Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Care To Think

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 11:43pm
Done the form and on ratings Care To Think will be very hard to beat. I will be backing On The Fiddle too though. He only narrowly won a class 1 at Goulburn last start, but it was slowly run and the 2nd horse kicked in the straight. Was a strong effort to run him down and was soft win in the end. Well bred being a half to G1 placed Happy Clapper and G2 placed Gig. It's a bonus that CTT is trained by Matty Dunn, and OTF by Matty Dale, the two Highway masters.

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 1:02am
So where will he go ?

Even an off colour Randwick is superior to a 100% healthy Doomben.
reductio ad absurdum
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 12:13pm
Doubt he'll be winning at Randwick myself. 3 of his last 4 runs have been at unsuitable tracks and last time was 1200m - again. MDunn generally places his horses very well but from a distance it appears CTT could have been more suitably placed. Smart trainer so there must be reasons.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 5:28pm
Scratched from Randwick.

I stand by my original comments regarding the trainer.

Their horse so they can do what they want, But fair dinkum they do themselves no favours.

reductio ad absurdum
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 10:14pm
Although I had backed Care To Think at $3.50 I'm quite happy he's scratched. I can now back On The Fiddle to beat Suncraze.
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 7:02pm
Like his unlucky 'brother' Suncraze he broke through for a well deserved win today.
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 1:08am
Should finally win his Highway race on Saturday.
talk View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote talk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2017 at 3:48pm
That was good
talk
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2017 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by talk talk wrote:

That was good

That was very very good.

Eventually eventually he will be winning BM100+ races over 2000m eventually. 
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2017 at 3:56pm
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2017 at 4:02pm
reductio ad absurdum
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2017 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Originally posted by talk talk wrote:

That was good

That was very very good.

Eventually eventually he will be winning BM100+ races over 2000m eventually. 

If he hadn't lay in the second horse makes it very interesting, he's average in my book , prefer the second horse fwiw.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 5:21pm
I have never been so happy to be so wrong. 😉
reductio ad absurdum
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 5:27pm
That's a huge call Djebel, given you've been so wrong so many times before.Tongue
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 6:19pm
Nice win today!

Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 6:25pm
Of course i could yet be right, he'll get to a BM100 when he gets to 2000m.
reductio ad absurdum
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 6:36pm
So You Think is one of the worst names for a champion racehorse I’ve seen (though honourable mentions go to Might and Power, Makybe Diva and Black Caviar). Now we seem destined to be infested with similarly dreadfully named progeny.

Say what you like about harness racing, but they’re much better at naming horses.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

So You Think is one of the worst names for a champion racehorse I’ve seen (though honourable mentions go to Might and Power, Makybe Diva and Black Caviar). Now we seem destined to be infested with similarly dreadfully named progeny.

Say what you like about harness racing, but they’re much better at naming horses.

Almost a contradiction in terms Judge, and some might say "what's in a name"?  Wink
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 8:53pm
Big win today, called him a little short my bad, looks to be top class.
Paul Hogan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Hogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

Yeah 'Crackerfats' was a great name for a trotter eh FORD.
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 9:46pm
Interesting that his dam Slippery Madam hasn’t been served for the past 3 years and dropped off official stud book records a few months ago.

Wonder what the story is there?
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 9:49pm
I was thinking more on the lines of Shakamaker, Smoken Up and Blacks a Fake..but yes Hoges, that one is indeed a “cracker”...
Paul Hogan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Hogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 9:58pm
So You Think Blacks a Fake, you been Smoken Up!
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 9:07am
One of the wins of the day yesterday. I took notice!

MM Cup at his mercy. Shame Sportsbet is taking bets on the race without the winner in the market!
Sunline...simply supreme
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 3:35pm
At a price where I will just watch around this terrible race course.

reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 3:37pm
Whilst he should stay as far as his trainer wants him to, he is also a Stradbroke horse. 
reductio ad absurdum
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 3:39pm
Good horse
Will win a race in Melbourne and sydney on his way to world glory in Hong Kong next December
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

How dumb is this trainer.

1200m around Ipswich. Ouch

The trainer is certainly doing a good job for the owners.

reductio ad absurdum
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 4:00pm
I'd say he's QLD's best horse right now but technically he's not trained in QLD.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 4:02pm
There are times djebel when your hand has been forced and you need to get a run in him for various reasons, ok Ipswich, just remember Atlantic Jewel raced at first start on proxy dirt .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>