Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

James McDonald

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 7:21pm
So where does JMac go?
O'Shea will not turn him away nor should he. But will Godolphin allow him to get his foot back in the door? I hope so.

Then they might give Grim Schofield the flick.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 8:27pm
Unless your in the know they may want a clean break, JO, JMc, O' Shea is big fan, how doe's he sit with young James could be the swinger imo.
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 9:09pm
Doubt they'll put him on contract at least initially, but wouldn't be surprised to see him get rides once he's back and in form, which shouldn't take long. Will be a welcome return for punters. Pity so many of our better jocks are in HK.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 9:19pm
Rumour going around be he has been offered a position with a leading Vic stable but he would have to move to Melbourne. Unlikely to take it
horseshoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horseshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 9:29pm
Katie Mallyon has her family in Vic so JMac may take the job.
Those who know don't tell, Those who tell don't know
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 9:51pm
Last reports from Katelyn I saw said they were loving the Sydney lifestyle. Don;t kniow if she's getting the same oporturities that she got in Vic though
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 11:09pm
Rumour I heard around the traps was that Lindsay Park were interested
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 11:55pm
How will JMac and James get along ?????  Wink
animals before people.
Bi Carb View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bi Carb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 9:14am
He was at Godolphin because of O'Shea , so I wouldn't think there will be any expectation of him linking permanently with them in the near future.
Great rider though , hope he pulls his head in and realises his huge talent.
RED HUNTER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 11:51am

GODOLPHIN don't forgive jocks that break rules.

Correct me if wrong,after FRANKIE DETTORI'S indiscretion,has he ever had a ride for them?

RED HUNTER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 11:56am

Split from Godolphin

The jockey split from Godolphin when he grew unhappy about other top riders being brought in, meaning he was no longer the first choice to ride the best horses. His provocative choice to ride for another stables, rival Coolmore, effectively marked the end of the relationship.

“My first seventeen years of my riding career [at] Godolphin, I was always the number one pick. All of a sudden I saw myself being the fourth in the biggest race in the world,” he said.

“You start getting depressed. I wasn’t sleeping at night. I was arguing with my wife… My head was wrecked, absolutely wrecked. I couldn’t take it anymore.

“Another six months there and I definitely would have been in the Priory.”

Dettori believes it was al-Zarooni who wanted him out of Godolphin.

“I had some great success with him, that’s why I couldn’t figure why he wanted me out,” he said. But it seems his opinions of the trainer have hardened since, particularly regarding the doping scandal.

“It has [Godolphin] been ruined by one person. He has ruined my career to start, and now he has ruined Godolphin,” he said.

For more from our exclusive interview with Frankie Dettori and his cocaine use, as well as his feeling that he has become like Lance Armstrong, click here.

horseshoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horseshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 1:12pm
JMac is back, rode 12 at the trials this morning
horseshoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horseshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 4:08pm
6 rides next Wednesday, has rides for Waller, Snowden's and O'Shea
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 4:59pm
Without even looking, the O'Shea one WILL win.

🤔
reductio ad absurdum
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 3:15pm
The Cheat rode a winner.... should not be riding.
Should be in jail with his mate Oliver
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 4:14pm
I don't mind that he's back riding, he did his time. 

I do mind that it was built up and celebrated all week like he was returning from an injury or something.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 4:15pm
Can't see where he cheated myself. Did huge time - far more than worse transgressions even though I agreed with it - and is now back more mature and lesson learned according to reports. Time to move on Shawy.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Can't see where he cheated myself. Did huge time - far more than worse transgressions even though I agreed with it - and is now back more mature and lesson learned according to reports. Time to move on Shawy.

Are you stupid? He had a bet on a horse. Which is illegal.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 4:52pm
He is no better than Smerdon.
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 4:54pm
I wouldn’t want him riding one of my horses. Just like I’ve never put Oliver back on any of mine.
Can’t stand the little turds that think they are better than the game.
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 4:55pm
Most of them bet Shawy, only the dummies get caught.

I would have thought McDonald would be one of the smarter ones but obviously not.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Are you stupid? He had a bet on a horse. Which is illegal.
Breaking a rule V cheating? A muddle headed teenager could probably tell you the difference Shawy. Wanna try for a 50/50?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

He is no better than Smerdon.

Lol. Nothing like some hyperbolic outrage to make a point. Nevertheless, for our amusement, other than foolishly breaking a rule which some think is outmoded (not me) how is he anything like Smerdon?
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 5:00pm
It is not illegal if you read the rules, it MAY attract a penalty....

AR.83. Every jockey or apprentice may be penalised --

(a) If he misconduct himself in any way, or

(b) If, without the consent of the Stewards and the nominator of any horse he rides or is to ride in any race, he accept or agree to accept any pecuniary or other gift or other consideration in connection with any horse in such race provided that he does not require the consent of the Stewards in respect of any pecuniary or other gift or consideration from the nominator of the horse he rides or is to ride , or [replaced 1.9.09]

(c) If he bet or have any interest in a bet or facilitates a bet on any race, or if he be present in the betting ring during any race meeting. [amended 1.8.01]. [amended 1.9.09]

(d) If he bet, or has any interest in a bet on any race, or contingency relating to thoroughbred 59

racing involving a race in which he is riding. For the purposes of this rule, bet includes a lay bet (as defined in AR.175B(7)).

Straight Connector View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight Connector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 5:15pm
It's a fill up!!!
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by Dizzy Dizzy wrote:

It is not illegal if you read the rules, it MAY attract a penalty....

AR.83. Every jockey or apprentice may be penalised --

(a) If he misconduct himself in any way, or

(b) If, without the consent of the Stewards and the nominator of any horse he rides or is to ride in any race, he accept or agree to accept any pecuniary or other gift or other consideration in connection with any horse in such race provided that he does not require the consent of the Stewards in respect of any pecuniary or other gift or consideration from the nominator of the horse he rides or is to ride , or [replaced 1.9.09]

(c) If he bet or have any interest in a bet or facilitates a bet on any race, or if he be present in the betting ring during any race meeting. [amended 1.8.01]. [amended 1.9.09]

(d) If he bet, or has any interest in a bet on any race, or contingency relating to thoroughbred 59

racing involving a race in which he is riding. For the purposes of this rule, bet includes a lay bet (as defined in AR.175B(7)).

May is used 321 times(I counted LOL) in the full list of rules. Plenty of wriggle room. 

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 5:24pm
Interesting Dizzy, thanks. Jockey's are not permitted to bet according to stewards, there must be something more solid to that effect. No excuses for a wealthy bloke like him to be transgressing. 

He's certainly rubbing some noses in it today. $10+ winner off a good ride for Waller.
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 5:26pm
I started counting the mays PT but gave up after 50...Big smile  Leaves very open as to what penalty you MAY get...
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 5:26pm
I hope the stewards are monitoring his bank records
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by Dizzy Dizzy wrote:

I started counting the mays PT but gave up after 50...Big smile  Leaves very open as to what penalty you MAY get...

Ctrl - F  is your best friend in such cases Dizzy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>