Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Trump Presidency

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 868869870871872 1094>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 11:19am
No worries Shrunky. Good to get something other than the dark reality of the breaking down of the Western Democracy and Shammy's cows.Thumbs Up
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Spent a wonderful night in a jazz bar in Manhattan the other night. The singer heard me order a drink and started engaging me from the stage as she’d just toured Australia. Ended up playing 6 or so requests from me. The Crowd loved it and her stories of “downunder”

So much so a young 20 something lass pulled up a stool next to me and we talked all things from fashion to music to politics & Broadway stage shows as we drank our way through the night. I didn’t have to ask a “difficult “ question. Apparently the media over here tells her we’re all very racist down there.
I set her straight, naturally

Ditto on a bus tour. sat next to a lovely Irish lass for a couple of hours. The only seat next to her. I asked if I could use it. “ seeing as your Australian, certainly she said. She spilled her life story to me from her shoe fetish, her partner, British open golf, music LGBT stuff and politics

Now, I’m in my 50’s and the days of stunningly good looking girls approaching me and talking are well gone.....unless I’m on tour somewhere. No need to interrogate or intrude. Just be nice and you’ll be amazed where conversations can go and what you can glean

I could give you more examples but we’re off to a street festival in the village we’re staying at in Toronto. I’ll have a Molsons for you

That’s all very nice Shrunk but more importantly did you stop off at the wineries on the way to Toronto and have you been to the Danforth for a Greek feast yet?

Not wanting to derail PTs trumpy thread but yes, called into 2 wineries in a town called Ithaca. Very nice. Backed up the next day to a brewery and had close to the best pizza ever.

I’ll try and locate the Greek but had a ripper of a fillet Mignon at Niagara Falls. How good is the boat that takes you under the falls

Don’t worry about derailing, this is a much better topic!

Yes maid of the mist/hornblower is great. But don’t they jam the punters on?!

Just ask a cab driver to take you to the danforth. Its a whole street of Greek restaurants. There’d be 50+ probably. If you go just google and choose a couple based on reviews and go from there. You’ll be able to walk in to something for sure.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 11:47am

Not wanting to derail PTs trumpy thread but yes, called into 2 wineries in a town called Ithaca. Very nice. Backed up the next day to a brewery and had close to the best pizza ever.

I’ll try and locate the Greek but had a ripper of a fillet Mignon at Niagara Falls. How good is the boat that takes you under the falls

[/QUOTE]

Whale's Cry

PT is the power behind the throne though LOL
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 11:54am
The most successful thread in TBV history just passed 870 pages Well done Whale. Thumbs Up
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

The most successful thread in TBV history just passed 870 pages Well done Whale. Thumbs Up

How many views has it had? As Isaac will tell you, that’s the most important metric!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 1:26pm
Chinese bots or Govt aren't interested in the Trump threads.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Whale's Cry

[/QUOTE]

Whilst you fade further into insignificance
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 2:11pm

Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Whale's Cry

Whilst you fade further into insignificance [/QUOTE]
Baby Crying GIF - BabyCrying Baby Crying GIFs

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 2:16pm

Spent a wonderful night in a jazz bar in Manhattan the other night. The singer heard me order a drink and started engaging me from the stage as she’d just toured Australia. Ended up playing 6 or so requests from me. The Crowd loved it and her stories of “downunder”

So much so a young 20 something lass pulled up a stool next to me and we talked all things from fashion to music to politics & Broadway stage shows as we drank our way through the night. I didn’t have to ask a “difficult “ question. Apparently the media over here tells her we’re all very racist down there.
I set her straight, naturally

Ditto on a bus tour. sat next to a lovely Irish lass for a couple of hours. The only seat next to her. I asked if I could use it. “ seeing as your Australian, certainly she said. She spilled her life story to me from her shoe fetish, her partner, British open golf, music LGBT stuff and politics

Now, I’m in my 50’s and the days of stunningly good looking girls approaching me and talking are well gone.....unless I’m on tour somewhere. No need to interrogate or intrude. Just be nice and you’ll be amazed where conversations can go and what you can glean

I could give you more examples but we’re off to a street festival in the village we’re staying at in Toronto. I’ll have a Molsons for you

That word gives me the creeps. fair enough for anyone over 80 to use it but anyone younger conjures up images of a dirty old perv presenting as a kind uncle Ouch
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 2:20pm
I suggest that’s a bit of self reflection and insecurity on your behalf old fruit

As I said earlier, be as obtrusive as you like. It’s water off a ducks back and exposes you even more
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 2:58pm
Must be great trip you are on Shrunky. 
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 10:52pm
I think the Mueller non event is today/ tomorrow?
Then we can all get back to calling everyone racist.
If everyone is racist is anybody racist? Has the word been devalued by over-use lately?
I watched a doco about Sammy Davis Jr last night - he knew racism pretty well.
Shammy Davis View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 11:58pm

Long, laborious, and laughable would be a better characterization. It's future relevance looks deem. Reminds me of the Mueller report and its inconsequential value. Like Shrunky noted, TBV seems to be the anomaly. The average yank has more important things to be concerned with.

Image result for train crash gif
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 1:14am

Must be great trip you are on Shrunky. 

Having a great time mate. Even feeding my tbv addiction at an opportune moment
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 9:27am
Originally posted by Shammy Davis Shammy Davis wrote:

Long, laborious, and laughable would be a better characterization. It's future relevance looks deem. Reminds me of the Mueller report and its inconsequential value. Like Shrunky noted, TBV seems to be the anomaly. The average yank has more important things to be concerned with.

The way Trump has treated Britain in this Iran fiasco, and the way he treated Canada in the Huawei disaster is the reason we are engaged here Shammy. Will we be next under the bus?

The good news for us that while our PM is a very dim bulb, he is rat cunning, knows how to cut throats and lies as well as Trump does. He has licked Donald's balls and got a state visit for September. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 9:46am
Hay Shammy what the hell is going on here? On the eve of the Mr Mueller testimony where he confirms the exoneration of Dear Leader, this RNC spokesperson is trying to undermine the hearing. These are the 12 people who exonerated Donald, doesn't she understand that?

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 10:22am

Originally posted by Shammy Davis Shammy Davis wrote:

. . . Will we be next under the bus?

The good news for us that while our PM is a very dim bulb, . . . He has licked Donald's balls and got a state visit for September. 

Did I forget in my previous post to also characterize this thread as most often tasteless?
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 10:26am
That’s hilarious
A Trump supporter complaining about standards....l
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 11:01am
Trump people are terrified that tonight Mr Mueller will destroy the lies Trump and Barr have told post Report release. They are attacking him from all angles. Trump has been tweeting frantically about the conflicted Mueller going back to golf club fees for goodness sake.LOL

Also today Trump issued suits against SDNY and House Ways and Means to prevent them from getting his beautiful but under audit tax returns.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 11:26am

Trump people are terrified . . ..

Image result for laughing gif
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 11:37am
Hay Shammy,will Republicans be at all Russia curious when questioning Mr Mueller or will it be all Strzok, Page, Steele FISA Hillary, Benghazi, 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 1:29pm
Still tweeting angry Democrat and conflicted Mueller crap Shammy.

Not worried at all.Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 11:38pm

Still tweeting angry Democrat and conflicted Mueller crap Shammy.

Not worried at all.Wink

It appears to be his primary campaign strategy. It worked last time. No sense changing.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 1:58am
The Mueller stuff is live over here. Watching on CBSN.
It appears the the Democrats are ripping into Mueller. Is that rather odd?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 2:10am
Having not paid much attention to this whole debacle I was mightily impressed with the questions posed by Jim Jordan
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 9:57am

Having not paid much attention to this whole debacle I was mightily impressed with the questions posed by Jim Jordan

#SAD
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 10:07am
The Mueller testimony, all you need to know:

Nadler: The President said the report concluded no obstruction. The report doesn't say that, correct?

Mueller: "Right. That is not what the report said."

Nadler: Did your actually totally exonerate the president.

Mueller: No.

Nadler asks whether you found multiple times he obstructed justice.

Mueller: yes

Nadler: Did President seek to use his official power outside normal channels to assert undue influence over your investigations

Mueller: "That's correct"

Nadler: Is it correct that if you concluded president committed crime of obstruction, you could not publcly state it in report today or in report

Mueller: OLC opinion means could not indict a sitting president

Nadler: But a president could be indicted after leaving office

Mueller: True

Nadler: Did the president refuse to be interviewed by your team (even though vital to the public)

Mueller: Yes and Yes

Trumpers:

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 1:59pm

The Mueller testimony, all you need to know:

</span>
<span style="font-size: 12pt; line-height: 115%; font-family: Georgia, serif; letter-spacing: -0.05pt;">
</span>

But, but, but, Mueller recanted this testimony quoted at the beginning of the subsequent Intel Committee hearing. Apparently honest reporting, that you never do, indicates that Mueller left the Dems dejected and at a loss that Mueller would hit a home run for them.

Your hero lacked knowledge of the report that he signed. Didn’t even know what Fusion GPS was. Couldn't even remember the President who appointed him as FBI Director. Mueller was practically unconscious during both hearings. Rather than testifying before Congress, Mueller would have been better served by admitting him to an assisted living facility.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 2:45pm
Now dont tell porkies Shammy. 

What he walked back at the start of the second session was said he had mistaken  the characterization of Ted Lieu's question re the OLC directive, not his responses to Nadler. What happened was they realised during the break Mueller had made an accusation against Trump, something he wasn't allowed to do under that very opinion, so he suggested Lieu had either mis-spoken or he didn't quite understand the question.

Doesn't surprise that that is what you were served up on Fox though.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 2:48pm

Rep. Demings: "Isn't it fair to say that the president's written answers were not only inadequate and incomplete, because he didn't answer many of your questions, but where he did, his answers showed that he wasn't always being truthful?" Mueller: "I would say generally."

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 868869870871872 1094>