Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Boom Time

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boom Time
    Posted: 26 Nov 2016 at 6:33pm
Awww!  Gay!
You just beat me to it!

All I wanted to say was that is was a great ride to position the horse just off the speed as he would never. ever have got home over the top of that field coming from the back. 

Good move from WA to Vic.

Smile

“The probability of a certain set of circumstances coming together in a meaningful (or tragic) way is so low that it simply cannot be considered mere coincidence. ”
― V.C. King
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2016 at 6:36pm
He's earned his own thread anyway Flight Smile

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2016 at 7:27pm
Was going to say the same thing Flight. Eased right out in the betting because punters thought would get back and wide, but Williams was awake to how the track was playing and went forward in a winning move.
deejays destiny View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deejays destiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 10:30am
No it is not locked.
Aurelius View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 10:35am
Time to get off the Boom Train.
Aurelius View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 11:01am
Originally posted by Aurelius Aurelius wrote:

Time to get off the Boom Train.

In saying that he possibly gets up again dunno but the walls are closing in on him and at $ 3.00 giving it a miss 😨
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 11:05am
Happy to back him again at $3.30.
jimbob04 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbob04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 11:37am
has great chance bit short imo

Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 3:24pm
Just too good for them
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 3:24pm
BOOM!

Showed them the tail in the straight.

Well ridden! Didn't push to lead early on!
Delta Deel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 3:24pm
Not sure why anyone wanted to jump off, looked an easier race that last start but with the late drift and odds boost.... very nice price!!
https://group1selections.wordpress.com/
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016 at 3:41pm
I increased my bet as he drifted out. Puccini..... give me a break!
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 1:57pm
only danger to stratum star , if Ss doesn't run the trip then this guy wins
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 1:59pm
I'm on again. SS is the class runner but been around the world recently.
Balciano View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balciano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 2:45pm
Didn't seem to handle the track/reverse way of going at all.

Did well to finish as close as he did.
Morgan Dollar View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morgan Dollar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 5:05pm
Looked pretty plain yesterday at the valley.

I backed him in an all in market for the Melbourne cup at huge odds just hoping that Hayes would try and get him there somehow but that looks a bloody long way off now
Go The Dollar..!
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 5:21pm
He's becoming a bit of a plodder
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 5:23pm
something else that is interesting is that he has been dropped by his owners.
Now owned outright by David Hayes
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 5:46pm
Bit rough on the horse.

Clearly he is a 2400m horse.

Ran well when fresh first up over 1500m, really needed to be stepped up a lot further than 1600m second up.

Get a better handle on him in the Naturalism in 2 weeks.

reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 5:34pm
Wow
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by Magnolian Khan Magnolian Khan wrote:

He's becoming a bit of a plodder

LOL
I would love to own a plodder like that Big smile
animals before people.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 11:35pm
Boom Time joins Eurythmic (1920) and Northerly (2002) as the only WA horses to win the Caulfield Cup
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Heavenly Glow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavenly Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 7:59am
I was following this horse for a while, but never did I think it could win a CC. Good on Hayes.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 11:01am

To make The pain worse .    I wake to this reminder from my bragging Son ..       KIDS should be seen and not HAD
-----------------
RACING AND SPORTS GLOBAL BLACKBOOK RESULTS SERVICE

BetFair - Click Here

To rxx wxxxxxx,

This is notification of race results from your recent Black Book runners.

21 Oct 17 - CAULFIELD Race 6
6th

ECKSTEIN

55.5kg

HUGH BOWMAN (9)

KURT GOLDMAN

2.4L

7-1
Your Black Book Comment: [Click to Edit Comment] GC 1400 1 21 23 3rd x .6L
21 Oct 17 - CAULFIELD Race 8
1st

BOOM TIME

52.0kg

COREY PARISH (3)

D & B HAYES & T DABERNIG

1.3L

50-1
Your Black Book Comment: [Click to Edit Comment]
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 1:32pm
In theory, this is the best chance a WA horse has if winning the Melbourne Cup since 1999.

Can Boom Time run 3200m? His one attempt at the distance was 11thin the 2017 Sydney Cup.

3200mis the ultimate test for a WA horse....
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 1:38pm
I think I read he didn't like the Sydney way of going so that could of effected the result.  WA doesn't really have many races over a distance Jamal.  The Derby Oaks and Cup come to mind but not much else.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Jamal Jamal wrote:

In theory, this is the best chance a WA horse has if winning the Melbourne Cup since 1999.

Can Boom Time run 3200m? His one attempt at the distance was 11thin the 2017 Sydney Cup.

3200mis the ultimate test for a WA horse....

Zero chance. Like I said last year with Jameka, you can fool the pedigree at 2400m, but sprinting bred horses don't win Melbourne Cups and Flying Spur/Snippets won't cut it.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 1:45pm
Boom Time is WA's best chance (since Rogan Josh) of winning the Melbourne Cup. Id still put Rogan Josh ahead of Boom Time at this stage.

Intereting that both of these horses raced in the JRA Cup, Herbert Power Stakes and Caulfield Cup. Rogan Josh didnt win a Caulfield Cup....but finished 4th after Chris Munce ride the horse poorly taking him to the lead before the home turn. Boom Time however won the Caulfield Cup.

Interesting times ahead..
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

I think I read he didn't like the Sydney way of going so that could of effected the result.  WA doesn't really have many races over a distance Jamal.  The Derby Oaks and Cup come to mind but not much else.<div id="UMS_TOOLTIP" style=": ; cursor: pointer; : 2147483647; : transparent; top: -100000px; left: -100000px;">

Hours of in depth & the replays 50 times changes the thinking.
Boom Time got the breaks, The runner up probably a great Melb. Cup trial , no doubt the run of the race , Lord Fandango strong out wider and Amelie's Star used up gallons of petrol in the first 400M then settled .     He took off far too early for a second petrol burning effort , went quick to 2nd place and had to feel the pinch .
Ridden more patiently in the M.C. will improve enormously.
The Fav came along the inside and while some say unlucky, it's run ended well short of the post.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 1:54pm
This horse will not finish in the Top 10 in the Cup.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>