with the ride. Horse having a gallop tomorrow before acceptances, that will make the decision.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 6:01pm
Are you sure Khan he was talking about Humidor, and not Amelie's Star?

That is the second week in a row where Craig Williams has ridden a horse in a feature race and did the wrong thing from the barrier. I understand getting Amelie's Star forward, but he must of got a extra fee for getting to the post first, first time around.

If I am an owner of a horse in a big race, right now, I am banning Williams from riding my horse.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 6:10pm
If you are an owner of a horse you would not have it in the Weir factory.

reductio ad absurdum
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by Magnolian Khan Magnolian Khan wrote:

Possibility of running in the Cox Plate

It’s one of the big 3 majors for the Spring carnival, so I can understand owners wanting to run in the Cox Plate.

But his best runs have been at Flemington, so it would be more sensible to wait for the Mackinnon Stakes 2000m. They could then back up in the Sandown Classic 2400m after that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 14>