Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Trump Presidency

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 792793794795796 1094>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 8:29pm
And they are not suing Nathan Phillips, at this stage?

wait and see. Just to be precise.
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 8:30pm
First of many

In a statement, Sandmann's Atlanta-based lawyer, Lin Wood, said additional similar lawsuits would be filed in the weeks ahead.

to be precise sc.

Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2019 at 8:35pm
We can be assured that when it comes to comments by sc its

deny, deny, deny.
Shammy Davis View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 2:22am
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Originally posted by Shammy Davis Shammy Davis wrote:

Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Some days I think it is even about the state of Australian roads Shammy LOL

Now that IS a good topic to discuss Thumbs Up  Our roads are goat tracks.Cry
Also great yank TV entertainment watching those road trains nautically circumnavigate your highways without sinking or requiring man overboard drills. "Outback Trucker" is right up there with the Weather Channel series about Canada's "Highway Thru Hell."

https://youtu.be/NokwepgrlpM

You should google Tom Kruse, Shammy - outback mailman of the war era. Great aussie story and plenty of stuff on youtube.
I am checking his Last mail from birdville site. Tough living in the outback. Been to a Outback Steakhouse here a couple times. Now I feel like Mrs Shammy and I should roll in dirt and mud to look the part before eating there again.

So much great food in the USA and you choose to go to a dumpy chain joint like Outback Steakhouse...... more than once.
Image result for laughing emoji gif

You are right. I can see why you would see it as nonsensical. Why would anyone want to eat at a dumpy chain restaurant immortilzing a primitive heathen 3rd world sparsely populated environment with no paved roads located on a yuuge island that uses goat trails to circumnavigate its coast? I guess the attraction was that it is called "Outback" and I knew even if the food sucked the primitive experience would be fun and we could at least drive to it on a paved road and park our pickup on a paved lot.

. .. Talk about a gastronomical pea brain!

Hold that thought. As the Chinese take more of an interest in OZ and your dietary needs are modified to noodles, dumpy red meat chain resturants might become a fleeting delight for the Ozzie taste buds and your desire for cut and ground meat might only be found in the grocery refrigeration aisle in boxes named Chung King or General Tsao. Pass the Soy Sauce mate.

We’ll deal with that if and when your delusions become reality. As it stands currently though the only dietary reality we have is that the USA has any manner of culinary delights yet your palate chooses poor quality garbage which you’re stupid enough to think is a high end experience. And you go back again and again. Gold!

OK. Ok. Where do you suggest we take out discriminating palates to eat here in the states if you think Outback doesn’t measure up?

You really don’t have any idea do you?

As I said, there are any number of fantastic food options. You are spoilt for choice. Take your pick but avoid chains are you will generally get rubbish. Not that you seem to care.
No. Give me some suggestions. Oh, please, I want to surprise Mrs Shammy with my culinary talents.

You don’t know how to use google either? I guess I’m not entirely surprised.

No idea where you are located and I’m certainly not going to bother searching for you. There are great places to eat in almost every town, often at almost every price range. I’m sure if you try really hard you’ll be able to find something suitable.

You want a good one that she will appreciate though? Take her to Napa for a significant anniversary/birthday and book a table at The French Laundry. You’re welcome.
We don't have either. Can't you come up with something else. Please. We are in central VA. Your are the expert on fine dining.

Suggest you read my post again. I’m not going to do a google search for you. I already gave you a great option for a significant celebration. That’s as good as you’re going to get. If you want one on the east coast go to Per Se. It’s on Columbus Circle in Manhattan. Same owner.

Oh come on. You denigrate our dining choices making us look stupid and then you can't google us reasonable culinary choices nearby that upgrades our palates. All we get is don't go to a chain restaurant. You are such a disappointment for a supposely informed food critic. Sounds to me like you are a phony and you don't know what you are talking about.

. . . I could give you plenty more examples of good places I’ve been to over there (and a few shockers too) but why would I?Ever heard the saying “never wise up a chump”? . . .
I am devastated.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 4:06am

Originally posted by Isaac soloman Isaac soloman wrote:

Done to death?

like this thread?

And yet, here you are as it surges towards 800 pages. Embarrassed

WTF. On the verge of 800 pages and where have you taken us with your frenetic topple Trump posts? Nowhere. Trump is still POTUS, while your heroes Comey, McCabe, and likely Rosenstein and Mueller are getting or seeking book deals to pay for impending legal fees. Mueller is likely to get dragged into this. Yes. Rumors abound.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 7:35am
It isn't that long ago that law enforcement agencies were your heroes eh Shammy?

Before they started investigating your fake Russian owned President and his criminal family that is.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 7:38am

First of many

In a statement, Sandmann's Atlanta-based lawyer, Lin Wood, said additional similar lawsuits would be filed in the weeks ahead.

to be precise sc.

Who is financing Sandman Isaac? A college student cant afford the millions it will take to take on the resources of the richest man on the planet.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 7:52am
Dan Coates next to go Shammy? 

Trump hasn't had a dog to kick since he got rid of Sessions, and while it would be tempting to keep Coates on to play the role of Sessions for that purpose, Coates keeps embarrassing Trump by going under oath at hearings and putting truth to all of Trump's foreign policy lies. 

He is a problem for Big Brother and as electromagnetic shock treatment to correct his truth telling is probably not an option he will likely have to go. Maybe the failed big dick toilet salesman can be reassigned to acting pretend NSA chief now that he isn't pretending to know what an Attorney General does.

Gotta get rid of anyone competent and replace them with the ''best people'' 

Trump Administration - The Dilbert Principle in action. Employ only morons so nobody can show up Dear Leader's incompetencies.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 8:15am

<span style="font-family: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-variant-ligatures: inherit; font-variant-caps: inherit; font-weight: 700; color: rgb10, 22, 51; font-size: 18px;">First of many</span><p -gtm-vis-recent-on-screen-6236702_632="1550654974988" -gtm-vis-first-on-screen-6236702_632="1550654974988" -gtm-vis-total--time-6236702_632="4000" -gtm-vis-has-fired-6236702_632="1" style="-sizing: inherit; font-variant-numeric: inherit; font-variant-east-asian: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: "PT Serif", Georgia, Times, "Times New Roman", serif; font-size: 18px; margin: 0px 0px 24px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: line; border: 0px; color: rgb10, 22, 51;">In a statement, Sandmann's Atlanta-based lawyer, Lin Wood, said additional similar lawsuits would be filed in the weeks ahead.

<p -gtm-vis-recent-on-screen-6236702_632="1550654974988" -gtm-vis-first-on-screen-6236702_632="1550654974988" -gtm-vis-total--time-6236702_632="4000" -gtm-vis-has-fired-6236702_632="1" style="-sizing: inherit; font-variant-numeric: inherit; font-variant-east-asian: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: "PT Serif", Georgia, Times, "Times New Roman", serif; font-size: 18px; margin: 0px 0px 24px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: line; border: 0px; color: rgb10, 22, 51;">

<p -gtm-vis-recent-on-screen-6236702_632="1550654974988" -gtm-vis-first-on-screen-6236702_632="1550654974988" -gtm-vis-total--time-6236702_632="4000" -gtm-vis-has-fired-6236702_632="1" style="-sizing: inherit; font-variant-numeric: inherit; font-variant-east-asian: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: "PT Serif", Georgia, Times, "Times New Roman", serif; font-size: 18px; margin: 0px 0px 24px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: line; border: 0px; color: rgb10, 22, 51;">to be precise sc.

Who is financing Sandman Isaac? A college student cant afford the millions it will take to take on the resources of the richest man on the planet.

Sandmann is a parochial secondary school student, not a college student. His lawyers are providing services based on receiving a % of the settlement or judgement. Standard arrangement in the states. Polls show the public supports this kid. He is going to be very rich, just like Bezos' ex-wife.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 8:23am

Dan Coates next to go Shammy? . . .

Trump hasn't had a dog to kick since he got rid of Sessions . . .
Is this a prediction we can count on or are you just adding up more pages of worthless assumptions so you can celebrate yourself for the most unproductive thread posts in the history of TBV?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 8:23am
What is the basis of the case? From what I understand they are trying to claim that the WaPo article incited people on social media to troll him.

Isn't that Fox News After Dark, Daily Caller, Sean Hannity and every RWNJ shock jock's business model?

May be a good thing to get such a result. Thumbs Up
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 8:25am

Dan Coates next to go Shammy? . . .

Is this a prediction we can count on or are you just adding up more pages of worthless assumptions so you can celebrate yourself for the most unproductive thread posts in the history of TBV?

Do you know how question marks work Shammy? 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 9:10am
They say the Mueller Report will be out soon. You wont have any trouble knowing what is in it Shammy.

If it says Trump didn't collude, it will be published in it's entirety, especially to the failin' NYT and Jeff Bozo's rag. 

If it says Trump colluded, it will be see you in the Supreme Court time.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 10:33am

Dan Coates next to go Shammy<font size="4" color="#ff00ff">? . . .

Do you know how question marks work Shammy? 
Guess I should look more closely at punctuation and not just focus on your erroroneous facts and assumptions.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 10:48am

Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Some days I think it is even about the state of Australian roads Shammy LOL

Now that IS a good topic to discuss Thumbs Up  Our roads are goat tracks.Cry
Also great yank TV entertainment watching those road trains nautically circumnavigate your highways without sinking or requiring man overboard drills. "Outback Trucker" is right up there with the Weather Channel series about Canada's "Highway Thru Hell."

https://youtu.be/NokwepgrlpM

You should google Tom Kruse, Shammy - outback mailman of the war era. Great aussie story and plenty of stuff on youtube.
I am checking his Last mail from birdville site. Tough living in the outback. Been to a Outback Steakhouse here a couple times. Now I feel like Mrs Shammy and I should roll in dirt and mud to look the part before eating there again.

So much great food in the USA and you choose to go to a dumpy chain joint like Outback Steakhouse...... more than once.

You are right. I can see why you would see it as nonsensical. Why would anyone want to eat at a dumpy chain restaurant immortilzing a primitive heathen 3rd world sparsely populated environment with no paved roads located on a yuuge island that uses goat trails to circumnavigate its coast? I guess the attraction was that it is called "Outback" and I knew even if the food sucked the primitive experience would be fun and we could at least drive to it on a paved road and park our pickup on a paved lot.

. .. Talk about a gastronomical pea brain!

Hold that thought. As the Chinese take more of an interest in OZ and your dietary needs are modified to noodles, dumpy red meat chain resturants might become a fleeting delight for the Ozzie taste buds and your desire for cut and ground meat might only be found in the grocery refrigeration aisle in boxes named Chung King or General Tsao. Pass the Soy Sauce mate.

We’ll deal with that if and when your delusions become reality. As it stands currently though the only dietary reality we have is that the USA has any manner of culinary delights yet your palate chooses poor quality garbage which you’re stupid enough to think is a high end experience. And you go back again and again. Gold!

OK. Ok. Where do you suggest we take out discriminating palates to eat here in the states if you think Outback doesn’t measure up?

You really don’t have any idea do you?

As I said, there are any number of fantastic food options. You are spoilt for choice. Take your pick but avoid chains are you will generally get rubbish. Not that you seem to care.
No. Give me some suggestions. Oh, please, I want to surprise Mrs Shammy with my culinary talents.

You don’t know how to use google either? I guess I’m not entirely surprised.

No idea where you are located and I’m certainly not going to bother searching for you. There are great places to eat in almost every town, often at almost every price range. I’m sure if you try really hard you’ll be able to find something suitable.

You want a good one that she will appreciate though? Take her to Napa for a significant anniversary/birthday and book a table at The French Laundry. You’re welcome.
We don't have either. Can't you come up with something else. Please. We are in central VA. Your are the expert on fine dining.

Suggest you read my post again. I’m not going to do a google search for you. I already gave you a great option for a significant celebration. That’s as good as you’re going to get. If you want one on the east coast go to Per Se. It’s on Columbus Circle in Manhattan. Same owner.

Oh come on. You denigrate our dining choices making us look stupid and then you can't google us reasonable culinary choices nearby that upgrades our palates. All we get is don't go to a chain restaurant. You are such a disappointment for a supposely informed food critic. Sounds to me like you are a phony and you don't know what you are talking about.

. . . I could give you plenty more examples of good places I’ve been to over there (and a few shockers too) but why would I?Ever heard the saying “never wise up a chump”? . . .
I am devastated.

No you’re not. You’ll be back again real soon with another piece of wonderful unintended comedy. There’s no doubt about it. And we thank you for it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 11:32am

They say the Mueller Report will be out soon. You wont have any trouble knowing what is in it Shammy.

If it says Trump didn't collude, it will be published in it's entirety, especially to the failin' NYT and Jeff Bozo's rag. 

If it says Trump colluded, it will be see you in the Supreme Court time.

Excellent. I am not worried either way. Now we can focus on building the wall and infrastructure legislation.

Winning is everything in US politics. Maybe you can come over to the states in seven or so years and enjoy the Trump Library with us. You will, of course, have to promise not to make a scene. I'll take you to one of the many Outback Steakhouses located on Long Island, Bronx, Brooklyn, and Staten Island to make you feel right at home. Aqueduct or Belmont will be running for sure. If you have to exchange your Yuan for USD, I can get you a fair rate. We want you to leave your money here. #MAGA. Even near worthless currency is acceptable. We have been taking the Canadian dollar at a big loss for decades. Ya'll come now.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 11:37am
Once the Mueller report is in, and I have no confidence it will be anytime soon, Congress can get on with proper hearings(they are 2 years behind with corrupt R's running cover for Trump) and get the Impeachment process under way.Thumbs Up
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 11:39am
Infrastructure legislation????

How is that going,2 years on?

You are delusional, the orange one hasn’t built anything for 20 years.....
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 11:56am

Once the Mueller report is in, and I have no confidence it will be anytime soon, Congress can get on with proper hearings(they are 2 years behind with corrupt R's running cover for Trump) and get the Impeachment process under way.Thumbs Up
The same confidence you have based the past 792 pages on?
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 12:40pm

Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

Visit Shammy.  The USA is visited by most travelling Australians sometime in their life.  Australia is so far away but even just to see the racing here would be interesting for you.
I would love to. We might. Getting up in age so traveling that distance would be a challenge for us from our east coast. I watch some Australian racing on our TVG channel.

Thanks for the invitation.

Plenty of spare rooms out here at Bankstown Shammy, and you'd be very welcome - out in 'real' Australia, away from the out of touch pompous arrogant elites, we appreciate having the Most Powerful Allie that a civilised western democracy could possibly have, and with possibly their Greatest Ever POTUS in charge! Clap

... so just be sure to come any time in the next 6 years or so - if you bring an authentic Trumpy Bear for each of the kids, you will have free accommodation for as long as you like!!!Heart 

There is a regular bus tour leaves just down the road from my place that will allow you to appreciate the nuances, delights and particularly the fragrances of suburbs like Lakembanon and Piffobowl, and if you wish to sample the authentic Vietnamese Pho restaurants of Bankstown, ex-US military helmets and flak jackets are supplied free of charge!Big smile
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 12:43pm
Yes Shammy a spare room and all you have to do to earn your board is spruik kebabs. 

Hope you dont mind wearing a falafel suit though.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 1:11pm
*Biffobowl

Lamb or chicken Kebab Shammy?
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Visit Shammy.  The USA is visited by most travelling Australians sometime in their life.  Australia is so far away but even just to see the racing here would be interesting for you.
I would love to. We might. Getting up in age so traveling that distance would be a challenge for us from our east coast. I watch some Australian racing on our TVG channel.

Plenty of spare rooms out here at Bankstown Shammy, and you'd be very welcome - out in 'real' Australia, away from the out of touch pompous arrogant elites, we appreciate having the Most Powerful Allie that a civilised western democracy could possibly have, and with possibly their Greatest Ever POTUS in charge! Clap

... so just be sure to come any time in the next 6 years or so - if you bring an authentic Trumpy Bear for each of the kids, you will have free accommodation for as long as you like!!!Heart 

There is a regular bus tour leaves just down the road from my place that will allow you to appreciate the nuances, delights and particularly the fragrances of suburbs like Lakembanon and Piffobowl, and if you wish to sample the authentic Vietnamese Pho restaurants of Bankstown, ex-US military helmets and flak jackets are supplied free of charge!Big smile

Thanks for the invitation. I can speak kabob. Sounds like a great experience particularly the Vietnamese restaurant with combat items to admire. Though I prefer just the meal as my memories of Vietnam are not fond. Any kabobs are good with me. One problem though. Mrs Shammy has us scheduled for Scotland, Azores, Crete, and Quebec. She is finding are roots. OZ, if embalming fluid is not mingling with my last dinner at a Outback Steakhouse, has a slight chance of being added to the list. Very slight and that is because no Ozzie can claim a DNA match with Mrs Shammy. I apologize. I am touched though by your invitation.

Not to worry though. I will continue to be a TBV voice for conservative yankee thinking and the repair, upkeep, and modernization of your goat trails and corrugated metal roads.#MOGA
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 1:18am
... I'm a proud product of strong Scottish roots (figuratively speaking) Shammy!Thumbs Up

“It's a braw bricht moonlicht nicht the nicht”Cool

Och aye! ... every chance that there's a long lost ancestral connection there Shammy, particularly if they are Glaswegians!Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 8:29am
Big day today for All The President's Thugs Shammy.

Geez that Roger Stone is an idiot. Still bagging Judge Jackson and the legal process on Instagram  as he is in court grovelling to keep out of prison. The judge didn't hold back on him except she should have sent him to prison till his trial. She said he couldn't even keep his story straight begging for his freedom contradicting himself repeatedly.

Michael Cohen had an easier day, just getting instructions ahead of his several days of hearings coming up over the next few weeks. He got his prison admittance delayed 2 months so he could give the committees full attention.

All the best liars and crooks eh Shammy.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 8:33am
I know that as this is reported in the MSM it is probably a lie and you can block it out. Just pull your foil hat on tighter and go la la, la while I post this.

Reuters: JUDGE ORDERS STONE NOT TO SPEAK PUBLICLY ABOUT THE CASE, ADDRESS IT ON SOCIAL MEDIA OR COMMENT INDIRECTLY VIA SURROGATES
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 8:52am

... I'm a proud product of strong Scottish roots (figuratively speaking) Shammy!Thumbs Up

<span style="font-size: 12px;">“It's a braw bricht moonlicht nicht the nicht”</span>Cool

Och aye! ... every chance that there's a long lost ancestral connection there Shammy, particularly if they are Glaswegians!Wink
Could be. Mrs Shammy is a Campbell and I am both equal parts Mackay and Bell with a topping of Jardin. The lowland Bells were well known as horse thieves, thus my interest in horses. I, of course, acquired my combativeness through the highland MacKays, who often rode into battle astride horses that rumor has it they stole from the Bells. At some point love overcame it all to make a combative but honest horseman of me.

Slainte mhath!

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 8:53am

Thanks for the invitation. I can speak kabob. Sounds like a great experience particularly the Vietnamese restaurant with combat items to admire. Though I prefer just the meal as my memories of Vietnam are not fond. Any kabobs are good with me. One problem though. Mrs Shammy has us scheduled for Scotland, Azores, Crete, and Quebec. She is finding are roots. OZ, if embalming fluid is not mingling with my last dinner at a Outback Steakhouse, has a slight chance of being added to the list. Very slight and that is because no Ozzie can claim a DNA match with Mrs Shammy. I apologize. I am touched though by your invitation.

Not to worry though. I will continue to be a TBV voice for conservative yankee thinking and the repair, upkeep, and modernization of your goat trails and corrugated metal roads.#MOGA

Deary me Shammy. Explain how tearing up the constitution and trying to grab the co-equal Congressional power of the purse is conservative in any way. You have become an anarchist supporting this criminal. If you were anything but a pretend conservative you would be standing up to this naked power grab by a desperate man for purely political purposes. 

Criminal kleptocracy is not conservative.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 11:43am
Conservatism, political doctrine that emphasizes the value of traditional institutions and practices.

Trump to a T.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 12:40pm
White supremacist coast guard officer who planned to kill Democrat leadership plus media people arrested.

Trump: Jussie Smolett lied, more caravans coming, Andrew McCabe, James Comey... harrumph, harrumph.

White supremacist held over US terror plot

WORLD /  / 

A US Coast Guard lieutenant and self-identified white nationalist has been arrested after federal investigators uncovered a cache of weapons and ammunition in his Maryland home that authorities say he stockpiled to launch a widespread domestic terrorist attack targeting politicians and journalists.

Christopher Paul Hasson called for "focused violence" to "establish a white homeland" and dreamed of ways to "kill almost every last person on earth," according to court records filed in U.S. District Court in Maryland. Though court documents do not detail a specific planned date for an attack, the government said he had been amassing supplies and weapons since 2017 at the latest, developed a spreadsheet of targets that included House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-California, and searched the internet using phrases such as "best place in dc to see congress people" and "are supreme court justices protected."

"The defendant intends to murder innocent civilians on a scale rarely seen in this country," the government said in court documents filed this week, arguing that Hasson should stay in jail awaiting trial.

Hasson, of Silver Spring, is expected to appear before a judge for a detention hearing in federal court in Greenbelt on Thursday.

Hasson was arrested on illegal weapons and drug charges on Friday, but the government says those charges are the "proverbial tip of the iceberg." Officials with the U.S. attorney's office in Maryland outlined in court documents Hasson's alleged plans to spark chaos and destruction, describing a man obsessed with neo-fascist and neo-Nazi views.

"Please send me your violence that I may unleash it onto their heads," Hasson wrote in a letter that prosecutors say was found in his email drafts. "Guide my hate to make a lasting impression on this world."

A magistrate judge ordered that the Office of the Federal Public Defender represent Hasson; the office declined comment on Wednesday.

Hasson has been working at the US Coast Guard headquarters in Washington since 2016, according to court documents filed by prosecutors. He also served in the U.S. Marine Corps from 1988 to 1993 and in the Army National Guard for about two years in the mid-90s.

A case containing bottles of Tramodol uncovered by US federal investigators in the home of US Coast Guard lieutenant Christopher Paul Hasson in Silver Spring, Maryland. Picture: US Attorney's Office Maryland/Handout via Reuters
Agents with the FBI field office in Baltimore and the Coast Guard Investigative Service arrested Hasson on Friday, FBI Baltimore spokesman Dave Fitz confirmed.

A Coast Guard spokesman, Lt. Cmdr. Scott McBride, said Wednesday that Hasson no longer works at Coast Guard headquarters.

"An active duty Coast Guard member stationed at Coast Guard Headquarters in Washington, D.C., was arrested last week on illegal weapons and drug charges as a result of an ongoing investigation led by Coast Guard Investigation Services, in cooperation with the FBI and the Dept. of Justice," McBride said in a written statement. McBride declined to comment further, citing the open investigation.

Court documents do not detail what prompted federal law enforcement to begin investigating Hasson, but they say Hasson has been studying the 1,500-page manifesto of right-wing terrorist Anders Behring Breivik, who unleashed two attacks in 2011 that killed 77 in Norway. They say Hasson's attack preparations resembled Breivik's.

The manifesto outlined how Breivik planned and prepared his attacks with the aim of providing an outline for others planning similar terrorist operations, the U.S. court filings say.

Breivik took steroids and narcotics, believing it would heighten his abilities to carry out attacks. When law enforcement raided Hasson's apartment, they said they found a locked container loaded with more than 30 vials of what appeared to be human growth hormones. He has also ordered more than 4,200 pills of the narcotic Tramadol since 2016, along with synthetic urine to allegedly bypass possible random drug screenings at work, they said.

Breivik encouraged identifying targets and traitors. In recent weeks, they said, Hasson developed a spreadsheet of targets that included top Democratic congressional leaders and media personalities. The list includes "JOEY," what prosecutors say is a reference to former Rep. Joe Scarborough, R-Fla., who works for MSNBC; "cortez," an alleged reference to freshman Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-New York; and "Sen blumen jew," presumably about Sen. Richard Blumenthal, D-Conn.

The filing was first reported Wednesday afternoon by the Program on Extremism at George Washington University.

Authorities seized 15 firearms, including several long guns and rifles, and more than 1,000 rounds of ammunition from his basement apartment after executing a search warrant this month. Over the past two years, he had made nearly two dozen purchases of firearms or related equipment and made thousands of visits to websites that sell weapons or tactical gear.

Authorities said Hasson harbored extremist views for years.

"The defendant is a domestic terrorist," the government said in court filings, "bent, on committing acts dangerous to human life that are intended to affect governmental conduct."

In an email he drafted in June 2017, he contemplated biological attacks and targeting food supplies, according to court filings. He considered the merits of a "bombing/sniper campaign" and included a "Things to do" list that included purchasing land "out west or possibly NC mtns" for family and researching tactics used during the civil war in Ukraine.

"During unrest target both sides to increase tension," Hasson wrote in the email, according to the court filings. "In other words provoke gov/police to over react which should help to escalate violence. BLM protests or other left crap would be ideal to incite to violence."

In another letter drafted months later to an American neo-Nazi leader, Hasson called for a "white homeland." He sent the letter to himself nearly two months after the neo-Nazi rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, where torch-carrying white-supremacists clashed with anti-racist protesters.

"I never saw a reason for mass protest or wearing uniforms marching around provoking people with swastikas etc.," Hasson said in the letter, according to court filings. "I was and am a man of action you cannot change minds protesting like that. However you can make change with a little focused violence."

Hasson's commitment to destruction appeared to increase in recent weeks, according to details from prosecutors. He created a list of "traitors" and targets on January 19 in a spreadsheet on his work computer, they said, which was created two days after he conducted a series of internet inquiries:

8:54 a.m.: "what if trump illegally impeached"

8:57 a.m.: "best place in dc to see congress people"

8:58 a.m.: "where in dc to congress live"

10:39 a.m.: "civil war if trump impeached"

11:26 a.m.: "social democrats usa"

The arrest marks the second time that the Coast Guard has responded to an incident involving alleged white supremacy in recent months. In September, the service reprimanded a worker who flashed what some people identified as a white-supremacy sign in the background of a televised interview with another officer during the response to Hurricane Florence.

"We are aware of the offensive video on twitter - the Coast Guard has identified the member and removed him from the response," the service said at the time in a tweet. "His actions do not reflect those of the United States Coast Guard."

That individual was not identified.

The Washington Post

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 792793794795796 1094>