Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Plein Ciel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 4:52pm
Tell me again how good the ride was first up!

Should. Have. Won. Last. Start.
Sunline...simply supreme
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

Yes x 100000000000
This space has been intentionally left blank
Black Prince 2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Prince 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

Absolutely agree , gelati ful ride last start , but they nailed it today , got $2.70 you beauty . 6 Australian starts , 5 wins , Weiry likes him and this horse is a cracker .
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 9:44pm
The horse was a real problem before the start at W'bool, and no surprise Allen couldn't ride him as well as he otherwise might've.
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 10:01pm
Caulfield Cup horse?
This space has been intentionally left blank
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 10:21pm
Weir feels 2000m his best distance at this stage.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 11:06pm
Building a nice record but won a weak handicap with no weight at Sandown where margins are often exaggerated. Funny I think I made a similar comment about him somewhere else.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Prince 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Building a nice record but won a weak handicap with no weight at Sandown where margins are often exaggerated. Funny I think I made a similar comment about him somewhere else.

And as a punter that's perfectly placed got a perfect collect . Hope they keep doing it . $2.70 Wednesday money for jam .

out of interest , would you explain your theory of "Sandown winning margins are exaggerated " I think Sandown is currently one of the fairest racing tracks in the country .

Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 3:50pm
Will have another run in Melbourne, then off to the Ipswich Cup
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Prince 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

Will have another run in Melbourne, then off to the Ipswich Cup

How do you know that mate ?
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 4:05pm
mentioned on Racing.com
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 4:07pm
Weir said Plein Ciel has plenty of improvement still to come and could potentially head to Queensland later this preparation for a race like the Ipswich Cup.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by Black Prince 2 Black Prince 2 wrote:

Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

A nice break, winter In Brisbane, idea Caulfield Cup horse IMO.

That's a good move . He's got a great chance to jag a stakes race there . Hope to get some good odds

Looks like the plan then, good thinking, he will benefit and mature with travelling imo.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 4:12pm
Don't have stats so I may be wide of the mark BP2 but from my observations Sandown for some reason sees much larger winning margins far more often than Flemington, MV and Caulfield. For example an easy win at those venues (with exceptions obviously) would be 2 lengths whereas it can be 3-5l at Sandown. Anyone relying on Sandown form (horses flashing home, big winners etc) to translate elsewhere in the city will for the most part be disappointed imo

In PC's case I was simply putting his impressive win in perspective with regard to his chances in Group races as was suggested elsewhere. Sectionals were outstanding - but on paper so were others on the day (although none was as good as his at first blush).

He's a winner, trained by a master, should continue to be well placed and as such ought to be a punters' pal - for those who don't mind short prices. Caveat is that he might be overbet as he steps up against better horses.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Black Prince 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

<span style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; font-family: Roboto, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">Weir said Plein Ciel has plenty of improvement still to come and could potentially head to Queensland later this preparation for a race like the Ipswich Cup.</span>

Yes I saw that but no mention of another Melbourne run .
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Black Prince 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 4:49pm
Fair enough 3bm , can't say I agree with you about Sandown but each to their own .
The horse has won 5 from 6 in Australia with good times , good margins and stepping up in class every time and a couple of shrtful rides as well . From following racing it's not always the best horse that wins on the day it's the horse with ability AND had everything goes right in the race.

There's no mention from any group races for Darren Weir so it'll be interesting to see , however he did say in the interview he is a very good horse
I've watched and do watch a lot of racing and ver rarely you see a horse win impressively like that multiple times . Only time will tell how far he gets

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 5:15pm
His ability to accelerate will help and it's rare for Weir to talk up horses and get it wrong from my observation
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Prince 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

His ability to accelerate will help and it's rare for Weir to talk up horses and get it wrong from my observation

100% with you on that

Side note , Plein Ciel conqueror Moss'n Dale races in Echuca cup today $2.50 favourite stable supremely confident , soft track ??? Does it need to be heavy ?? Watching with interest
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Black Prince 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 6:16pm
Results Moss 'n Dale 2nd in Echuca Cup Every possible chance.First 3 big margin back to rest
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 6:22pm
Does that Gelagotis know how to shut his trap, just waffled and waffled and waffled trying to pump up his own tyres, wanted to throw the remote at my TV just so he would shut up
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Prince 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 6:47pm
I actually really like him . They where the first and only so far to beat Plen Ciel ( even though in my opinion it was because PC wasn't fit , didn't like the heavy , was given a shurtful ride and wasn't PC's pet distance )   So can understand their thinking . But like I've said , race day, anything can happen . That Echuca field was weaker than the race PC ran in , but it was also 1400 m wet track . All this factors make a difference in who wins and who fills the placings
Sheet Anchor View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheet Anchor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 1:29am
Horse that won beat Admiral and Hellova Street in the Tasmanian Newmarket.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Prince 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by Sheet Anchor Sheet Anchor wrote:

Horse that won beat Admiral and Hellova Street in the Tasmanian Newmarket.

Yes he was 8 starts back and I'm spewing as I looked at backing him but he just hasn't quite been performing up to run , but I am an idiot because bringing him across the Tasman should have been enough of a lead . I though Moss n Dale was the horse to beat but possibly needed it wetter

There was a statement that PC's race was a " weak race" however just looking at the second placed horse Petrology (super run) he is a listed winner , listed placed , Group 3 placed and he's the Group 2 Sandown Guineas winner . Pretty good form I thought

Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 9:27am
Looked a moral in the Swan Hill Cup but has been scratched on vets. Hope all is well,
Hurdyman View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurdyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Magnolian Khan Magnolian Khan wrote:

Looked a moral in the Swan Hill Cup but has been scratched on vets. Hope all is well,

Was lame this morning.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Prince 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by Hurdyman Hurdyman wrote:

Originally posted by Magnolian Khan Magnolian Khan wrote:

Was lame this morning.

Wow flipping heck hope it's not serious ?
JoanFerguson View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoanFerguson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 12:52am
What happened to Ipswich Cup plan?
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 4:51pm
He's nommed for the 1609m open Hcp at MV on Saturday.  
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Prince 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Lord Hybrow Lord Hybrow wrote:

He's nommed for the 1609m open Hcp at MV on Saturday.  

Ok , interesting
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Black Prince 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 4:36pm
Good interview with Australian bloodstock today regarding their horses.Mentions Plein Ciel being at the fork in the road. Just going through his grades and they are thinking he's a 2000m horse but if he gets 2400 m they wouldn't rule out a Caulfield cup if they can get his rating up . Interesting
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>