Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Plein Ciel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Germanmachine View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Germanmachine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Plein Ciel
    Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 10:00pm
Yes, shame he missed his 4 and 5 yo season due to him tearing his tendon. Still a good record winning every 4 starts and placing every 2nd start.
Happy retirement old Cyril.
He’s guaranteed to go to a good loving home.
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 9:24pm
He’s been a super horse for connections, winning at least 1 race every year from 2016 to 2020, inclusive.

But now back to back starts where he’s run stone motherless.

Age catches up with everyone, hard to see him getting a win for 2021 on recent runs.
Black Prince 2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Prince 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by SkyDancer SkyDancer wrote:

Huge return!!!

Certainly was !!! 
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 6:14pm
Huge return!!!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 7:53am
FYI....10% stake in this guy ended up selling for $3,000
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 11:43am
Noticed that a 10% share in this horse is for sale on Inglis Digital website.

Current bidding at $700.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 9:32am
Switched to Danny O’Brien
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 10:18pm
There is a possibility he will still run this weekend, I guess we will find out when the fields come out tomorrow.
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Prince 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by Xavier Xavier wrote:

Word from the team is that he is a poor traveller.
Was a muck lather of sweat at Newcastle pre race and he didn’t perform on that day. I didn’t see him pre race on Saturday, but I think he is much better when he is at home and in his routine.

Thats a shame because there's no denying he has talent and the doomben cup isnt the strongest field. At his best he'd give it a shake

cheers Xavier thanks for the update
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 10:13pm
Word from the team is that he is a poor traveller.
Was a muck lather of sweat at Newcastle pre race and he didn’t perform on that day. I didn’t see him pre race on Saturday, but I think he is much better when he is at home and in his routine.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Prince 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 10:07pm
Great strong win G3 Easter cup. Seemed to run the 2000m out no worries.  Well he's made the transition from midweek winner to Group winner and stakes placed.

Terrible ride/run last start at Doomben . Interesting to note that he's two worst runs in Australia were both going the clockwise direction  , Newcastle and Doomben 

One last run this prep in the Doomben Cup and then to the paddock? Or straight to the paddock ?
I would think the latter

Might still be some nice wins in this fella yet, and it looks like 4 runs a prep is all he likes

Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 5:08pm
He looks super in the yard at Doomben.
Don’t know how he is going to be suited here, but on looks he wins.
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 2:27pm
Looks like they’re going on a mission to QLD
Will run in the Doomben Cup
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 6:39pm
Back in form with a Group 3 win at Caulfield
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 8:27pm
Won a trial at Cranbourne yesterday
Nominated for the Echuca Cup on Sunday
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 10:15am
Gone to Anthony Freedman’s stable at Mornington
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Germanmachine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 10:56pm
Plein Ciel : Slow rehab over the last fews months (again). Been doing a lot of sand work to condition that tendon. Now with Weir gone, he will still stay in Victoria but will go to a smaller stable where they can monitor the leg more closely. Hopefully access to beach work. No names yet.
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Germanmachine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 11:20pm
Yep, the tendon has flared it's ugly head again.
Shame - Sale Cup was a winnable race.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 11:09pm
Scratched tomorrow
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 10:07pm
Damien Oliver to ride on Sunday
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Prince 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by Germanmachine Germanmachine wrote:

Tendon injury has flared again.
I don't know how they can manage this and get him back to race fitness?

They're managing it by running him in the sale cup hahaha
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Germanmachine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 6:50pm
Tendon injury has flared again.
I don't know how they can manage this and get him back to race fitness?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Prince 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 10:17pm
Nice run just pipped for second in the fasted run 1400m race of the day . Although he looked like he was going to sprint straight past them , then he went backwards , then he picked up again and sprinted again lol amazing .

Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Germanmachine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 7:31pm
I suggested 1400m was too short because I thought second up over the mile, he didn't really show that turn of foot as he has previously. He was actually hard ridden at the 500m mark and made steady but good ground. So he is more seasoned now and drops 200m from that run. Will he have the speed to match these black type performed horses ? 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Black Prince 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Avdulla is a Victorian.

So is Prebble but as neither have ridden regularly in Vic. for many years, I don't consider they have the insight needed into current riders & track idiosyncrasies.

I agree
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Prince 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 10:11am
Originally posted by Tim Whiffler Tim Whiffler wrote:

Aust Bloodstock are mates with Avdulla. Weir doesn’t have a choice. He slaughtered Big Duke in the Metropolitan as well.

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 9:52pm
I would rather top class jockeys rather than good track workers.

reductio ad absurdum
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Avdulla is a Victorian.

So is Prebble but as neither have ridden regularly in Vic. for many years, I don't consider they have the insight needed into current riders & track idiosyncrasies.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by Black Prince 2 Black Prince 2 wrote:

Originally posted by Germanmachine Germanmachine wrote:

1400m Tooo short

Winner over 1300 , winner over 1400m and place 3rd twice over 1400m including leaving on a unsuitable heavy track with a ride that could have been better .

Long long straight at Flemington.

On his best form he's a winning chance

I wouldn't say 1400m is too short for him to win, but I think he's better 1600m+, especially after a few runs.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 8:37pm
He might be a winning hope, but do not sell Eckstein short here.

Crack Me Up ran well down the straight, maybe the weight might get him but Plain Ciel will need to be as good as what some think he is to win here.

Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>